Answer 3, Ask 3

McWolf

About a month ago, when the blues opened the S79 Suggestion Drive for new ideas on how we could make the league ever so better, @GustavMattias suggested a new way to handle press conferences that I thought was interesting enough to give a try. He said:

I'd like to see press conferences reworked at some point. Instead of "wait for one person to post 6 questions and then answer them," maybe have a press conference consist of three answers (to previous questions) and three questions (to be answered later on). It takes away some of the waiting and makes it more of a team event--everyone interacts with someone else on the team every week rather than just making it an impersonal answer-generic-stuff-from-the-GM thing.

So the suggestion was basically useless, as it's not something that really has to be implemented: we can already do that with the way press conferences work at this moment. So what we'll be doing here is different than regular press conference threads. Instead of waiting for your GM or AGM or whatever to ask 6 questions every week, you can simply answer to the 3 questions asked in the previous post, and then ask 3 for the next member to join in.

Answer 3

Ask 3

1. What VHL team do you believe has the best logo?

2. Who will go 1st overall in the S80 draft?

3. Why are dogs so much better than cats?

2 hours ago, McWolf said:

About a month ago, when the blues opened the S79 Suggestion Drive for new ideas on how we could make the league ever so better, @GustavMattias suggested a new way to handle press conferences that I thought was interesting enough to give a try. He said:

So the suggestion was basically useless, as it's not something that really has to be implemented: we can already do that with the way press conferences work at this moment. So what we'll be doing here is different than regular press conference threads. Instead of waiting for your GM or AGM or whatever to ask 6 questions every week, you can simply answer to the 3 questions asked in the previous post, and then ask 3 for the next member to join in.

Answer 3

Ask 3

1. David unbiased

2. I do not know

3. They are equal but I like dogs more due to the fact that I can pet them without dying

1. Who will win the Cup in VHL and VHLM?

2. Early NHL predictions?

3. Why is this the better idea?

2 hours ago, TheCHEESE said:

1. Who will win the Cup in VHL and VHLM?

2. Early NHL predictions?

3. Why is this the better idea?

I need one more TPE so here we go again.

1. I think Malmo has been the better team in the regular season and has been flying through the playoffs. And in the M, same could be said about Mississauga. So them two.

2. Colorado finally wins it before they lose important pieces to cap? I'd appreciate that, to be honest.

3. I don't know if it really is a better idea, but I've seen players ask their GMs for press conference questions so often, when in fact there is nothing stopping the players to ask the questions if they would rather that. This thread is a place where there will always be there three questions ready to be answered, as long as ask three more yourself.

and the questions

1. How many goals do you think your player could realistically score next season?

2. Are you excited about the VHLE starting its operations in Season 80?

3. Who's one of your favourite breakout candidates for this upcoming NHL season?

4 hours ago, McWolf said:

How many goals do you think your player could realistically score next season?

There's no reason why I can't put up 40, but I was more of an assist guy this season so I'll say 35.

Are you excited about the VHLE starting its operations in Season 80?

Hot take: no. Ideally, the VHLE shouldn't exist, and I'm not a fan of the fact that it's now harder to make it up to the big league. I do, however, understand why it's necessary.

Who's one of your favourite breakout candidates for this upcoming NHL season?

DYLAN COZENS. He had some good moments last year as a rookie and was one of very few Sabres players who actually cared. If anyone is going to step up and be the heart and soul of the team now that Eichel has started being whiny, it's going to be him.

1. What about the league did you find hardest to understand when you started?

2. How do you feel about there being six new VHLM hirings? Will the league be more confusing, or do our new GMs know what's up?

3. Write your three questions before answering this one. Did you prefer participating in this format, or the traditional one?

1. What about the league did you find hardest to understand when you started?

Easily the hardest was figuring out how to earn TPE but once I figured out the follow it became easy. I guess the second hardest was figuring out the builds but someone (cough) created a nice article about different basic builds that I started to follow then I switched after seeing what was working for other players. (cough) Same person that wrote the article if I have it correct.

2. How do you feel about there being six new VHLM hirings? Will the league be more confusing, or do our new GMs know what's up?

I know a lot of the new hires are hyper active and have been key members in their locker rooms. So they all know enough about what is going on to be able to provide assistance anyone might require but also more then enough other Managers in each locker room to also add if they don't know the answer. Will some of them make mistakes? Yeah, of course but we all learn from making mistakes and this league is about having fun more then anything else so shouldn't be taken so seriously.

3. Write your three questions before answering this one. Did you prefer participating in this format, or the traditional one?

1. Did you think Montreal did the right thing with the offer sheet and trading for Dvorak?

2. Which team wins the Founder's Cup in the VHLM next season?

3. Who is the most over-rated player in the NHL and Why?

Answer to 3: Honestly I preferred when I only needed to answer the question but since becoming an AGM I have to come up with six question every week some times that is easy and some times that is hard so this would take some of the pressure off and maybe remove some of the less interesting questions that we tend to ask since we are drawing blanks on questions.

1. Did you think Montreal did the right thing with the offer sheet and trading for Dvorak?

Who am I to question the Montréal leadership - most storied team in NHL history?

2. Which team wins the Founder's Cup in the VHLM next season?

San Diego.  Just an awesome organization with a firm foundation.

3. Who is the most over-rated player in the NHL and Why?

Anyone on Toronto.  Let's see how many hate posts that generates.  Just don't like the club, which is sad because Toronto is such a nice city.

Three Questions

1. Which team surprised you the most this S79 season and why is it Davos?
  2. Will anyone ever reach the all-around greatness of Wayne Gretzky or do you think that's already happened?
  3. When will the Devils win the Cup again?

Which team surprised you the most this S79 season and why is it Davos?

The team that surprised me the most this season was Malmo - I wasn't expecting their young players to take such a leap so quickly, but they did well to be top of the standings. They are Davos because we all want to be Davos at heart, neutral like Switzerland even if we're really not.

Will anyone ever reach the all-around greatness of Wayne Gretzky or do you think that's already happened?

I think someone could certainly be as talented as Gretzky, given that the overall talent in the NHL only continues to rise. But the flip side of that is everyone is getting more talented, so I'm not sure we'll see someone separate from the pack like Gretzky did.

When will the Devils win the Cup again?

As someone who grew up in Delaware, I know extremely well that nothing good can ever come to Jersey. I say they win the title in 2044 - approximately five years after they've become the San Antonio Devils.

Three Questions:

1. What part of the VHL offseason are you most looking forward to?
  2. If you could place a VHL expansion team in any location, where would it be?
  3. What's your favorite season (winter, spring, summer, fall) and why?

1. What part of the VHL offseason are you most looking forward to? 
I’d say the drafts, really excited to participate and see them play out. 
2. If you could place a VHL expansion team in any location, where would it be? 
Boston. Being one of the oldest cities in North America and also having the first American NHL team, it makes sense. 
3. What’s your favorite season, and why? 
Summer, or fall. Summer is awesome because of the nice weather and time for vacation. Fall can be good too since hockey and football start back up, and the weather is still nice early on. 

3 Q’s: 

1. Who wins the first VHLE championship? What should the trophy be called? 
2. McDavid or MacKinnon? 
3. What do you think has been the best season in the VHL in recent history, or for you in general? If you’re new, what do you like most about the league so far? 

On 9/9/2021 at 5:55 PM, JB123 said:

2. McDavid or MacKinnon?

3. What do you think has been the best season in the VHL in recent history, or for you in general? If you’re new, what do you like most about the league so far?

1. Tough to say at the moment, without any player assigned to any of the team yet, and most of the GMs there have had some level of success in the VHLM or VHL before. If I had to guess, I'd say Advantage comes back strong and leads the Stockholm Vikings to the first VHLE championship, and then they'll get to lift the Pioneers' Cup, or something.

2. Both great players, but McDavid is on another level offensively. If Edmonton did a slightly better job of surrounding him with talented players, they'd easily be perenial contenders.

3. Season 62. The season I joined, I was still in the VHLM at that point, and I'm still sad that I missed on the super high scoring of this season. There were some rookies scoring over 100 points, veterans scoring 150 points, like it was nothing. I think out of all the players who had surprisingly high number of points, my favourite was Dragon McDragon, an inactive, low-TPE, defenseman who just randomly decided to crack 100 points in S62.

-

Questions:

1. What team would you say has been the most successful of the S70s in the VHLM?

2. What team do you think will be the most successful in the S80s, still in the VHLM?

3. Who's your favourite gfx artist in the league?

On 9/9/2021 at 5:55 PM, JB123 said:

3 Q’s: 

2. McDavid or MacKinnon? 

1. It's obviously going to be the Stockholm Vikings. I think the trophy should be called the European Cup.

2. McCrosby

3. Each season my player, Thadius Sales, gets better and better. So, I'll say that last season was his best and this upcoming one will then be his best.

Questions:

1. Who is your favorite VHL/M/E GM ever?

2. What is love?

3. Why are cats just as good as dogs @McWolf ?

On 9/17/2021 at 9:00 AM, thadthrasher said:

Questions:

1. Who is your favorite VHL/M/E GM ever?

2. What is love?

3. Why are cats just as good as dogs 

1. Alex_J32!

2. Baby don't hurt me, come on!

3. Cats are awesome pets bc they are so sneaky and make nice purring noises.

Qs-

1. What VHL/M/E team will have the best upcoming season?

2. Who is your favorite current hockey player?

3. War, what is it good for?

On 9/18/2021 at 3:19 PM, MattBake12 said:

1. Alex_J32!

2. Baby don't hurt me, come on!

3. Cats are awesome pets bc they are so sneaky and make nice purring noises.

Qs-

1. What VHL/M/E team will have the best upcoming season?

2. Who is your favorite current hockey player?

3. War, what is it good for?

Answers:

1. I think the Calgary Wranglers will have the best season. Not that I’m totally biased or anything hehe.

2. I don’t have one specifically. I like Bo Horvat, Brock Boeser, Elias Petterson and a few others. Yes I am a Canucks fan.

3.Absolutely nothing! This takes me back to watching the movie Rush Hour. Absolute classic or a movie.

Questions:

1. Which S79 non-playoff VHL team has improved the most this off-season?

2. Which current VHL GM would you like to get the chance to play for? and why?

3. If you had to choose a pet besides a cat or dog, which type of animal would you choose as your pet?

6 minutes ago, Ricer13 said:

1. Which S79 non-playoff VHL team has improved the most this off-season?

It's mostly natural progression, and also trading for Lexi Glass, but Moscow looks like a legit team this season.

8 minutes ago, Ricer13 said:

2. Which current VHL GM would you like to get the chance to play for? and why?

I've been a GM for about 10 seasons, overall, if we count the stints in the VHLM, and I've never played for myself. I think the fit would be right with where the team is heading though, so I'd love to be able to draft myself in S81.

9 minutes ago, Ricer13 said:

3. If you had to choose a pet besides a cat or dog, which type of animal would you choose as your pet?

I used to be team cat, but since then I have had a dog and I have completely switched. I want dogs, for sure.

1. What did you think of the draft streams that happened this weekend?

2. Which team is the most cursed, in your opinion?

3. Who should the VHLE MVP Trophy be named after?

On 9/19/2021 at 11:05 PM, McWolf said:

1. What did you think of the draft streams that happened this weekend?

2. Which team is the most cursed, in your opinion?

3. Who should the VHLE MVP Trophy be named after

1. I think that is was alright, nothing new like last season but we can’t always expect changes.

2. Mississauga I guess, somehow they can’t win the cup and went trough the same final scenario twice in 3 seasons.

3. I honnestly do not know, I didn’t look who is in the E, didn’t watch their draft or anything, I know nothing about that league other than they exist and they are in between.

Questions: 

1. Do you think there could be a way to fix the meta in the league and balance it with more different builds available?

2. What do you think of the goalie situation in the VHLM this season?

3. If you could create a new team, in which city would it be and what name would you give it? Also which league? 

3 hours ago, Domg5 said:

Questions: 

1. Do you think there could be a way to fix the meta in the league and balance it with more different builds available?

2. What do you think of the goalie situation in the VHLM this season?

3. If you could create a new team, in which city would it be and what name would you give it? Also which league? 

1. Yeah probably, using this sim engine even if we really sat down and made some hard player update choices. I just think we alienate member groups and it probably isn't as clean as if we just switched sims so everyone got to learn from the same starting point.

2. It seems pretty dire, when I built the index I was like "oh yeah lots of teams without." Hopefully that means more goalie creates but I know having too many in one league can be a problem too. Goalies have always been a struggle.

3. Honestly at this stage that question becomes harder and harder for me to answer. I think for me putting a team in Tokyo at this point although I can't determine what the name would be seems like the best course. Put that in the VHL too, give them a bigs spot.

Questions:

1. What is the hardest thing to learn about the league, and what would you suggest is a good way to fix that?

2. Do you care about player legacy, such as Hall of Fame, records, award cabinets and the like?

3. Is Captains and Assistants something that players in the league truly care about, and if not, is there a way for us to change that and reward the system so it becomes a larger deal especially with this many players? 

1 hour ago, Devise said:

1. Yeah probably, using this sim engine even if we really sat down and made some hard player update choices. I just think we alienate member groups and it probably isn't as clean as if we just switched sims so everyone got to learn from the same starting point.

2. It seems pretty dire, when I built the index I was like "oh yeah lots of teams without." Hopefully that means more goalie creates but I know having too many in one league can be a problem too. Goalies have always been a struggle.

3. Honestly at this stage that question becomes harder and harder for me to answer. I think for me putting a team in Tokyo at this point although I can't determine what the name would be seems like the best course. Put that in the VHL too, give them a bigs spot.

Questions:

1. What is the hardest thing to learn about the league, and what would you suggest is a good way to fix that?

2. Do you care about player legacy, such as Hall of Fame, records, award cabinets and the like?

3. Is Captains and Assistants something that players in the league truly care about, and if not, is there a way for us to change that and reward the system so it becomes a larger deal especially with this many players? 

ANSWER 

1. Im new in the league and I think the league site and the forum are well done but sometimes I need to dig to find what I was looking for. So, maybe doing a little guide to help first gen players like me to guide them like I did not know how the tpe clamming things works in the first part ( I’m a bit selfish so I was trying to find it in my own but wasn’t able to figured it out on my own ) but with the great community that we have and almost every person what it to help. 

2.Being a players who is the league for less then a month I don’t think about hall of fame that much and awards, but with time I think I will be more trying to brake record and go for an awards. 

3. captains and Assistant are important for me they should be awarded to someone who as experienced with the league and can help new players find there way to make an impact in the league. I think people care example in Yukon with a lot a experience players who is returning from the league like mcwolf, txc, hylands or beaviss that tell me if I need help I can always ask them. I don’t know if captains and the leadership affects or should affects how players defend players on the ice or boost effect with higher leadership points if they score a goals or do a big hit do change the momentum side. But I don’t really know how fully the sims works. Hihi! 

QUESTIONS 

1. If you tell about the league to a friends or someone who as potential to be a new person on the league. How would you try them to sell you’re salad about them trying the league? 

2. What the best advice that you receive from on experience players when you were starting you’re players? 

3. Why is @Domg5 one of the best GM in the vhlm?  

On 9/24/2021 at 5:58 PM, Alexandre said:

ANSWER 

1. Im new in the league and I think the league site and the forum are well done but sometimes I need to dig to find what I was looking for. So, maybe doing a little guide to help first gen players like me to guide them like I did not know how the tpe clamming things works in the first part ( I’m a bit selfish so I was trying to find it in my own but wasn’t able to figured it out on my own ) but with the great community that we have and almost every person what it to help. 

2.Being a players who is the league for less then a month I don’t think about hall of fame that much and awards, but with time I think I will be more trying to brake record and go for an awards. 

3. captains and Assistant are important for me they should be awarded to someone who as experienced with the league and can help new players find there way to make an impact in the league. I think people care example in Yukon with a lot a experience players who is returning from the league like mcwolf, txc, hylands or beaviss that tell me if I need help I can always ask them. I don’t know if captains and the leadership affects or should affects how players defend players on the ice or boost effect with higher leadership points if they score a goals or do a big hit do change the momentum side. But I don’t really know how fully the sims works. Hihi! 

QUESTIONS 

1. If you tell about the league to a friends or someone who as potential to be a new person on the league. How would you try them to sell you’re salad about them trying the league? 

2. What the best advice that you receive from on experience players when you were starting you’re players? 

3. Why is @Domg5 one of the best GM in the vhlm?  

Answers:

1. “It’s a simulated hockey league for anyone who is a hockey nerd and looking to get their hockey fix. The best part about this league is the community of members that makes it so interactive and fun to be a part of. The league has so many things to do from building hall of fame players all the way up to managing teams or being a commissioner for the different league.”

2. Activity stands out about all. If you’re active and social you’ll find a lot more success in the league than if you were to sit back and do the bare minimum.

3. DomG is just an overall good dude. Ive interacted with him in a few different facets of the league and each time he’s been a genuinely good person to deal with. 

QUESTIONS:

1. What is your top favourite logo from each league? Including the E.

2. If there was one thing you could change about the VHL, what about it be? And why?

3. What is your favourite or lucky number? What is the story behind it?

On 9/5/2021 at 3:48 PM, McWolf said:

Answer 3

Ask 3

1. I am biased, so I will say Vancouver.

2. I honestly have no idea who's in the draft. I'll say a forward though.

2. Wrong. Cats are better than dogs.

1. What's your favorite TV show?

2. What inspired your username (I abbreviated NotSoGood88 to get my current one)

3. What's your biggest regret in life?

1. What's your favorite TV show?

Really don't watch TV.  Really, I know everyone says that.  But I do watch shows on Netflix, so...Parks and Recreation.

2. What inspired your username (I abbreviated NotSoGood88 to get my current one)

My hometown (KC) plus the last year the Royals won the World Series (2015).

3. What's your biggest regret in life?

Bailed out on a summer+academic year college exchange program to Poland when I got super sick during a time Poland was under martial law.  Should have stuck it out regardless.

1. What is your favorite position in hockey to watch or play and why?

2. If you could not play for your current team, where would you like to play?

3. What is your favorite breed of dog?  If you aren't into dogs (what's wrong with you?!), what is your favorite breed of cat or favorite animal?

1) whats your favorite position in hockey to watch or play and why?

Playing is defense, not really sure why its just where i ended up when i was young and it stuck. 

2) If you could not play for your current team, where would you like to play?

Not currently on on but it would be Houston or yukon 

3) What is your favorite breed of dog?

Huskies 

Question: 1) What's something good thats happened to you lately?

2) what's surprised you the most about the VHL or what you like the most about it

3) Whos winning the Stanley cup this year

23 hours ago, KnightRiley said:

1) whats your favorite position in hockey to watch or play and why?

Playing is defense, not really sure why its just where i ended up when i was young and it stuck. 

2) If you could not play for your current team, where would you like to play?

Not currently on on but it would be Houston or yukon 

3) What is your favorite breed of dog?

Huskies 

Question: 1) What's something good thats happened to you lately?

2) what's surprised you the most about the VHL or what you like the most about it

3) Whos winning the Stanley cup this year

1. I got one of my class grades up to a 90, so now my parents aren’t pissed off at me.
2. What surprised me was learning that this place wasn’t always as cool as it is currently. Reading up about it made me thankful that it turned around.

3. Washington Capitols because they’re my favorite team.

1. What’s your favorite video game?

2. Which animal would you like to be (not necessarily your favorite animal, the animal whose lifestyle you like the most, in a sense)

3. Which VHLE team is your fave?