Help Thread

Gustav

*credit to @MetalToday for the idea--I think it's a good one so I'm just going to go ahead and put it up. Those with proper authority can do with this thread as they wish.*

Got questions about how the league works? Doesn't matter what they are; there are no dumb ones. Post them in this thread, and someone will get back to you!

• 1 year later...

I'm still confused on the depreciation, I thought I was on my 7th season (s80 draftee going into s87), but I was denied for still kicking, and my player depreciated. I asked my team but they are confused on how it works too. Could anyone help me out?

• Commissioner
6 minutes ago, MetalToday said:

I'm still confused on the depreciation, I thought I was on my 7th season (s80 draftee going into s87), but I was denied for still kicking, and my player depreciated. I asked my team but they are confused on how it works too. Could anyone help me out?

Depreciation is based on the number of seasons you have played at the VHL level, not just your draft season. So because you spent S80 and S81 in the VHLE you are currently entering your 6th VHL season. This means you were depreciated at that level. Still Kicking is, of course, for 7th season depreciation which is why it was denied. You are able to use it next season.

12 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Depreciation is based on the number of seasons you have played at the VHL level, not just your draft season. So because you spent S80 and S81 in the VHLE you are currently entering your 6th VHL season. This means you were depreciated at that level. Still Kicking is, of course, for 7th season depreciation which is why it was denied. You are able to use it next season.

ahh I see thank you, so if someone is in the VHLM/E the whole sim they would not depreciate? 

• Commissioner
27 minutes ago, MetalToday said:

ahh I see thank you, so if someone is in the VHLM/E the whole sim they would not depreciate? 

That is correct.

It used to be that depreciation would hit in season 6-8 post draft regardless but we found there were people spending 3-4 extra seasons down sometimes so they’d end up basically getting depreciated immediately which didn’t seem fair so now it’s based on VHL seasons exclusively.