VHL Magazine Power Poll - Cutting back in VHLM

Toast

VHL Mag Power Poll  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So if a guy signs up from Regina he gets auto'd to Saskatoon? I'm sorry fong but thats a bad bad system.

No, their player origin would have no bearing on which team gets them.

Basically I mean having no Vhlm draft. Players are randomly assigned to their teams kind of when an Academy sends youth to the football club.

Every team would gain the same amount of prospects. There is no point in tanking, each team would be exchanging and swapping players to fill needs but it completely removes the incentive to lose or miss playoffs.

Remember that teams tank because of the draft, if they believe they can get better players by losing, they will sacrifice a lost season or such to do so.

If you have no draft and the objective is to build your team he best given what your youth intake is, then you will see the cycle more or less broken.

Now I didn't say thus is the best system, just one that pretty much kills the cycle of tanking to win.

Edited by tfong

BTW it's nice to read the views of someone experiencing the system for the first time right now. This pretty much set up my brain to think of fairly insane proposals which I've already posted up for discussion in the BOG.

As a first-gen, I guess it probably would be helpful to add my input.  I lucked out in that I was originally claimed by a fairly active team and then drafted to that same team as one of their 5 or whatever first round picks.  It's been very helpful to have an active locker room and also to be on a competitive team since you don't really get many chances to win a Founder's Cup if you're active.  It's been a very important part of the experience and I think not having an active LR would make the league less interesting, for sure, especially since I have no connection to the VHL at this point.  I voted that there should be a decrease in teams because it's no fun to be on a shit team with nobody to share your successes with and nobody to help out and answer any questions about the league.  In addition, I think there also should be some kind of rule limiting the hoarding of draft picks and having a maximum and minimum number of picks in the first and second rounds together in order to increase parity and give teams more of an incentive to remain competitive.  

As a first-gen, I guess it probably would be helpful to add my input.  I lucked out in that I was originally claimed by a fairly active team and then drafted to that same team as one of their 5 or whatever first round picks.  It's been very helpful to have an active locker room and also to be on a competitive team since you don't really get many chances to win a Founder's Cup if you're active.  It's been a very important part of the experience and I think not having an active LR would make the league less interesting, for sure, especially since I have no connection to the VHL at this point.  I voted that there should be a decrease in teams because it's no fun to be on a shit team with nobody to share your successes with and nobody to help out and answer any questions about the league.  In addition, I think there also should be some kind of rule limiting the hoarding of draft picks and having a maximum and minimum number of picks in the first and second rounds together in order to increase parity and give teams more of an incentive to remain competitive.  

That hoarding thing is defs in the works. No longer will teams be able to stock pile.

Honestly as a new member i hate knowing im on a struggling team. I know for old members they just want to get out of here as fast as they can. But for me to watch my team get lit up night in night out is tough. An for me would be rather boring. Theres alot of people saying people just want to go right to the VHL, an that competing in the VHLM means little. But thats not true for players like me.

You can run 3 lines in this sim an still have a player who is successful an play meaningful minutes theres not even enough players to fill top 6 an top 4 of every team an everyone talks about what a great draft S40 is. Meamwhille tons of players are playing 30+mins a night an have one line.

Cutting down teams would A makes teams more active which keeps new members here. B make the VHLM more competative, an C keep more newbies here. I for one joined what most called one of the worst VHLM teams this year if we kept losing an getting destroyed everynight no matter how my players doing that discourages me. Heck even adding 1 or 2 defenders wouldnt kill my production that badly an may actually mean my guy produces better cuz hes not worn out or playing against the other teams best all the time