30 Goal Plateau

Juice

Scoring goals as a defenseman is not usually the first thing you look at, however at the rate that my player is scoring goals it's quite remarkable to see.

With still 30 games left to go in the season as we're just past the halfway mark, Kristof Welch is currently sitting at a whopping 23 goals and 45 assists for 68 points. Now I could already be super satisfied with how things are going (with breaking my career single season point record and goal record already), however what I'm really looking at is this insane run of goal scoring.

At first it was a bit of a joke in the locker room that it seems our defenders are scoring more than our forwards, however slowly over the past few sims it's become more and more of an actuality with one of the last sims, Welch scored an insane 4 goals in one game. In the past 10 seasons in the VHL, only 4 other defenders have ended the season with 30+ goals.

Being only 7 goals away from hitting that milestone and joining that group would be an amazing feat, and I'm curious if I could join the likes of great defensemen like Condor Adrienne or Jeff Downey who are apart of that small group of 30+ defensive snipers.

Poor Alex Letang, that :dcd: traitor thinks he’s having an MVP season. Friggin guy couldn’t put the puck in the net on an empty-net breakaway. He’s halfway to 30 goals with no chance of catching you. Bonus: Welch is here playing god mode on a good team  that actually wins hockey games. 

Welch for all the trophies this year. 

1 hour ago, bigAL said:

Poor Alex Letang, that :dcd: traitor thinks he’s having an MVP season. Friggin guy couldn’t put the puck in the net on an empty-net breakaway. He’s halfway to 30 goals with no chance of catching you. Bonus: Welch is here playing god mode on a good team  that actually wins hockey games. 

Welch for all the trophies this year. 

Glad you're not voting on the awards this season, awful takes!

2 hours ago, rory said:

Glad you're not voting on the awards this season, awful takes!

Brace yourself, theme week is coming 👁