N0HBDY going S0MEWHERE

N0HBDY

Hello everyone, recently there's been this thing called covid happening, don't know if you've heard about it. But it ruined a lot of peoples plans on what they would've rather done with their time over the past year ish. For me, well it happened to cancel my 3-month long foreign exchange trip to France. This was probably the only time that I could fit in being away from home for 3 months, not that I miss it lol. Well now that the covid thing is over, the borders are opening up, I've gotten fully vaccinated, and now have the time to finally go visit my friends across the pond (I love that saying). Though instead of the trip being 3 months as intended, and what the money paid for... I personally cannot stay there that length of time. HOWEVER, I will be able to go for ONE WHOLE MONTH. I am very excited, my french is absolutely atrocious, but I'll figure it out. Now for the "announcement" part of this. The terms I have with the exchange people will forbid me from having mostly any technology whilst over there. Therefore I am sad to say this but I will be IA for the better part of a month. Though I am still relatively fresh meat here, the VHL is something I love to be apart of, which is what pains me because I can't even claim practice facility to not become IA (crying emoji). Though I might try and do a little podcast about random stuff to try and get some tpe for when I get back or something, I'm not sure, but I'll figure it out. I leave July 9th, so I still have a little bit of time. Also I've been thinking about this the entire time as I write this but I'm pulling an AL, ya that's it lol, no offense to AL. If you know any cool spots near Nantes, France definitely let me know!

Also it's funny that when I applied for NYA AGM I told Esso that unlike all his other AGM's I wouldn't be leaving him for a while, but I will be back!

Spoiler

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, N0HBDY said:

I'm pulling an AL, ya that's it lol, no offense to AL

Oh I am pumped. I’ve heard from more than a few people inspired to take their double vaccines and make up for lost lockdown time. That’s so great you get to go back to the before times and pick up where you left off, even if it’s just a 1/3 of the experience. So friggin cool. 

As for your TPE, as long as your media spot is posted in the week, you can back claim it for the week. If you recorded 4 weeks worth of podcast claims today, you could disappear for a month and claim those weeks when you get back. I believe it has to be claimed in the same season, but that might be an exception you can work out with someone more important than me. 
edit: oh yeah if you get just one day all month online, try to make it when training camp is open because that is gone once it’s gone. 

2 hours ago, N0HBDY said:

If you know any cool spots near Nantes, France definitely let me know!

Budapest

Edited by bigAL

56 minutes ago, Eynhallow said:

Budapest is in Hungary....about 1 860 km from Nantes.

One European train ride away! I’m in Canada, where everything is hours and hours of driving away. Europe is basically all the same neighbourhood. 

Edited by bigAL

On 6/18/2021 at 10:21 AM, bigAL said:

One European train ride away! I’m in Canada, where everything is hours and hours of driving away. Europe is basically all the same neighbourhood. 

Well...sorta...it would take about 18 hours to drive from one place to the other.  Not really all that close.  

36 minutes ago, Eynhallow said:

Well...sorta...it would take about 18 hours to drive from one place to the other.  Not really all that close.  

I think he means appearance-wise. When I went to England everything looked like it was the same neighborhood, there is sometimes no space between cities. You could drive through 3 different places and not even realize you had been through one if not for street signs.