VHLE Franchises Announcement

Victor

• Admin

Good day fellow VHLers, future VHLErs, residents of the #hype channel, and everyone else. First of all, thank you to everyone who has voted in the 3 VHLE team polls over the past month or so, everyone who has contributed to the discussions and suggestions around team logos and concepts, and just generally those who have helped make the slow unveiling of the VHLE a very exciting event to be part of.

A special thank you as well to those who helped out with logo making, especially of course @KaleebtheMighty and @Zetterberg - we may be needing your services again in the near future!

We had 199 members vote in the final poll, hopefully all for 3 or fewer teams, and we got some interesting results, some expected, some less so. I can reveal that for the most part, we will be able to satisfy the majority of the population.

@Acydburn and I sat down, considered previous BOG discussions and the results of the vote, and have decided to start the VHLE in S80 with the following 6 franchises. Note that I am not including the logos here as these will be finalised at a later date. I expect most will look like the versions in the final poll linked above, but with some final tweaks and maybe even a different direction will be taken for one or two. It should also be said that these are just the original 6 franchises - there is a very real possibility that the VHLE will one day grow from its starting points and if your favourite team missed out, it might still make an appearance in the future.

Without further ado then, the 6 founding VHLE franchises will be:

The Berlin Steel

The Bratislava Watchmen

The Cologne Express

The Paris Revolution

The Stockholm Vikings

and of course the Vasteras Iron Eagles

Final logos will most likely be revealed along with the GM appointments. As for that exciting next stage of the process, look out for the VHLE GM application thread opening up very soon.

:cheers:

Bern got FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY imo but I guess I've made my opinions known in articles so I won't type out an essay here.

Excited to see what happens here!

Somehow the battle of Germany and Sweden lives in the E. Makes sense for Rome to get the cut in favor or Brat from a votes perspective. 

It's kinda wild the bigs only has 3 Canadian teams looking just broadly at our overall team representation now across three leagues.

• Victor unfeatured this topic
  • 3 months later...