A Look Back at a Memorable Season in Helsinki

Frank

Helsinki, Finland 

May 9th, 2021

It all started during the season 77 draft when Helsinki selected Aurelien Moreau and Gustislav Nasherov @Vat who are poised to be great players in the VHL. Then we saw Helsinki swoop in and sign one of the best players in the league and if not an even better member Venus Thightrap @BladeMaiden. The signing solidified Helsinki with one of the strongest forward groups in the league. As well as bringing the locker room together. Without Thightrap, Helsinki would not have gotten past Warsaw in the conference finals. With an already stellar group consisting of Patrik Laine @PatrikLaine, Zamboni Driver @Tape-to-Tape, Valtteri Vaakanainen @Jubo, Dan Dan @MMFLEX, Ola Vikingstad @Dil, Vick Fairchild @GreenGato, Magnus Verlander @Jbeezy76, Emi Rune @Emi, Gustav Hjalmarsson @McLovin, Bob Helminen @Big Bob, Trent Gibson @Caboose30 Helsinki was ready to make noise. 

After a solid season Helsinki bolstered their blueline at the deadline with the acquisition of James Rose @MattyIce. Another move which would seal their fate and land them in the Continental Cup Finals. Unfortunately Seattle proved to be too much to overcome dismantling Helsinki in 5 games despite close scoring matches throughout. Season 77 showed that Helsinki is a tight group willing to go to war for each other and the future is oh so bright. 

@Jubo is probably one of the greatest GM's I've played for in the VHL. He is thoughtful in his process and swift in his decision making. The fact he didn't win a Continental Cup during his tenure is due to sheer luck or lack thereof. So here is to you Jubo, I'll miss ya. Thanks for taking a chance on my player and giving me one of my most memorable seasons in the VHL.

:cheers: