Saying goodbye to Hextall and hello to Ori

ROOKIE745

So Jaxx Hextall is retired now, I thought I had until next till he was forced out but that's what happens when you miss understand something. I believe I said before that I was hoping to get him to 13th overall for TPE passed Matt Thompson but ya that's not happening. Besides 1565 total TPE does sound nice after all XD and should be pretty hard to pass. It was really sad when I logged on to see it saying time to recreate and that I could no longer update him, and not seeing the name Jaxx Hextall up there anymore does feel surreal to me but that's how the cookie crumbles. For anyone that has followed his career or is new here there is a story behind choosing that name or names I guess.

First all considering the name Hextall your probably thinking I'm a Flyers fan but I'm not actually, I wouldn't put them in my top five of favorite teams but probably top ten. To me Hextall is just a really cool name, very unique and just stands out a lot compared to other last names. Yes Hextall himself (the actual real life player) seems like he was really fun to watch and had some great moments his career and his fighting was epic for a goalie, he stood out a lot and lets not forget his puck handling to and scoring two goals, including one in the playoffs, I just couldn't pass it up. For anyone wondering no I never saw him play live, by the time he announced his retirement in September I wasn't even a year old yet. As for the first name Jaxx, your probably thinking it came from the name of a character in a TV show, cartoon or movie. Nope. Some years ago I adopted a cat named Jaxx, he was one of the friendliest cats I'd had ever met and loved how cuddly he was for reasons I don't want to get into I didn't keep him, personal reasons.

So moving on what about my new player, Jonathan Ori? Well the name is simpler, Jonathan is one of my middle names and Ori is from the main character of Ori and the Blind Forest and it's sequel Ori and the Will of the Wisps, which as you guessed the main character's name is Ori. It just had a nice ring to it. Also fun fact I met a flight attendant some years back named Ori, no kidding, I had to tell him he had a awesome name and mention the game XD now that the name is out of the way I am very excited to be on a new player, I've been looking forward to living the experience of going through the draft again. Honestly I'm happy to  have my draft seasons split up to, keeps the excitement up longer and it doesn't feel like one draft is pointless. Of course there's more stock in the VHL draft but I'd rather not be a position where I miss the window for the VHLM draft and have both of them in the same year and be at that point where I know I'm going right to the VHL and the M draft doesn't mean anything. Of course not saying that always happens, Hextall was above 250 TPE before the VHL season started but for team reasons he stayed down in the M, and the story of Hextall falling to 32nd overall and being a steal of a pick for the Storm was great. I just think having them split up like this will be more fun and interesting.

Anyway this is all I have to say for now, ciao for now.....

(word count 621)

Review cool way to connect the ending of one career to the beginning of the next, being a newer member myself it’s nice to see that other members have reasons for naming their players, well spaced out so it’s not just a wall of text, I honestly thought Jaxx was a different spelling of the Mortal Kombat character, a little bolding to beak the sections would have been nice but it’s not necessary 

review 9/10

awesome way on closing out the character ! loved the reason behind the players name as i feel building a storyline/ character makes it more fun and interesting. well done great career. i liked the spacing and formatting 

good article! 8/10