Questions you should answer.

1. Which season was your first in the VHL?

2. Which season was your best? Why?

3. Which season did you win the most trophies (team or individual)? What are the name of the trophies?

4. How many season your first player took to go in the VHL? What did you do to accomplished that?

5. What is your favorite name you saw in the VHL as of right now?

6. Would you like to have a managment role (VHL commissioner, VHLM commissioner, GM, AGM, etc.)? If yes, which one?

1. S64 with the Las Vegas Aces!!

2. Definitely the season where Vikingstad had 50+ goals and 110+ points 

3. Starload’s final season he won the Valiq and Beketov

4. I took an extra season in the M, so 2 for Starload

5. New Member Guide

6. If only if only :sadge:

On 7/7/2021 at 6:26 PM, Baby Boomer said:

3. Which season did you win the most trophies (team or individual)? What are the name of the trophies?

4. How many season your first player took to go in the VHL? What did you do to accomplished that?

6. Would you like to have a managment role (VHL commissioner, VHLM commissioner, GM, AGM, etc.)? If yes, which one?

1. Whichever won I won a ship in with the Riga Reign
2. Same season!
3. I can't remember but I think I won some on Pengu
4. I got drafted pretty early but maybe 3? We won a ship and stayed strong
5. Probably @Dil
6. Hell naw. Too much work for too little pay :P

Before London, Prague, Warsaw and Chicago existed.. Season 68!

Definitely my last season on Busser and my last season with this guy.. Hopefully I can beat my old totals next season but I'm going to have to give it my all and craft my chances into opportunities 

3. Which season did you win the most trophies (team or individual)? What are the name of the trophies?

Haven't won any trophies other than the Continental Cup when I played for Riga the first time around

Same amount both times, 3 seasons.. Would have stayed another in Las Vegas but I was way past the cap, now I wish I did on my other character

5. What is your favorite name you saw in the VHL as of right now?

I like too many names.. Players on my team are Rara Rasputin because it sounds cool and Leo Strauss does as well, favorite has to be LOL, Lucifer Oliver Leveque

I wanna help out a team with hype and activity so wish I could get a chance to prove that as a AGM or GM

Edited by 16z

Uh... I haven't played in the majors yet. My first season in the minors was this one.

I only played this past one so... this past one, I guess.

Won nothing so far, but that's because I'm starting out somewhat.

I haven't played in the majors yet.

Mine, I guess.

Nah, I'm cool.

On 7/7/2021 at 2:26 PM, Baby Boomer said:

1. I think back in S68, I created a player and didn't update him whatsoever.

2. Probably the one in the mid-S70s when I won a VHLM title with Saskatoon.

3. See above, Founders Cup Champions with the Wild while my player was Cassius Gardner.

4. N/A, my first player didn't amount to anything.

5. The meme names are strong in the VHL. I love muffbeav a lot.

6. I did, but I don't think I'd be able to hold any job. Currently content as a member.

On 7/7/2021 at 3:56 PM, Baby Boomer said:

S1 baby, Drated in the 3rd round by Vasteras IK

Also S1, my player was a top playmaker and we won the first championship. 

I don't think my player won any individual rookies. My first two players each one a Championship with my second player being the first member of the Triple Gold Club (McLovin)

There was no VHLM at the time, it was the inaugural season so everyone drafted played. 

Jesus Christ. 

I would like to be an AGM, I don't think I have the time for full GM responsibilities. 

1. I have not played in the VHL yet, but my first season in the league was in the VHLM. My first season was the S78 with the Mississauga Hounds.

2. I only played one, so it is the S78.

3. I never won any trophies.

4. I never played in the VHL, but i think that my player will take 2 season to go in the VHL, so not next season, but the other one.

5. I think that Beketov's player's name is very funny, Papa Emeritus.

6. I am very new to the league, so i don't think that i am ready right now, but maybe later i will have one. If i have one it will be a GM job.

On 7/7/2021 at 9:26 PM, Baby Boomer said:

1. I think it was back in 75 or something like that

2. Lilja with the Bulls, I think it was 76. I didnt get anything done in Saskatoon

3. I didnt win any

4. First player? My first one didnt reach VHL as I retired him because I didnt have time for VHL

5. Red Lite caught my eye one day. Gotta go with that

6. I think Assistant GM would fit my style the best. I dont like working alone, I like to have an extra perspective

On 7/8/2021 at 3:56 AM, Baby Boomer said:

1. I believe I signed up in S70 but was drafted in S72

2. My favourite seasons were the ones where we made deep playoff runs. Unfortunately made it to the finals a couple times but never got that cup win

3. Only won a couple victory cups and defensive defensemen trophy, Jake Wylde.

4. I was in the VHL straight out of the draft by creating at the deadline and max earning 

5. Some interesting names for sure, Hard Markinson is pretty cool.

6. Have been AGM but probably not in my future for any more responsibility than that

- I believe it was season 55. Don't remember which team I played for.

- I guess the same season 55 as I did not play next season.

- Yet to win any trophy or even properly attempt to win any.

- Like I mentioned, I retired the same season I joined, so I did not make to the big leagues.

- Let's go with Anze Miklavz as that is the first name I just saw by scrolling up this thread haha.

- Probably not, at least not at this moment. Any of these roles seem to require to do a lot of work and Im here to just enjoy myself.

On 7/7/2021 at 12:26 PM, Baby Boomer said:

1. Well, my first player, Ryuu Crimson, was drafted in S62 but he ended up staying in the VHLM for development. He first played in the VHL in Season 63 and went on to win the playoff MVP as a rookie. He is the first and the only VHL player to do such.

2. S63 for sure. While I have had better seasons statistically as both Ryuu Crimson and Jacques Lafontaine, it's the only championship team I've been a part of. Plus, I was a fairly big part of that championship winning team in Riga, so I definitely treasure that season.

3. I'm pretty sure in the VHLM, Jacques Lafontaine had a crap ton of trophies in S69 as part of the legendary Saskatoon Wild that set records. Best goaltender, best regular season team, playoff MVP, championship, and maybe a couple more, who knows?

4. As a late joiner to the previous season, I ended up playing in the VHLM during my draft season. After that though, I went on to the VHL after observing other player's builds and adjusting my own to what I thought may help out in my first VHL season.

5. One of my favourite names in the VHL probably has to be John Baard. I don't know why, I just really like that name. Maybe because Baard makes me think of the word Beard.

6. No, I'd probably not have enough time. Besides, I wouldn't be able to handle the pressure.

Season 33, which seems forever ago now. Maybe because it really is, and I'm actually that old. I remember watching that draft super closely though, and the Bears sniping me right before I was promised to Toronto.

Season 50 - when Toronto finished off the three-peat and I won MVP/Most Outstanding/Best Goalie with Hans Wingate. Doesn't get much better than all that.

That same Season 50 gave me the Scotty Campbell for MVP, Brett Slobodzian for Most Outstanding, and Aidan Shaw for Best Goalie, along with the Continental Cup of course. I've also got a Campbell/Daisuke Kanou double for MVP/Playoff MVP twice with McAllister.

I've always earned more TPE than is actually healthy for me, so I've gone up to the VHL my rookie season every time. It'll actually be a bit interesting not doing that with Booberry and going to the VHLE instead.

I tend towards more realistic names but ones with a bit of pizzazz. Duncan Idaho is a pretty solid one for that.

6. Would you like to have a management role (VHL commissioner, VHLM commissioner, GM, AGM, etc.)? If yes, which one?

Not really. If I really wanted I bet I could grab one just because of my longevity, but I'm happy being a player. All of the fun with much less of the stress.

1. Season 75

2. Season 75, put up the most points in any season of my career.

3. I never won a single trophy

4. Two seasons in the VHLM before I made the big leagues

5. My new players name; The Red Menace

6. Absolutely not, I'll GM a Junior team but other management roles are just too difficult.

• 2 months later...

Season 72, back in May of 2020. I joined the VHL with a few friends, and was drafted by the newly-expanded Miami Marauders.

With D. Lamb, it was probably season 78 or 79. In 78 I had an amazing playoffs, 2 points per game, and in 79 I had the best regular season of my career with 108 points.

I only won at most 1 per season, Christian Stolzschweiger Trophy in S74, a Victory Cup in S77, and a Continental Cup in S78.

It took an extra season for me to head up to the VHL, but that was because I liked the locker room, management, and players in Miami at the time.

Let's go with my boy ferk and Biggie Cheese.

I quite like being a GM. It's fun, but challenging at times. I probably would not want to ever be a league commissioner, just not my thing.

Season 19. My first player was claimed off waivers by Vasteras IK J-20. This was back when VHL and VHLM teams were affiliated so it was confusing at the start. I didn't end up being truly active for a while though, it took a couple seasons to figure everything out and enjoy the league.

I've enjoyed a lot of seasons, honestly, so it's hard to pick one. There were two seasons in a row (S54 and S55) where I had a player on both teams in the cup finals which was really cool. Winning Chicago's first cup in Season 76 was great, and I really enjoyed winning my first cup in this league with Calgary in S30 too. Plus there's my answer for #3, haha.

3. Which season did you win the most trophies (team or individual)? What are the name of the trophies?

Season 56, I believe. This was in the day of Project Player 2, and I was one of the people who had two players at the time. My first player, Theo Axelsson, was co-winner of the Boulet. My second player, Lukas Müller, led the league in points and assists (so the Szatkowski and the Beketov), won the Slobodzian, and won the Continental Cup with Quebec.  So that's four individual awards split over two players, plus two team awards (Marlow-Marta for NA Conference, Continental Cup).

4. How many season your first player took to go in the VHL? What did you do to accomplished that?

My first player was a Season 20 draftee and was picked in the second round by Riga, and stayed in the VHLM for three seasons because I was only semi-active and didn't end up really updating until my last season in the M (funnily enough, I ended up being VHLM MVP that season). I honestly never did much in the VHL after that. I tested free agency one time with that player but didn't get any other offers so I just re-signed. Only finished with like 374 TPE.

5. What is your favorite name you saw in the VHL as of right now?

Gotta be Estonian legend Tall Virgin. I tried to convince Jeff to draft him with Chicago but he didn't do it. At least he drafted this guy.

Nah. At this point I've been in the league so long that if I wanted one of those positions I would've gone for it. Commissioner is just too time consuming, and the responsibility of GM to me outweighs the potential enjoyment. The only time I've ever considered being a GM in sim leagues is if I could create my own team, and to be honest that was only because I just like the idea of creating a team more than I like actually GMing. I have been a GM in other shortly-lived sim leagues but it didn't exactly go well. I did have the opportunity to take over Vasteras back in the day when they were a VHL team but I don't think I would've been too good at it. I do wish I could've kept that team alive longer though.

1 - which season was your first in the VHL?

Think s74 was my first players VHL season, took awhile to get there but when i did the locker room environment was fun

2 - Which season was your best?

Highest point total in the VHL was season 76 with 63 points and the VHLM was my final season with 140 points

3 - Which season did you win the most trophies, what are the names?

All four of my awards came in the VHLM in the final season where I got the Vladimir Boomchenko award, Ethan Osborne trophy, Mitch Higgins trophy, Ryan Sullivan trophy.

4 - How many season your first player took to go in the VHL? What did you do to accomplished that?

As stated above, took me 3 season and the awards are there. First two season were on a bad houston team while the last we had a good chance at the cup

5. What is your favorite name you saw in the VHL as of right now?

I like Biggie Cheese lol.

Not really no, with my first player the drive to update ran out after a couple seasons into the VHL, maybe having a job in the VHL would make a difference but don't think id put the time into it and do a good job 

• 3 weeks later...

Isau played 57 games with the Mexico City Kings in Season 74.

Likely Season 80 (last season), where Isau managed his best point production, despite the onset of depreciation.

Isau was part of the Founders Cup winning team in Philadelphia in Season 75.  After that, the shelf has been bare!!

Isau spent part of Season 74 with Mexico City and Season 75 with Philadelphia.  From there he moved to Riga.  Consistent earning, I guess, got him there.

I like the name BladeMaiden.  Sort of valkyrie-like.

No to management roles.  I have enough difficulty keeping myself organized.

1. Which season was your first in the VHL? - The Board Game Clue On Skates does not respond to the question as it is a Board Game, but this will be it's first season in the league. 

2. Which season was your best? Why? - The Board Game Clue On Skates has no answer for the question, some speculate it's because it's a Board Game, but it's more likely that it's because it cannot answer the question at this time

3. Which season did you win the most trophies (team or individual)? What are the name of the trophies? - The Board Game Clue On Skates doesn't like to brag about it's achievements, but it has won countless trophies off the ice including being regarded as a "Classic Detective Game".

4. How many season your first player took to go in the VHL? What did you do to accomplished that? - It is apparent that The Board Game Clue on Skates has no intention of answering your question, potentially because it does not want to give away it's secret training regime.

5. What is your favorite name you saw in the VHL as of right now? - The Board Game Clue on Skates takes a long pause, maybe running through all the names to see if it can think of the best name in the VHL, but the Press Conference host asks for another question before The Board Game Clue On Skates can give an answer.

6. Would you like to have a managment role (VHL commissioner, VHLM commissioner, GM, AGM, etc.)? If yes, which one? - The Board Game Clue On Skates sits motionless at the Press Conference Table, seeming to indicate it is perfectly content in it's current role.

1. I only play in the vhlm for now but i wish i can do that as soon as possible

2. Last year because it was my first season ever in the vhlm

3. I didnt win any trophies yet but im going to work as hard that i can to win a maximum of trophies individual and as a team

4.Like i said earlier i didnt play in the vhl yet

5. Baby Bob is a funny name

6.Maybe in the futur i would like to be a gm but right now i just want to be sure that i really understand evrything and how the league works 

1. Are there any players either in the NHL or VHL you are basing your player off of?
2. What is your goal for your player?
3. Would you rather win a team trophy or a player trophy?
4. If you had to change positions what position would you become?
5. What has been your favorite part of being in the VHL?
6. If you could remove TPE from any trait what trait would that be?

1. The season that just concluded. 

2. Same. My team won the Founder's Cup

3. Same.

4. This is my first player. Hopefully, he will go the distance.

5. z16. My manager and friend.

6. Eventually I would like a management role. To learn the ropes as a AGM then grow into a GM.

1. This upcoming season will be my first.

2. This upcoming season will also be my best. 

3. I have not won anything yet but maybe this season. 

4. I made a player like 6 years ago but retired before playing. 

5. Helsinki Titans have a cool name and logo. 

6. Definitely not, going to just stick to a player. 

On 11/12/2021 at 3:26 PM, FireballSalad said:

1. Are there any players either in the NHL or VHL you are basing your player off of?
2. What is your goal for your player?
3. Would you rather win a team trophy or a player trophy?

1. Nah im kinda just winging it. 

2. Just to lvl him up as high as I can and have fun in the process. Sniper build. 

3. Team trophy

1. My first season was S64. The first season of the mighty Moscow Menace!

2. My best season was easily S70. Hit personal highs in stat categories and won the coveted Continental Cup!

3. Also S70. Won the victory cup and the continental Cup.

4. Just like with all my players, usually takes 2 seasons for me to get to the big show.

5. There's always really good names to be seen here. A couple of my personal favourites would have to be Michael Gary Scott and Hulk Hogan. Nothing crazy just loved seeing those names.

6. I would love to say yes to this question because it's something I would hopefully get the chance to do one day. But, I just do not have the time at this point in my life.