Sign in to follow this  
street

Continental Cups, by player and member

Victor, on 21 Apr 2015 - 2:12 PM, said:

Damn, looks like either Fong will move into a tie for first or sterling will go two ahead of second place next season.

I might have to cheer for Quebec....

Y u no cheer Asian?

have this updated on my own file, I'll upload some time later idk I'm too lazy right now

Victor is now in front with 11 cups. Beketov and Phil are up to six putting them into a tie for 10th most.

Four active players have won three Cups: Christoph Klose, Thomas O'Malley, Wolfgang Strauss, and Pablo Escabar. Only three players have ever won four: Leeroy Jenkins, Scotty Campbell and Doug Schneider.

Some other bits of historical information:

Aside from Season 1, there have been just two instances where every player on the championship roster is winning their first Continental Cup: S18 and S20. In S45, Brady Stropko was the only Titan to have previously won a Cup.

There has never been a championship team that consists entirely of players who have previously won a Continental Cup. In S46, Giovanni Reuel was the only Titan to have not won a previous Cup.

With the exception of S40, every Championship team has had at least one VHL member winning their first Continental Cup. In S46, Glaciem was the only member of the Titans winning a Cup for the first time.

Victor's longest cup drought is eight seasons (S22-S29). Other than that, he has never gone more than three seasons without winning a cup. Except maybe at the beginning of his VHL career; I'm not sure exactly which season he started (I think S10 was his original draft year, made the VHL in S11.. maybe). He won his first cup in S14 though.

@Victor

Edited by Streetlight

1 hour ago, Streetlight said:

Beketov joins slobo, tfong, Victor and Sandro as members who have won Cups with five different players.

@Beketov

Sharpe, Beketov, Young, White, Miller? Pretty sure Chekhov and Kristensen were the only ones not to.

3 hours ago, Streetlight said:

Victor's longest cup drought is eight seasons (S22-S29). Other than that, he has never gone more than three seasons without winning a cup. Except maybe at the beginning of his VHL career; I'm not sure exactly which season he started (I think S10 was his original draft year, made the VHL in S11.. maybe). He won his first cup in S14 though.

@Victor

oh stop it you

Updated! Since the last update was done (S43), some things have happened:

- 14 members won their first Continental Cup (of those, four won two in that time span, thanks to Helsinki)

- Ball won his first Cup since S12; Streetlight won his first Cup since S20; Beketov won his first Cup since S29

- Some guy named Thomas O'Malley became the fourth player to win four Cups

- sterling didn't win a Cup, extending his drought to six seasons, the second longest he has had (9 seasons is his longest)

- Victor didn't slow down for sterling, however, and won two cups, giving him a total of 11, taking the crown from sterling

- tfong also won a cup and is now tied with sterling at 10

Also, with Victor taking over the "most Cups" bragging rights away from sterling, I thought I'd do a little research into the history of who has had the most. First, a narrative:

Smarch was the only member to win in both the first seasons, and he also won in the third. This allowed him to take establish an early Cup count lead. Scotty matched this in S5 and took the lead in S6 with his fourth Cup. In S8, Smarch won his fourth to draw even again. DaBearsfan also won his fourth in S8, making it a three-way lead for a few seasons. In S11, Scotty broke the tie and later extended his lead in S13, giving him six (Smarch and DaBearsfan were actually bumped down to 3rd as well, with KING JANSSEN winning Cups four and five as Scotty's teammate in those seasons). With Cups in S14 and S17, Smarch evened things up with Scotty once again. Meanwhile, sterling had remained one behind Smarch all this time (they were teammates for all of Smarch's wins except S1), so when sterling won in S21 without the help of Smarch, he joined the lead for the first time. In S26, sterling and Scotty helped break the Vasteras curse, and won their seventh Cups in doing so. This would be Scotty's last Cup, so when sterling won in S29, he took a lead that would last for a while. At this time, Victor had half as many Cups as sterling, but sterling then went on his drought. Victor won four cups (S30, S32, S36, S38) during that slump, matching sterling's total at eight each. sterling promptly came right back and won in S39 to regain sole possession, which he would hold onto until S45. In S46, Helsinki completed its back-to-back, allowing Victor to finally overcome sterling.

S2-S4: Smarch

S5: Smarch / Scotty

S6-S7: Scotty

S8-S10: Scotty / Smarch / DaBearsfan

S11-S16: Scotty

S17-S20: Scotty / Smarch

S21-S25: Scotty / Smarch / sterling

S26-S28: Scotty / sterling

S29-S37: sterling

S38: sterling / Victor

S39-S44: sterling

S45: sterling / Victor

S46-present: Victor

I'll tell you why Stockholm had no shot in the finals... Smarch can't win without sterling!

6 minutes ago, Streetlight said:

Also, with Victor taking over the "most Cups" bragging rights away from sterling, I thought I'd do a little research into the history of who has had the most. First, a narrative:

Smarch was the only member to win in both the first seasons, and he also won in the third. This allowed him to take establish an early Cup count lead. Scotty matched this in S5 and took the lead in S6 with his fourth Cup. In S8, Smarch won his fourth to draw even again. DaBearsfan also won his fourth in S8, making it a three-way lead for a few seasons. In S11, Scotty broke the tie and later extended his lead in S13, giving him six (Smarch and DaBearsfan were actually bumped down to 3rd as well, with KING JANSSEN winning Cups four and five as Scotty's teammate in those seasons). With Cups in S14 and S17, Smarch evened things up with Scotty once again. Meanwhile, sterling had remained one behind Smarch all this time (they were teammates for all of Smarch's wins except S1), so when sterling won in S21 without the help of Smarch, he joined the lead for the first time. In S26, sterling and Scotty helped break the Vasteras curse, and won their seventh Cups in doing so. This would be Scotty's last Cup, so when sterling won in S29, he took a lead that would last for a while. At this time, Victor had half as many Cups as sterling, but sterling then went on his drought. Victor won four cups (S30, S32, S36, S38) during that slump, matching sterling's total at eight each. sterling promptly came right back and won in S39 to regain sole possession, which he would hold onto until S45. In S46, Helsinki completed its back-to-back, allowing Victor to finally overcome sterling.

S2-S4: Smarch

S5: Smarch / Scotty

S6-S7: Scotty

S8-S10: Scotty / Smarch / DaBearsfan

S11-S16: Scotty

S17-S20: Scotty / Smarch

S21-S25: Scotty / Smarch / sterling

S26-S28: Scotty / sterling

S29-S37: sterling

S38: sterling / Victor

S39-S44: sterling

S45: sterling / Victor

S46-present: Victor

I'll tell you why Stockholm had no shot in the finals... Smarch can't win without sterling!

Ohoho more advancedstats for Fong plz :D 

3 minutes ago, tfong said:

Ohoho more advancedstats for Fong plz :D 

You didn't win a Cup with anyone else in the top four (Victor, sterling, you, and Smarch) until S39, your 8th victory.

While sterling and Smarch have had a lot of Cups overlap with the rest of the top four, Victor and tfong have not.

Victor: 8/11 Cups won alone

tfong: 8/10 Cups won alone

sterling: 2/10 Cups won alone

Smarch: 1/8 Cups won alone