Matty Fire Prospect Scouting Report

Since joining the Ottawa Lynx, Matty Fire continued where he left off from playing in a semi-pro league in Montreal.  Showing he has good fundamentals, he did pretty well in the production category, getting 8 goals and 16 points in the 18 games he managed to get in before the Lynx were eliminated from playoff contention.  He did benefit from playing with 5th overall pick AJ Williams, but now that he's been drafted by the Miami Marauders at 13th overall in the VHLM draft, he can continue to develop into the player he had no idea he could become.

M1WT6NH.png

Still under MattyIce's tutelage, he's still learning what to improve.  Off-the-ice, he's still sharpening his own skates and tending to his own hockey gear, looking to give himself an edge anyway he can.  He's already a big man with some strength, so his improvement will be all-around.  Matty Ice chose to train him as a centerman due to his large frame, and it has paid dividends so far.  He's pretty great at both ends of the ice and can play with the puck quite well too.

MattyIce has still been wondering what's so special about Fire, then one day it hit him.  While he's the cool, calm and collected individual like his former (now retired) client James Rose was in his younger years, Matty Fire brings energy, enthusiasm and intensity to his game, which is what he determined to be the key to his rapid growth.  They are each other's yin and yang and they don't step over each other's toes.  Ice and Fire complete each other, he gives MattyIce excitement and Fire gets the calculated teachings from Ice.

'It's been a pleasure representing Matty Fire' said MattyIce in a recent scouting meeting.  'He has the qualities to become great, and I don't doubt he slows down at all during his career.  He's been a character guy, it's showed when he got some tips from my old client James Rose.  He had a pretty good VHL career and he's seen some superstar players, so that shared knowledge between the two will be beneficial to Fire.'

'All I've done since the old days working at the rink was follow MattyIce' said Fire, at the Miami training rink.  'He boosts me and calms me when I'm go too far either way, and he knows how to keep me motivated towards the goal.  I want to be at the top of this upcoming draft, I also want to be a star in the league and not even stop there.'