Championship banner (fail)

Review: Wow. This is a cool championship banner. I wouldn't say this is a fail. Obviously, you worked hard on this and I think you could learn from this and possibly make the next championship banner next season.

Positives:

+ I love how you used multiple photos to really get a feel for different moments for the team. Including the goalie for Warsaw was a great touch.

+ The different generations for the Warsaw side is a neat detail.

+ You took the time to do logo replacements on almost all of the jerseys. That's dedication

+ Having the black and white pictures while having the cup moment color really makes it stand out.

+ Using the team colors for the text is awesome and a great style choice.

+ The name replacements are also a great detail to include.

Negatives:

- Some of the logo replacements don't feel natural. They feel a bit too blurred and stand out. One of the logos on the jerseys below Season 78 isn't covered by the Yukon logo.

- Layering the Warsaw cup picture with a picture of McDavid in the background is a bit odd.

- Personally, it seems a bit busy overall. All the pictures on top is my main concern.

Honestly, this is a great banner. Like I said I wouldn't say this is a fail. This is a great stepping stone to get your style and improve on it. Keep up the good work. Here's hoping you get that Season 79 championship banner!

7/10

6 hours ago, Beketov said:

Did you ever send this to me? I don’t remember seeing it for the vote.

Yes, I sent it July 10th. Either way the banners selected I feel had an edge over mine even if mine was missed somehow. I enjoy the process of trying to get a graphic to work and then being able to compare the differences. It is why I also set out to made a second banner for fun that I didn't submit.

Review:

This would have made the competition a little more interesting. The logo swaps are very clean. Colouring and focals are bit of an issue. As my eyes aren't sure where to look first. I'd suggest playing with hue/gradient map layer or using a dark grey layer on lighten to try and blend things a bit better. Also a layer with some lighting would really help the focal or just adding lighting to the spots you want us to hone in on. I like the layout some minor tweaks and this would have won IMO. I'll give it a 7.5/10

Thanks for all the feedback and I agree that it is a bit busy. The spotlight feature could have been used to pull focus to the trophies and the names aka the top layer of the actually banner while fading the back layer as it suppose to be. Love the feedback keep them coming as I am a huge critique of my own work and sometimes do too much to try to make them better when simple is sometimes better.