S77 VHL Chess Tournament Playoff Recap PT.2

N0HBDY

Welcome back folks, my 4 weeks of claiming the previous recap of the VHL chess tournament is over, and you can finally find out who won this tournament if you have not already.

Where we left off on an absolutely outstanding cliff hanger, the matches were @Alex_J32versus @Matt_Oon "A" side. Then the other match was @TacticalHammer versus @hedgehog337for the "B" side championship. One thing I will add is that though one will be crowned champion of one side, why not have the two champions play just for fun, entertainment, or to see who the true grand champion of the tournament was?

Anyways onto the first match of Alex_J and Matt O. With this match happening about one month ago as this article is released the first game on 4/27/2021 would go to Alex_J making the series 1-0. Then a short two day break followed for both competitors to strategize and learn from their mistakes. Matt O using the time to do such as they come back game two to win and tie the series. So far in this series the side that the winner was on has been the same each time. The last match of the series was played the same day with Alex_J on the favorable side as mentioned before. This seemed to be the trick for the series and not that one opponent may have outplayed another as Alex_J defeats Matt O in the "A" side championship 2-1. A very thrilling series at that with a surprise twist as according to my sources Alex_J has pulled off the underdog story after finishing with only 1 point in the group stage then dominating in the bracket stage.

For the final match of the S77 VHL Chess Tournament ran by the ever so great and sometimes evil @Ricer13(ToS reference, he is not actually evil). The final Match between Tac ( @TacticalHammer ) and Hedge ( @hedgehog337). The first match of this series happening just under a month ago on 4/28/2021 the first match would fall in favor of the fan favorite and seeking a championship they fell short of last year, Hedge. Match #2 being played the same day, no need to strategize or prepare any further for either competitor. Tac risking the series already down 1-0 takes the favored side of the finals it seems in both matchups. The favored side seems to hold true as match #2 goes in favor of Tac. Both finals matchups having to go to the dramatic match 3, but what would this tournament be without some drama, a couple of people playing chess? The series is now tied and both competitors wait until the next day to finish of their last match of the tournament. So far in every matchup in the finals this tournament has seemed to favor one side. Hedge being on this side for the match the odds were in his favor as the favored side seems to be unstoppable and the fan favorite Hedge wins the "B" side championship.

This tournament is over, and has been for quite some time now, I just put off writing the article, it's a good thing I am not apart of VSN. Congratulations to our two champions @Alex_J32and @hedgehog337, to our runner-ups, better luck next season. For all those reading this please think about joining this amazing tournament. Hopefully next tournament Ricer may consider my idea of having the two champions face off for either fun or a grand championship. I had a great time participating even though I may or may not have finished last in my bracket. If you do not think that you will be good enough to compete with us, trust me, you have nothing to worry about, majority of us are as good as those beer league hockey players you see early in the morning at the rink or super late at night in their miss matching socks and varied jerseys barely being able to hop over the boards.

If you decide to accept my offer and join the next tournament, which hasn't started yet, but could be quite soon, it's really up to whenever @Ricer13feels like it. Here's the server link!

https://discord.gg/YDwBEm26 

695 words, 1 week claim