VSN Presents: the Season 77 VHL Awards Show

1 hour ago, Doomsday said:

zDyWw7kUUkc33aqhrw6xYCw46xsYYvi_kcsdwDQf

On the other hand, the Jake Wylde Trophy is an award recognizing the best defensive defenseman in the league, a truly thankless and overlooked role in the VHL. In a league dominated by scoring, it takes a special player to commit yourself to defensive excellence. While this group is also a talented one offensively, for the Jake Wylde Trophy, only the defensive statistics matter. Our finalists are...

:ldn: Erik Killinger (LDN) - 26G, 60A, 86P, 30, 122PIM, 177HIT, 182SB

:war: Latrell Mitchell (WAR) - 23G, 63A, 86P, 22, 108PIM, 158HIT, 165SB

:dav: Tyler Walker (DAV) - 25G, 65A, 90P, -35, 208PIM, 290HIT, 165SB

Latrell Mitchell @dasboot took home the Wylde in Season 76, can he make it two in a row?

The winner of the Jake Wylde Trophy is...

Hide contents

trophy_ladybynglg.jpg

Erik Killinger!! @Peace

He may have come up a little short in the vote for the Valiq, but with 182 blocked shots, 177 hits, and a +30, Erik Killinger takes home the Wylde Trophy as consolation. Tyler Walker @Advantage had an outstanding season, but his massive minus rating courtesy of Davos made it a bit too much for some of the members of the Awards Committee to select him instead. Killinger was a powerhouse last season, and followed it up with more of the same, earning the former forward some well-deserved prestige.

Congratulations to Erik Killinger, the winner of the Jake Wylde Trophy!!

Voting:

Erik Killinger: 12Tyler Walker: 2

This is a defensive award? There are much better DEFENSIVE options out there. This one confuses the crap outta me. No hate to the nominees and winner at all but it doesn’t make sense.

1 hour ago, Doomsday said:

B5qxkS5ARJ0FIKcsahMKPleNy9WLhz2xnQj8yVrp

The Sterling Labatte Trophy, one of the most prestigious awards in the league, is awarded to the player deemed to be the best defenseman in the VHL. For a blue liner looking to achieve immortality in the VHL Hall of Fame, you don't just need to win a Labatte Trophy… you need to win it multiple times. All of our finalists, however, are on the hunt for their first Labatte Trophy:

:ldn: Erik Killinger (LDN) - 26G, 60A, 86P, 30, 122PIM, 177HIT, 182SB

:chi: Spencer Elsby (CHI) - 21G, 72A, 93P, 34, 64PIM, 114HIT, 173SB

:chi: Matty Socks (CHI) - 24G, 60A, 84P, 13, 112PIM, 132HIT, 179SB

:war: Latrell Mitchell (WAR) - 23G, 63A, 86P, 22, 108PIM, 158HIT, 165SB

Which one of these talented blue liners is taking that first step towards enshrinement in the VHL Hall of Fame tonight?

The winner of the Season 77 Sterling Labatte Trophy is...

Hide contents

trophy_norrislg.jpg

Erik Killinger!! @Peace

After being narrowly edged out for the Valiq, Killinger doubles down and departs the award show with perhaps the biggest two trophies in the VHL for defensemen. It's yet another award for London's rapidly-expanding trophy case, and for good reason: Killinger proved to be the most rounded defender on the list, and the Awards Committee also agreed with that sentiment.

Congratulations to Erik Killinger, winner of the Sterling Labatte Trophy!!

Erik Killinger: 10, Matty Socks: 2, Tyler Walker: 2

RIGGED

2 hours ago, Ricer13 said:

This is a defensive award? There are much better DEFENSIVE options out there. This one confuses the crap outta me. No hate to the nominees and winner at all but it doesn’t make sense.

Kind of agree here. How is the league leader in blocked shots (Viktor Alexei Kamenov @BigTittySmitty) not even considered?

Otherwise great job @Doomsday as usual! Congrats to all the winners!

6wJmIrLvnB9LujpChUUFL4akuJRu5-6Hk5HtaQky

The Seattle Bears captured their fifth Continental Cup in the past decade, but Rayz Funk @Rayzor_7 has moved on to the VHL Hall of Fame. Who has become the new postseason leader for the Continental Cup champions, or did Valtteri Vaakanainen @Jubo have a big enough postseason to take home the Kanou in his own right?

:hel: Valtteri Vaakanainen (HSK) - 9G, 23A, 32P, 13, 26PIM, 43HIT, 9SB, 0GWG

:sea: Timothy Brown (SEA) - 12G, 11A, 23P, 3, 22PIM, 55HIT, 14SB, 3GWG

:sea: Jim Bob (SEA) - 10G, 13A, 23P, 2, 58PIM, 93HIT, 6SB, 2GWG

:sea: Rara Rasputin (SEA) - 15GP, 11-1-2, 0.928SV%, 2.67GAA, 1SO, 611SA

The most valuable player of the Season 77 VHL Playoffs is...

Spoiler

trophy_connsmythelg.jpg

Rara Rasputin!! @Victor

A goaltender winning the Kanou with a Seattle Cup win? Where have we heard this storyline before?? This was not a difficult decision for the Awards Committee, as Rasputin absolutely ran away with this one, but it's quite clear how that happened. In fifteen starts for the Bears in the playoffs, Rasputin won twelve, with a .928 save percentage and a 2.68 goals allowed average. He was on another level for the playoffs, and it played a major role in the Bears' return to the top. If that's not Kanou material, I don't know what is.

Congratulations to Rara Rasputin, the Season 77 Daisuke Kanou Trophy winner as the MVP of the Season 77 VHL Playoffs!!

Voting:

Rara Rasputin: 11Timothy Brown: 1, Jim Bob: 1, Valtteri Vaakanainen: 1

9 hours ago, Doomsday said:

@bigAL is also one of the biggest fans of the VHL Awards Show, and I'm absolutely delighted to hand over some prestigious hardware to him tonight

I am SO RATTLED I missed this Dooms, the one time I get a trophy too! Thanks for all you do Mr Doomsday Harvey. I promise it’s still an emotional roller coaster watching the highlights of the show in the morning. 

and WOOOOO NOT TODAY LAHTINEN

16 minutes ago, Doomsday said:

Oof, being a boomer and starting this at 9 PM EST... bad call. Worked much better when I was working from home.

Wait it’s still on? Thank you for waiting for me 🙏 

GfOoYOVaNjDaTqTeBLv_s1H2nXraqyR0zHGd5bfI

The Brett Slobodzian Trophy, awarded annually to the most outstanding player in the VHL, is unique in that the winner is chosen by you, the VHL community! Our finalists this season are:

:que: Andrew Su (VAN) - 47G, 73A, 120P, 8, 37PIM, 44HIT, 44SB

:que: Onde Sandstrom (VAN) - 42G, 60A, 102P, 11, 133PIM, 329HIT, 39SB

:war: Aloe Dear (WAR) - 43G, 69A, 112P, 34, 100PIM, 194HIT, 30SB

:war: Dakota Lamb (WAR) - 46G, 58A, 104P, 23, 75PIM, 163HIT, 22SB

:sea: Jim Bob (SEA) - 48G, 55A, 103P, 26, 199PIM, 332HIT, 21SB

:dcd: Groovy Dood (DCD) - 46G, 60A, 106P, -4, 119PIM, 341HIT, 43SB

:chi: Spencer Elsby (CHI) - 21G, 72A, 93P, 34, 64PIM, 114HIT, 173SB

This season, we had 166 members cast a vote to decide the winner! Let's find out who the VHL community's pick as the most outstanding player is...

Spoiler

With 76 votes, 46.9% of the total vote, the winner of the Brett Slobodzian Trophy is...

Spoiler

trophy_lesterbpearsonlg.jpg

Andrew Su!! @Da_Berr

Not a big surprise here, as Andrew Su had a monster season for the Vancouver Wolves yet again in Season 77. The league leader in assists and points, and just one goal off of the league lead, Su was the easy choice of the VHL community with nearly half of the total votes! Thank you to the VHL community for all the votes, and congratulations to Andrew Su on a very well-deserved nod as the Brett Slobodzian Trophy winner as the most outstanding player in the VHL!!

Voting:

Andrew Su: 76Aloe Dear: 22, Groovy Dood: 13, Spencer Elsby: 13, Onde Sandstrom: 12, Jim Bob: 10, Tyler Walker: 9

OIsRZgk-IzOXA7wTgdV70dw-IZysv6cUek4Qekca

Ladies and gentlemen, this is the big one. The Scotty Campbell Trophy, awarded annually to the most valuable player in the VHL. The single most-coveted individual award our league has to offer. Let's meet our finalists for the top prize:

:que: Andrew Su (VAN) - 47G, 73A, 120P, 8, 37PIM, 44HIT, 44SB

:war: Aloe Dear (WAR) - 43G, 69A, 112P, 34, 100PIM, 194HIT, 30SB

:sea: Jim Bob (SEA) - 48G, 55A, 103P, 26, 199PIM, 332HIT, 21SB

:que: Onde Sandstrom (VAN) - 42G, 60A, 102P, 11, 133PIM, 329HIT, 39SB

Does Andrew Su's @Da_Berr phenomenal run continue with a second-straight MVP season? Aloe Dear @Renomitsu  broke out as an elite player in Season 77, but did he make it all the way to MVP status? Jim Bob @jRuutu led his Seattle Bears to a Continental Cup victory, but did he also carry himself to an MVP season? And lastly, did Onde Sandstrom's @fonziGG big season that delivered big point totals and bigger hits land him the Scotty Campbell Trophy?

The wait is over, especially considering it was much, much longer than originally planned.

Your winner, and the Season 77 Scotty Campbell Trophy is...

Spoiler

trophy_hartlg.jpg

ANDREW SU!!

Yeah, this wasn't much of a surprise. When you have the dominant type of season that Su did, it's tough to stack up. His dominance is a key reason that Vancouver was able to return to the playoffs, and missing the playoffs simply wasn't an option for him. With back-to-back 120 point seasons and now back-to-back Scotty Campbell Trophy wins, it's difficult to imagine that Andrew Su isn't on the fast track to the VHL Hall of Fame at this point, as he has firmly established himself as one of the most dangerous players of his era. It's Andrew Su's league, and we're simply playing in it.

Congratulations to Andrew Su, the Season 77 Scotty Campbell Trophy winner, and most valuable player of the VHL!!

Voting:

Andrew Su: 12Jim Bob: 2

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, bigAL said:

I am SO RATTLED I missed this Dooms, the one time I get a trophy too! Thanks for all you do Mr Doomsday Harvey. I promise it’s still an emotional roller coaster watching the highlights of the show in the morning. 

and WOOOOO NOT TODAY LAHTINEN

I’ve literally been telling you all season that you have the Boulet over me and yet you still brag about it :P Yes, I would have loved 4 straight but my performance was worse, I’m in no way surprised.

• Quik changed the title to VSN Presents: the Season 77 VHL Awards Show
  • Admin
3 hours ago, Doomsday said:

6wJmIrLvnB9LujpChUUFL4akuJRu5-6Hk5HtaQky

The Seattle Bears captured their fifth Continental Cup in the past decade, but Rayz Funk @Rayzor_7 has moved on to the VHL Hall of Fame. Who has become the new postseason leader for the Continental Cup champions, or did Valtteri Vaakanainen @Jubo have a big enough postseason to take home the Kanou in his own right?

:hel: Valtteri Vaakanainen (HSK) - 9G, 23A, 32P, 13, 26PIM, 43HIT, 9SB, 0GWG

:sea: Timothy Brown (SEA) - 12G, 11A, 23P, 3, 22PIM, 55HIT, 14SB, 3GWG

:sea: Jim Bob (SEA) - 10G, 13A, 23P, 2, 58PIM, 93HIT, 6SB, 2GWG

:sea: Rara Rasputin (SEA) - 15GP, 11-1-2, 0.928SV%, 2.67GAA, 1SO, 611SA

The most valuable player of the Season 77 VHL Playoffs is...

Hide contents

trophy_connsmythelg.jpg

Rara Rasputin!! @Victor

A goaltender winning the Kanou with a Seattle Cup win? Where have we heard this storyline before?? This was not a difficult decision for the Awards Committee, as Rasputin absolutely ran away with this one, but it's quite clear how that happened. In fifteen starts for the Bears in the playoffs, Rasputin won twelve, with a .928 save percentage and a 2.68 goals allowed average. He was on another level for the playoffs, and it played a major role in the Bears' return to the top. If that's not Kanou material, I don't know what is.

Congratulations to Rara Rasputin, the Season 77 Daisuke Kanou Trophy winner as the MVP of the Season 77 VHL Playoffs!!

Voting:

Rara Rasputin: 11Timothy Brown: 1, Jim Bob: 1, Valtteri Vaakanainen: 1

@a_Ferk robbed

thanks though guys, been a while since I won one of these. On the winning team now which is a pleasant change...

6 hours ago, Doomsday said:

Oof, being a boomer and starting this at 9 PM EST... bad call. Worked much better when I was working from home.

That's why I had you covered. Should of tagged @Quik

Just now, Frank said:

Posted the predictions before Part 2 aired.

to be faiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, I don't think anything got spoiled by that

16 hours ago, Doomsday said:

zDyWw7kUUkc33aqhrw6xYCw46xsYYvi_kcsdwDQf

On the other hand, the Jake Wylde Trophy is an award recognizing the best defensive defenseman in the league, a truly thankless and overlooked role in the VHL. In a league dominated by scoring, it takes a special player to commit yourself to defensive excellence. While this group is also a talented one offensively, for the Jake Wylde Trophy, only the defensive statistics matter. Our finalists are...

The winner of the Jake Wylde Trophy is...

16 hours ago, Doomsday said:

Set's VHL season record for blocked shots with 223. Carries Malmo to playoffs when folks wrote them to be an outsider. Not considered a nominee for defensive defencemen of the year. What a joke.

• Admin
2 hours ago, BigTittySmitty said:

Set's VHL season record for blocked shots with 223.

I mean not even in the top 25.

It was a large ballot and I think you missed out due to a lack of hits and a rather ugly +/-, even in the context of Malmo.

bxTJIHXPsHAlqmunNKQo5CwyRgKU3qCBUXrklbiN

Duncan Idaho - Paul Atreides - Brendan Telker

Javad Kamkar - Olof Samuelsson

Jurgis Kalvelis Blazevicius/Tater Tot

Scoring amongst the rookie class was down compared to the past few seasons, but that wasn't indicative of the talent that made its way up to the VHL in Season 77! The Moscow Menace's one-two punch of Duncan Idaho @OrbitingDeath and Paul Atreides @Mr_Hatter were the top two scorers of the class, and as Moscow's rebuild rolls along, these are two players that will be putting the league on notice very soon. Brendan Telker @Telkster stepped in with the Malmo Nighthawks and made an immediate difference, scoring 24 goals and helping his new team reach the playoffs. Javad Kamkar @Parriyah9374 made the leap to the VHL with the Vancouver Wolves in Season 77, and wasted no time becoming an important part of their blue line, blocking 171 shots and established himself as a reliable player on both ends of the ice. Olof Samuelsson @Azlan wasn't the highly touted rookie defenseman on the HC Davos Dynamo, but he's the one that made his way onto our All-Rookie Team! With 212 hits, his physical play was reinforced with gritty play in his own end, along with a steady presence offensively to really become a quality contributor for Davos. At goaltender, we have an unusual situation, as two rookie goalers make the team! Jurgis Kalvelis Blazevicius @efiug and Tater Tot @Trunkxolotl received the same amount of votes, so as a result, they both make the team!

Congratulations to our Season 77 VHL All-Rookie Team!!

Voting:

Forward:

Duncan Idaho: 14, Paul Atreides: 14, Brendan Telker: 11, Phillip Stein: 2

Defense:

Javad Kamkar: 11, Olof Samuelsson: 11, Reylynn Reinhart: 3, Zeedayno Chara: 3

Goalie:

Jurgis Kalvelis Blazevicius: 4, Tater Tot: 4, Trent Gibson: 3, Vsevolod Askarov: 2

TqKiyej-RRrHj4IgC5NY0LISaycaxIymYy1yM-Wc

Onde Sandstrom - Dakota Lamb - Groovy Dood

Latrell Mitchell - Tyler Walker

Doug Dimmadome

Our All-VHL Second Team features several players who broke out in a big way in Season 77! Onde Sandstrom @fonziGG had a monster season with the Vancouver Wolves, stepping up as a dangerous scoring threat that couldn't be ignored, even with Andrew Su @Da_Berr on the ice. Dakota Lamb @dlambhas been a consistent force for the Warsaw Predators, and he broke out in a big way, breaking 100 points for the first time. Groovy Dood @bigAL enjoyed his best season yet, eclipsing 100 points for the first time and also winning the Scott Boulet Trophy as the top two-way forward in the VHL. Latrell Mitchell @dasboot produced another excellent season in Warsaw, and he's joined by Tyler Walker @Advantage of the HC Davos Dynamo, who had a monster of a season of his own. In net, it's Doug Dimmadome @Esso2264, who played a big role for the Los Angeles Stars' making the playoffs for the first time in their history!

Your All-VHL Second Team, everyone!!

Voting:

Forwards: 

Sandstrom - 12

Lamb - 7, Groovy Dood9, Jim Bob: 4, Mikko Lahtinen: 3, Christian Mingle: 3, Aloe Dear: 2, Julian Nousiainen: 2

Defense:

Latrell Mitchell: 10, Tyler Walker: 5, Erik Killinger: 4, Matty Socks: 3, Spencer Elsby: 3, Alex Letang: 1, Kasper Kankkunen: 1

Goalie:

Doug Dimmadome: 11, Grekkark Gyrfalcon: 3

6w_IP40r2Bc1pmXT_ESmMMAzv3HkURG-B-em1W0gEW3HieDLs8eprzr6t8R9T8OSzAOC2rIwiD_kRP1Cg3QzYUn3U2evwQscI-Di-CV_cHr-5WwTPPvaC6BOhcodjwFreE0MUt09

Andrew Su - Jim Bob - Aloe Dear

Spencer Elsby - Erik Killinger

Grekkark Gyrfalcon

The inclusion of Andrew Su @Da_Berr on the First Team All-VHL should come as little surprise, as the two-time reigning MVP of the VHL was the dominant force of the league yet again with 120 points. Jim Bob @jRuutujoins him, as the VHL's top goal scorer of Season 77, along with Aloe Dear @Renomitsu , whose 112 points were second only to Su himself. Spencer Elsby @Spence King led all defensemen with 93 points as the Alexander Valiq Trophy winner, and Erik Killinger @Peace, the Sterling Labatte and Jake Wylde Trophy winner, was a major presence every time he stepped on the ice. Rounding it out is Grekkark Gyrfalcon @Sharkstrong, whose dominance in net propelled the Prague Phantoms to the playoffs, along with winning him the Aidan Shaw Trophy.

The best of the best, the First Team All-VHL!!

Voting:

Forwards:

Andrew Su: 14, Aloe Dear: 12, Jim Bob: 10, Groovy Dood: 5, Onde Sandstrom: 1

Defense:

Spencer Elsby: 11, Erik Killinger: 10, Tyler Walker: 7

Goalie:

Grekkark Gyrfalcon: 11, Doug Dimmadome: 2, Zamboni Driver: 1