Malmo finish on top

Telkster

Intro

It’s been quite the year for this still young Malmo team, who battled vigorously all year to get to this point. While celebrations were on a couple days ago when they found out they won the league, they know to take these lightly. There’s a long road ahead in the playoffs. Lots of work is left to do, and not many nights out with the boys just yet. Malmo finished the year with 314 goals in 72 games. They had a 53-19-0 record, which tells us immediately that they never lost in overtime or shootout this year. That could come in handy for the post season. Today I’ll just be running down the roster from forwards and try to point out some highlights from the season as I go along. I want to be detailed so that I can go over every player. Next week I’ll go over Defense and Goalers.

Forwards

Odinsson turned out to be more then just a key signing, Malmo is where he really found his legs, leading not only the team, but the whole league in points with 133. In my last article, Odinsson had almost all the awards locked onto him. While he will still have a very decorated awards show, Telker came from behind late to grab the trophy for most goals this season with 58, which is near the ludicrous point. 

You could argue that Sosa’s breakout year was his last season in Vancouver, but he went with a lot more then just a ppg this year with 94 points. Muffbeav had an incredible season and added to the scoring depth this team has with 46 goals and 93 points. Then we get to Deathwalker, who had a great leap from his sophomore campaign to 76 points from his 58 points the season before. Dayne did exactly what he needed to do in order to give the forward group a winning chance with 37 points. 

Were down to the rookies now, and Mourning have a great rookie season with 29 points, given that he was a depth piece all year. Steel had 10 points in his rookie year, but that production should increase as he moves along in his career. 

The future of the forward core is in really good shape, with only Dayne leaving this off-season. League scouts have seen Muffbeav recently practicing in the faceoff dot during quieter times at practice, which could mean that him and Sosa could tandem as a 1-2 punch at centre. This would let Mourning move up to the top 6 permanently, while Steel could rotate around as the #7 forward next year. This is all just my speculation. But it would allow the forwards a comfortable transition without making a big move. Hylands could still choose to add another depth type piece if he does want another body up there. There’s also a small possibility that a rookie forward could find his way onto the team. That’s it for this media spot. To all the forwards in Malmo, great work this season, and congratulations to everyone who helped get the team this far!

@tylerwest @Infernal @animal74 @BOOM @TMGSosa @.sniffuM @scoop

Lets go Nighthawks!!!!!:mal:

Edited by Telkster