Official VHLE Questions Thread

Beketov

• Commissioner
4 minutes ago, GrittyIsKing09 said:

if necessary, will expansions include more old teams, or new franchises cough*paris triomphe* cough

It hasn't been discussed yet but I would wager it will depend on how many of our old franchises get used.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2021 at 3:22 PM, Beketov said:

Again, the exact specifics of a VHLM player hitting 200 before their M draft is still being discussed.

Curious if there's been any movement on this one? Because if someone were to hypothetically recreate with expressed purpose of maximizing VHLE time, brute forcing their way into that first draft, then it would hypothetically make sense to recreate S79 trade deadline rather than S78 to play S80/81 in the E. Hypothetically.

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

Curious if there's been any movement on this one? Because if someone were to hypothetically recreate with expressed purpose of maximizing VHLE time, brute forcing their way into that first draft, then it would hypothetically make sense to recreate S79 trade deadline rather than S78 to play S80/81 in the E. Hypothetically.

I would be surprised if anyone creating at the deadline would have time to hit 200 before the draft. Max they’d start with would be 80 and they’d have at most 3-4 weeks to get 120 TPE. Chances are the players this is possible for would actually be people with a good amount of carryover that join after the VHLM draft as they’d have all season to earn. In that instance they’d likely just go to the E draft instead of the M draft.

Nothing has been confirmed but there’s where our thinking seems to be sitting at least. People capable of hitting 200 before the M draft likely don’t need the developmental league so they’d go to the E draft instead and then the VHL draft when they normally would. So instead of the VHL and E draft being together they’d be split and the M draft would be skipped.

• 1 month later...
  • Commissioner
45 minutes ago, scoop said:

Do the changes to career lengths and/or start of the career clock apply only to S80 players and beyond, or do older players get any of that as well?

Per the original announcement:

only players starting in the S80 draft will be given the 9 season career and new depreciation rules.

17 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Per the original announcement:

only players starting in the S80 draft will be given the 9 season career and new depreciation rules.

Thanks.  Sorry I was too lazy to read through it again, and I probably already knew that when I firmly decided I would be in the VHL this season.