My Garbage Banner Submission

For those of you who voted for this, you may need to see an ophthalmologist...

But seriously, I got tired of seeing pretty much the same banner concept every season with a different team. I mean, it doesn't annoy me or anything, I just wanted to see something different from the past few seasons. Don't get me wrong, they are always amazing, and much better than I could ever do, but I can't say "I'd like it to be different" and then not try. So, I made this garbage banner, which looks more like a busy Snapchat someone sent. I was pretty proud that I put it all together on my own. 

VHL_Banner.jpg

---

Claiming week ending 1 Aug 2021

Review:

There's a lot of things I could dig into here with something like a complex banner, but this is just for 1 TPE and general advice is probably better. For someone who (I think) isn't seriously involved with the graphics community, this is an ambitious attempt and I like your reasoning behind it. What really holds this back is how tacky it looks. Continuing with the theme, even pictures of the two trophies rather than the cartoony badges would work a lot better. Slap some cleaner text over the trophies and its solid. Other aspects could be improved, such as more color in the BG, better typeface for middle names, etc etc, but finding and sticking to a common theme will go a long way.

I hate the number grade system because it doesn't do certain GFX justice but, based on visual appeal:

6.5/10

Review:

Banners here are very limited in the aspect of design and every season I sent to try something different but end back in the same old same old so when I first seen this banner in the competition I was surprised since it was a nice simple take and at least different from the past banners. I actually took it due to the fact that player cuts for this season was actually hard to find as Edmonton has won in a while and Nashville hasn't won ever so it meant a lot more work when into banners this season. Since you tried to be different I will give you credit and since I know you are not, as jhatty states seriously involved with the graphics community actually makes this graphic somehow more appealing. That being said less cartoon trophies, clean text with a bit more graphic techniques like flare, over-lays and spotlights etc.... But I am impressed with the overall presentation of the banner. 7/10