VHL 2021 NHL Playoff Bracket Challenge

Quik

• Commissioner
4 hours ago, a_Ferk said:

Is there a leaderboard for this yet?

Historically it’s not counted up per round, the totals are just all calculated at the end.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Commissioner
15 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

I think I might finish dead last, hahaha

I think I've only gotten 2 right so far if that so it might be tough to be worse than me.

4 minutes ago, BarzalGoat said:

LOL, imagine thinking the Habs have an edge against either of these teams

tbf the Habs had the edge on no team all playoffs

but yeah the logic is flawed

"Tampa is better so I'd rather play the team that's so good, it can beat them - and Pittsburgh, and Boston"

That's what the habs had to deal with all playoff long.
Leafs in 4
Jets in 5
Vegas in 4.

North division is weak

Habs got lucky

American teams are different

They only have Price in net

Keep it up until the end, we love hearing all the excuses afterwards!

6 hours ago, Jtv123 said:

That's what the habs had to deal with all playoff long.
Leafs in 4
Jets in 5
Vegas in 4.

North division is weak

Habs got lucky

American teams are different

They only have Price in net

Keep it up until the end, we love hearing all the excuses afterwards!

No offense but Montreal has no business being in the Stanley Cup final based on their paper roster. Based on playing a team game they have beaten a lot better teams. I gave them an outside chance at beating Toronto only due to the fact that Toronto always chokes. I gave them an outside chance against Winnipeg as they were playing a team game and riding high. Gave them an off chance against Vegas due to being able to shut down the counter attacking offensive style that Vegas plays; which they did. But I don't see them beating Tampa or the Islanders in the finals simple due to the fact that I haven't seen a lot of the two other teams and what I have seen they don't really have many weaknesses. Islanders I guess play a counter attacking game and have a slight weakness in net. Tampa plays an all round game and maybe relies too much on their power play.

So Montreal has a chance against Tampa only if they can shut down their power play and can counter attack similar as they did against Vegas.

They will play boring hockey against the Islanders and will have to beat them at their own game. Difference might be the tender so it isn't completely impossible but this means the Islands might need to think they are the better team and sadly it will be a first team to score wins type of series.

98% of the hockey world thought Leafs would easily beat the Habs. ESPECIALLY on how fucking bad we were for 4 months. That shit was all over social media, polls, YouTube, sportsnets.

This is so cap when people starts saying oooooo we knew Leafs would of choke only once they actually choke, Jets aren't that good of a hockey team which is simply not true and I damn know a crap ton of people said the north division is weak, americans teams would smoke any canadien team and a lot of people had Vegas/Colorado destroy the habs.

Don't start saying bullshit and give us credit the credit we deserve. We overcame the odds and fought our way very very hard to finally make a stanley cup appearance after 28 years.

What do you mean no business based on there roster paper? That's so damn disrespectful towards the work they just did.

If roster paper really mattered that much, the 16th team would not be in the finals right now. This is hockey, where anything can happen in the playoff dude. It would be boring if the best two teams on paper will face off each time in the finals.

Haters are always gonna hate and found some kind of excuse for anything lmao

2 hours ago, Jtv123 said:

Once the leafs sctually choked. All of a sudden, 95% of people ''knew'' leafs were gonna choke and lose the series. Makes me laugh

Well, That makes part of the 5% that was saying from the beginning then. LOL!!

It fans like you that make other fans hate your team by the way. I was cheering for Montreal through all the series even knowing the fact that they are not that good compared to Toronto, Winnipeg, Vegas and now Tampa. It comments like these that makes me hope that Montreal gets smoked by Tampa and makes them a after thought. and make you hide under your rock again. LOL!!

''No offense but Montreal has no business being in the Stanley Cup final based on their paper roster.''

The same men proceeds to say:

''I was ''cheering'' for Montreal through all the series'' 

Lol.

And why would we hide under a rock even if we lose the Tampa? People had us losing in the very first damn round. We made it to the finals, that has not happened for 28 damn years. We are proud of our hockey club regardless of the outcome.

They defeated every odds in every single series and never gave up, it's just disrespectful that some people work so so so hard towards a goal/a dream and a random dude in the internet is mad and discrediting the efforts of those people in any type of way saying they don't deserve it somehow.

Actually, I'd LOVE to see how many people had the Habs beat Leafs/Vegas and go into the finals, especially from this guy since he was ''cheering'' for them. @Quik

Beside Habs fan themselves, I'm sure there is like 3 people combined

5 minutes ago, Jtv123 said:

''No offense but Montreal has no business being in the Stanley Cup final based on their paper roster.''

The same men proceeds to say:

''I was ''cheering'' for Montreal through all the series'' 

Lol.

And why would we hide under a rock even if we lose the Tampa? People had us losing in the very first damn round. We made it to the finals, that has not happened for 28 damn years. We are proud of our hockey club regardless of the outcome.

They defeated every odds in every single series and never gave up, it's just disrespectful that some people work so so so hard towards a goal/a dream and a random dude in the internet is mad and discrediting the efforts of those people in any type of way saying they don't deserve it somehow.

Actually, I'd LOVE to see how many people had the Habs beat Leafs/Vegas and go into the finals, especially from this guy since he was ''cheering'' for them. @Quik

Beside Habs fan themselves, I'm sure there is like 3 people combined

You act both proud and annoyed that the Habs are so underrated by everyone else. Pick one.

Gaikoku never discredited the Habs, he just said they were the worst team on paper in every series they played. And it's true, you can't just pretend that you expected the Habs to make it to the finals. If you sincerely tell me you predicted the Habs to win all three series and make it to the finals, then you're completely delusional. On paper, and from what we have seen all season, Montreal shouldn't even have made it past the first round. Hell, they probably shouldn't even have made the playoffs in the first place.

But they still made it to the top. Credit where it's due, they outplayed Toronto, Winnipeg and even Vegas. I didn't think they would myself and it feels weird to see them in the finals, not gonna lie, but they didn't fake their way to the top, they deserve their finals berth. But don't be too surprised if the odds favour the Lightning, once again.

4 hours ago, McWolf said:

You act both proud and annoyed that the Habs are so underrated by everyone else. Pick one.

Gaikoku never discredited the Habs, he just said they were the worst team on paper in every series they played. And it's true, you can't just pretend that you expected the Habs to make it to the finals. If you sincerely tell me you predicted the Habs to win all three series and make it to the finals, then you're completely delusional. On paper, and from what we have seen all season, Montreal shouldn't even have made it past the first round. Hell, they probably shouldn't even have made the playoffs in the first place.

But they still made it to the top. Credit where it's due, they outplayed Toronto, Winnipeg and even Vegas. I didn't think they would myself and it feels weird to see them in the finals, not gonna lie, but they didn't fake their way to the top, they deserve their finals berth. But don't be too surprised if the odds favour the Lightning, once again.

I'm not annoyed that the Habs are so underrated by everyone else. Like I said earlier, WE LOVE IT. People likes underrating us and we end up beating them and then they found so many excuses afterwards lmao.

In my brackets. Yes, I had the habs win in 7 vs the leafs, probably one of the few people in earth. I didn't expect to sweep the Jets. I had us in 5 in that series, but I had habs win against Vegas in 6 or 7. (Idk what I would have done against Colorado)

You can see the spreadsheet with your own eyes for confirmations.

So yes I did predicted the Habs to make the finals and I was delusional at the time, but it looks like I'm the not the one that is delusional now...

Again. What does people say about Hockey each and every single time. There is 3 seasons in hockey: The regular season, the playoff for the first 3 rounds and the Stanley cup finals.

Just because you are the worst team to make it into playoff doesn't mean you should get AUTOMATICALLY excepted to lose in the first round and if you were on the best team, that doesn't mean that team will be in the Finals automatically. This is playoff HOCKEY we talking about, this is a TEAM game and the Habs are the team that shown how a TEAM game is supposed to be played like.

Also, I don't care if we lose to Tampa. I heard that the team is like over 15 mil over the CAP lol. We are simply very happy to make the finals after 28 damn years. Some people who were 15 year olds at the time are now freaking 43 years old. I never seen Montreal buzzing and united in my life, this is something we might not see again for a long time.

But when someone ends up coming and say they have NO BUSINESS being here after everything they just did? Nahhh don't start saying bullshit like that and just give credit where it's due

Edited by Jtv123

I’m all for irrational fan arguments (they all are) but

16 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

But I don't see them beating Tampa or the Islanders in the finals simple due to the fact that I haven't seen a lot of the two other teams

This made me chuckle