Justin Lose Veteran Presence

youloser1337

Martin St. Louis named to Team Canada - NEWS 1130

Season 78 marks a new beginning for Justin Lose. Transitioning from the rookie of the team and then the struggling sophomore of the team and finally into the team veteran. Being a veteran of the VHL is not easy and this is a new challenge for Lose. After failing to make it to the playoffs in Season 77, Riga is looking to bounce back with the veterans leading the way. Lose is finally getting his chance to be the mentor of the team alongside some other teammates that were brought up with him. Although he isn't a captain or alternate captain, Lose feels like he has to be a leader if he wants to be a good veteran for the team. This doesn't just include the on ice presence either. On top of being a helpful veteran on the ice, he has to be a veteran mentor for the new players off the ice too. It's a role that Lose isn't used to.

Before Ray Sheilds retired he gave Lose some encouraging words and he passed the torch onto the new locker room veteran Justin Lose. Lose isn't the only one to carry this torch though. His teammates and friends that were drafted at the same time are all carrying the torch for the new look Riga squad. This is a new territory for Lose as he hasn't been on the same team for longer than 2 seasons. This includes his time in the juniors and the VHLM. Being a waiver pickup with the Philadelphia Reapers and then drafted to the Mexico City Kings the next season never gave Lose the chance to call somewhere a real home. These were just temporary homes en-route to the VHL. Although the teammates were very welcoming in both locker rooms, nothing compares to the hospitality of the VHL locker room.

Now Riga Reign is the home for Justin Lose. He has a tall order to be the mature player and to not have any mistakes going forward. The new draftees or new signings will look at Lose for guidance. This includes even welcoming and making the new players into the locker room.

"Riga holds a special place in my heart. Everyone was so nice when I got here after I was called up. Calvin Harvey was the first player to call me when I got drafted and then he was the first player to welcome me in the locker room. It's kind of weird going from the rookie of the team to the locker room veteran. I hope I can be as helpful as my teammates were when I joined the team. I don't want to let anyone down or exclude anyone. All the pressure is on me on and off the ice, I won't let the Riga franchise down."

Review: Really well written, the picture of St Louis adds to the overall article. I like the passing of the torch between Sheilds and Lose. Going over the duties plus the open dialogue adds to the realism. All in all, really well done. 9/10