gritty has bad news

Yesterday night I learned that the school district would be taking our computers over the summer. i am not entirely sure why, because when i return to school there are all-remote and in person options. Therefore, i will not be able to do VHL at the same rate i am currently. I will login a few times on my dad's iPad, but that will just be to claim welfare. Unless i somehow convince my parents to get me a computer, i wont be able to do any actual work (i.e. graphics and writing). I won't really witness the development and growth of the VHLE, and maybe not even get to vote in all of the polls about naming. also, i'm really going to miss talking to all of you guys. yeah, i know i can still sign in, but i won't be very active.

What does this mean?
So, cohen campbell will be postponed till over the summer. I'm not yet sure if i will claim welfare and practice facility every week for newhook, or if @Spartan wants me to retire him. 

Spoiler

also i have to clear my computer's history. i was only like on youtube here and a couple games sites that would be considered off topic, but i was on them like all day

Edited by GrittyIsKing09

Just stop by a McDonalds or a free wifi spot each week if you are close to any. That's what I did when I moved to the country last year lmfao 

Sure you'll be back though and I'm looking forward to your full time return!

Edited by 16z

2 minutes ago, 16z said:

Just stop by a McDonalds or a free wifi spot each week if you ate close to any. that's what I did when I moved to the country last year lmfao 

Sure you'll he back though and I'm looking forward to your free time return!

i got wifi, thats no problem. I just have zero idea how to do graphics on mobile and typing seems like it would be awful. I guess it's not as dramatic as i made it out to be, i just won't be earning TPE

2 minutes ago, Advantage said:

If you want a laptop, I may be able to mail you a spare one.

getting a laptop in the mail addressed to me might be a tipoff to my parents that something fishy is going on. thanks though

3 minutes ago, Advantage said:

Have you thought of doing welfare, PF, Press Conferences all through mobile still?

Might even be able to knock off fan 590s on there.

PF?

but yes, i think i won't retire newhook and just claim welfare, and all that for him. next player will be start of next school year

4 minutes ago, GrittyIsKing09 said:

i got wifi, thats no problem. I just have zero idea how to do graphics on mobile and typing seems like it would be awful. I guess it's not as dramatic as i made it out to be, i just won't be earning TPE

Ah yeah that's true, guess that sucks but you could still be a pretty decent player with the right build earning welfare.. Specially with some Fantasy Zone wins

I won't be able to check out your graphics though :(

Edited by 16z

3 hours ago, GrittyIsKing09 said:

you can test around with SnapSeed. I've been using it and I was able to do some good gfx I think

4 minutes ago, der meister said:

Did you do something to make your parent/guardian angry? Why you gotta sneak chess? 

oh, no i didn't. they'll just ask me to play irl chess with my brother. and i can't have screen time whenever i want. but i'll be able to do it. i doubt i will be in this tournament that long anyways

8 minutes ago, GrittyIsKing09 said:

oh, no i didn't. they'll just ask me to play irl chess with my brother. and i can't have screen time whenever i want. but i'll be able to do it. i doubt i will be in this tournament that long anyways

Gotcha. 

As far as the school needing devices back, there's lots of reasons I could tell you, as someone who will be collecting devices next week lol

On 6/2/2021 at 12:55 PM, Advantage said:

If you want a laptop, I may be able to mail you a spare one.

On 6/2/2021 at 12:57 PM, GrittyIsKing09 said:

getting a laptop in the mail addressed to me might be a tipoff to my parents that something fishy is going on. thanks though

I don’t see why your parents would think getting a device mailed to you by a 30 year old man would be fishy! :P 

Also this is probably silly coming from someone who is irrationally private about my VHLing, but have you considered explaining to your parents that you are part of a fun, mostly healthy wholesome Internet community that would be sad to see your activity dwindle?

Sorry to hear this mate, I feel lucky my school isn't collecting my laptop. Obviously being a kid I can't send you anything, but I could maybe write articles for you if a. I have extra free time, and b. it is allowed by the commishes. Either way, best of luck with the situation and enjoy your summer.

I'm able to get 10 a week and it isn't too much work, I've even done it on mobile the odd time. I believe in you. VHL.com articles can be a bit tricky on mobile but I usually do reviews anyway

11 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

Also this is probably silly coming from someone who is irrationally private about my VHLing, but have you considered explaining to your parents that you are part of a fun, mostly healthy wholesome Internet community that would be sad to see your activity dwindle?

i'd do that if they found out without me telling them. im definitely not telling them though. don't want to gamble on this