VSN S79 draft combine press release, VHLE stuff and S80 ideas

mattyIceman

Hello everyone I'm MattyIce, head of VSN scouting and in this article, we're gonna talk about quite a few things coming up.  You may have noticed that it's the end of the S79 draft class this past trade deadline.  The draft class is now closed so that means I'm going to do a little bit like last season when I did the VSN draft combine interviews.  I interviewed the members and I gave them a choice, between talking about their player or about themselves as a member of the community.  Last season was pretty cool since we had some returning members from long ago and I was pleasantly surprised with the results.  The the article came out looking pretty nice so I wanna keep that ball rolling.  I'm going to tag pretty much everyone in the 1st and 2nd rounds, maybe 3rd as well.  If you want to add yourself, be my guest, it will be pretty cool if you could the be available and really contribute to the article.  All I do generally is ask a set of questions based on whether you decided to be interviewed as a member or as a player, so it's a different set of questions, really.  Some people can do a hybrid-style, I mean that's what I did for Ahma last season.  I really don't mind doing either it's entirely up to you.  If you want the community to get to know your player or member, it's a great opportunity for you.

I also wanna talk about the VHLE.  There are 6 new teams going to be announced at some point and polls have gone up, so many ideas have been thrown around, and is very interesting what's being discussed. The idea of two teams in Germany and two teams and Sweden, those being Cologne, Berlin, Vasteras and Stockholm, leaves a lot to be desired in terms of variety.  Leaving Norway, Finland, Belarus, Ukraine, Poland out, I mean, the forerunners of the extra teams would be Paris and Berlin to my knowledge.  Personally I don't know if you're the type to wanna go with larger markets or smaller markets or a mix of both, but locations like Paris which would be cool, Rome another cool spot, Vienna, Budapest, even towns in Switzerland like Bern, Lausanne, Zurich, these are all great spots and if you're giving two to Sweden and two to Germany, it's just leaving a lot on the table in terms of variety.  Anyway, we don't have the final say, it's not even up to us, so I trust @Acydburn and @Victor  that they will do the right thing or the best thing to show off some variety and not really revive all of the teams from the past because they can or because they could.

It's up to them, so why am I even talking about the VHLE?

Because the draft is right around the corner in a couple of months, the S80 season, the drafts and all that stuff.  What's the draft gonna look like?  I don't think it's gonna be up on the portal, I think it's gonna be on the forum, and should operate a little bit like the S73 draft with eligible players going being made available to the GMs.  Who knows who they will be, it's still too soon to tell.  Applications haven't even been sent out by the reds, but I imagine that the some veteran VHLM GMs will be looking to make the step forward to the VHLE, the first GMs of the mid-tier league.  It'll be interesting who goes where and if there will be full rosters everywhere in the VHLE and the VHLM, which brings it back around to us VSN scouts.  Should we cover this draft or should we leave it up to the community with and their ideas and media spots.  We don't cover the VHLM draft because of the inaccuracies and quirks from season to season, it's simply too unpredictable.  So let us know what you might want to see in terms of coverage. 

cc: @RedSus @Spartan

Draft-eligibles: @Zetterberg @Beketov @scoop (@JardyB10twat-waffle) @ROOKIE745 @MexicanCow123 @jRuutu @ajwllmsn @SlapshotDragon @Baby Boomer @PadStack @osens @Wolverine @Donno100 @oilmandan @Birdman @benaky @Big Bob @Agito @PistolP @Xalen11 @Spade18 @Lilith_Lunar @GoldGear88 @DeeGoat @TheNeonShaman @xsjack @Thunfish @Da Trifecta @Big Newff @LeBron Jamezz @Silver Warrior ,and whoever else in the S79 draft class, you're welcome to be interviewed!  Just comment below with your preferred method of being interviewed: on discord or by dm on the forum.

Thanks everyone!

Edited by MattyIce
Wrote Stockholm twice

43 minutes ago, MattyIce said:

The idea of two teams in Germany and two teams and Sweden, those being Cologne, Stockholm, Vasteras and Stockholm, leaves a lot to be desired in terms of variety. 

(@JardyB10twat-waffle)

This is why I need to bully you more in my podcast.

Anyway, I'd love to be interviewed! A member perspective would probably be more interesting, though you can hybrid the questions if you want. On the forum would be better I guess, though a DM is a DM.

• Commissioner

If you want to chat with this old dog then either method is honestly fine. Discord I guess might be a bit easier so you aren’t buried under the new member PM’s.

11 hours ago, MattyIce said:

Hello everyone I'm MattyIce, head of VSN scouting and in this article, we're gonna talk about quite a few things coming up.  You may have noticed that it's the end of the S79 draft class this past trade deadline.  The draft class is now closed so that means I'm going to do a little bit like last season when I did the VSN draft combine interviews.  I interviewed the members and I gave them a choice, between talking about their player or about themselves as a member of the community.  Last season was pretty cool since we had some returning members from long ago and I was pleasantly surprised with the results.  The the article came out looking pretty nice so I wanna keep that ball rolling.  I'm going to tag pretty much everyone in the 1st and 2nd rounds, maybe 3rd as well.  If you want to add yourself, be my guest, it will be pretty cool if you could the be available and really contribute to the article.  All I do generally is ask a set of questions based on whether you decided to be interviewed as a member or as a player, so it's a different set of questions, really.  Some people can do a hybrid-style, I mean that's what I did for Ahma last season.  I really don't mind doing either it's entirely up to you.  If you want the community to get to know your player or member, it's a great opportunity for you.

I also wanna talk about the VHLE.  There are 6 new teams going to be announced at some point and polls have gone up, so many ideas have been thrown around, and is very interesting what's being discussed. The idea of two teams in Germany and two teams and Sweden, those being Cologne, Berlin, Vasteras and Stockholm, leaves a lot to be desired in terms of variety.  Leaving Norway, Finland, Belarus, Ukraine, Poland out, I mean, the forerunners of the extra teams would be Paris and Berlin to my knowledge.  Personally I don't know if you're the type to wanna go with larger markets or smaller markets or a mix of both, but locations like Paris which would be cool, Rome another cool spot, Vienna, Budapest, even towns in Switzerland like Bern, Lausanne, Zurich, these are all great spots and if you're giving two to Sweden and two to Germany, it's just leaving a lot on the table in terms of variety.  Anyway, we don't have the final say, it's not even up to us, so I trust @Acydburn and @Victor  that they will do the right thing or the best thing to show off some variety and not really revive all of the teams from the past because they can or because they could.

It's up to them, so why am I even talking about the VHLE?

Because the draft is right around the corner in a couple of months, the S80 season, the drafts and all that stuff.  What's the draft gonna look like?  I don't think it's gonna be up on the portal, I think it's gonna be on the forum, and should operate a little bit like the S73 draft with eligible players going being made available to the GMs.  Who knows who they will be, it's still too soon to tell.  Applications haven't even been sent out by the reds, but I imagine that the some veteran VHLM GMs will be looking to make the step forward to the VHLE, the first GMs of the mid-tier league.  It'll be interesting who goes where and if there will be full rosters everywhere in the VHLE and the VHLM, which brings it back around to us VSN scouts.  Should we cover this draft or should we leave it up to the community with and their ideas and media spots.  We don't cover the VHLM draft because of the inaccuracies and quirks from season to season, it's simply too unpredictable.  So let us know what you might want to see in terms of coverage. 

cc: @RedSus @Spartan

Draft-eligibles: @Zetterberg @Beketov @scoop (@JardyB10twat-waffle) @ROOKIE745 @MexicanCow123 @jRuutu @ajwllmsn @SlapshotDragon @Baby Boomer @PadStack @osens @Wolverine @Donno100 @oilmandan @Birdman @benaky @Big Bob @Agito @PistolP @Xalen11 @Spade18 @Lilith_Lunar @GoldGear88 @DeeGoat @TheNeonShaman @xsjack @Thunfish @Da Trifecta @Big Newff @LeBron Jamezz @Silver Warrior ,and whoever else in the S79 draft class, you're welcome to be interviewed!  Just comment below with your preferred method of being interviewed: on discord or by dm on the forum.

Thanks everyone!

i would like to be interviewed in the forum

• 2 years later...