Brendan Marner Prospect Review

After getting asked to join the San Diego Marlins, I was thrilled, and quickly accepted the offer. I was not expecting much after the injury I endured as I previously stated in the junior review, but I was dedicated to becoming my best self. I practiced and focused, I tried my best to improve myself, and I can say that my skills are better, I have been looking to rise to become the next great star on this team, however, I still have a long road.

I have been looking to make an impact on my playmaking game, to get some extra assists and give the puck to get more goals for my linemates. My playmaking ability really got to another level since my junior years, even though the stats do not show. It was a ride since joining the league, ups, and lows, but one thing is for sure, I am ready for anything that will come next, my scoring ability is not up to par as it was in the past, however, the goal I am working on with my team is to get better scoring abilities.

My teammates at the San Diego Marlin are crazy, on and off the ice, with the top guys in the locker room really keeping morale up through the tough times and encourage us to keep up the good. Right from the start, my teammates were welcoming and helping me and other new league members to improve myself. Although I know how the league works for the most part, but it helps to have more experienced members to show me around a little more. I enjoyed the season, I have been improving throughout the season, but it has not shown on my stats. San Diego is quite good, so it is difficult for me to thrive on a top line, so my time on ice is low as I’m on the bottom line, but I can be a great supporting piece.

I ended the season with only 1 goal and 8 assists in 62 games, and I am thrilled to start my first playoff in this league, the team is extremely excited to fight for the cup. It is not going to be easy as we are playing a team, we have not won against all season but get got the plans and we got the team really preparing to win everything. This is what we played for all season, and we do not want to just fall out without a fight.

2021 Toronto Marlies Season Preview: Robertson, Sandin headline roster -  Pension Plan Puppets