Yukon GM Change

diamond_ace

Yukon GM @Juice brought it to @VHLM Commissioner  attention that things were beginning to get busier in his life, and between various real life responsibilities, it was better to have someone new who could give the team 100% attention rather than him trying to linger on with the team and perhaps having divided attention as a result. In the same conversation, it was brought to our attention that the same is true of @fromtheinside, and so the whole Yukon staff would be vacating. 

As a result, we've chosen from one of our final selections from the Ottawa job (which was coincidentally less than a week ago so all this is still fresh) and the Yukon GM job will be going to a guy that is currently an AGM for a team in the bigs (shockingly not @Esso2264). This is a guy who's been a quick climber over his time here, and has been in the last few picks for about 2-3 prior VHLM GM spots.

Spoiler

Birb's guy is safe - instead, we're poaching from me. Congratulations @Domg5

Thank you for this opportunity, I wish I could write a really nice long text but the truth is that I am out of words. @Juice did a really good job in Yukon, bringing the cup at home, hopefully we can see him again in a management job someday. As of @fromtheinside, its a bummer to hear that he is also stepping down, we've known each others from our very first day in the VHL as sasky boys, its an other one I'd like to see in a management role someday!

ps: I'm done with my bad yukon puns

Congratulations @Domg5, I'm excited to see what you do with the Rush!

@Juice and @fromtheinside, I know I have said this before, and I'll probably say it again at some point. Thank you for everything you did for Yukon and for myself! Because of you I was able to get off to a great start in the VHL, and wouldn't be in the position I am now without you both. Best of luck in all your future endeavours!

Super sad to see @Juice and @fromtheinside go, as they both did a great job with Yukon. But on the other hand, super hyped to see mah boi @Domg5 get his chance to shine!!

Bittersweet day for sure. 

@Juice, @fromtheinside you guys take care. Thanks a lot for admitting that you need to step back. It's tough to lead a fun role like this one, but it's always better to step down while you're on top rather than waiting for someone to forcefully remove you. Mad resepcts.

Juice! You better take good care and test much.  It was one hell of a ride watching you vs Thad the last 2 seasons.  You did an awesome job and you could not have done it better!

14 hours ago, Domg5 said:

Thank you for this opportunity, I wish I could write a really nice long text but the truth is that I am out of words. @Juice did a really good job in Yukon, bringing the cup at home, hopefully we can see him again in a management job someday. As of @fromtheinside, its a bummer to hear that he is also stepping down, we've known each others from our very first day in the VHL as sasky boys, its an other one I'd like to see in a management role someday!

ps: I'm done with my bad yukon puns

congrats my guy