Answer 3, Ask 3

McWolf

1. We're about to get going with the start of all the leagues. Give me your predictions for winners in the VHLM, VHLE, VHL
Marlins, Have never paid attention to that league, lol, Wranglers

2. Who is going to have a breakout season this time round in the VHL?
Not sure it will be a "breakout", but in his last season, Luc Tessier is going to surprise!

3. Summer is officially over. What do you want to do next time round that you didn't do this year.
Watch the sunset on the southern coast of Brittany, France.

1. If you were a dog, what breed would you be an why?
2.  Have you ever won a championship in a league other than the VHL?  Or the VHL?

3.  Who has the best chance of winning the scoring title this coming season?

1. If you were a dog, what breed would you be an why?

I'd say a shiba. A few too many smarts for my own good, not giant but a bit stout, and loyal but a cutie at the same time.

2.  Have you ever won a championship in a league other than the VHL?  Or the VHL?

Six in the VHL and five in the EFL, not bad. None in the SBA but I still made HOF so I'm taking it.

3.  Who has the best chance of winning the scoring title this coming season?

Well, the current scoring leader is Helsinki's own Hayden Rain, so that's my pick and you can't convince me otherwise.

Questions:

1. It's the start of the season! How do you feel about your own team's chances this year?

2. Any personal goals that you really want to hit?

3. What's your favorite way to chill on a day off work/school?

1 - based on the start of the season, not great. Our offense just hasn't been there.

2 - I'd like to be in the top 10 for hits and shot blocks.

3 - play some games, forget to take care of my basic needs, binge on something stupid like tortilla chips and salsa.

1 - I recently started a daily exercise routine. Do you have one?

2 - shower or bath? Conditioner? 

3 - stealing from above, what are some goals for your player this season?

16 hours ago, der meister said:

1 - based on the start of the season, not great. Our offense just hasn't been there.

2 - I'd like to be in the top 10 for hits and shot blocks.

3 - play some games, forget to take care of my basic needs, binge on something stupid like tortilla chips and salsa.

1 - I recently started a daily exercise routine. Do you have one?

2 - shower or bath? Conditioner? 

3 - stealing from above, what are some goals for your player this season?

1. do not, however I do try to go to the gym once a week and run.

2. Definitely a shower, baths get cold too fast. And yes, I do use conditioner.

3. Winning a ring or an award is always nice, but in the end the big goal is to just have fun.

1. What do you think is the most overrated/underrated part of sim leagues in general and why?

2. Describe your ideal sandwich. What type of bread, meat, how many condiments, etc.? 

3. How much a role does music play in your life? Are you involved with it, does it regulate your moods, do you hate music, etc.?

1. What do you think is the most overrated/underrated part of sim leagues in general and why?
Underrated part if the recruiting In sim leagues. Just a person reaching out to you and wanting you Is such a great feeling.

2. Describe your ideal sandwich. What type of bread, meat, how many condiments, etc.? 
My man I'm just a Turkey Cheese and mayo kind of guy. I'm simple and I love it

3. How much a role does music play in your life? Are you involved with it, does it regulate your moods, do you hate music, etc.?
I love music especially when I'm doing anything as It can match my mood, or even raise It. Music helps answer questions you can't answer for yourself.

1. Is hockey your favorite sport? If not which is?

2. What's your favorite position In hockey?
3. Do you ever smell something, but you can't remember what It's from? 

4 hours ago, dustywilson22 said:

1. Is hockey your favorite sport? If not which is?
2. What's your favorite position In hockey?
3. Do you ever smell something, but you can't remember what It's from? 

1. Hockey is definitely my favourite sport! It is a sport of balance. Obviously, you balance on your skates. You have to balance prioritizing defense and offense. It is a perfect balance between grace and finesse as well as tough nosed play (getting less true nowadays, admittedly but in favour of safety of players, which is good).

2. My favourite position would have to be a goalie. I don't know about you but goalies are so cool! In terms of playing, I'd probably choose forward but in terms of watching and appreciating, GOALIES for sure.

3. I do that all the time and it haunts me every night. I'm doing it right now and trying to type what it is but I can't seem to put my finger on it.

1. Would you rather be a player scoring a hat trick or a goalie getting a shutout?

2. Which player do you think deserves to be in the NHL Hall of Fame but hasn't been put in it yet?

3. What non-NHL city do you think has a great hockey presence?

1. Would you rather be a player scoring a hat trick or a goalie getting a shutout?

A player scoring a hattrick since I currently have a player right now. In a Game7 scenario, probably the hattrick still. 

2. Which player do you think deserves to be in the NHL Hall of Fame but hasn't been put in it yet?

Alexander Mogilny, I get pissed every year that they left him out. The pioneer of russians moving to North America for the NHL and pretty dead even with Fedorov statistically. 

3. What non-NHL city do you think has a great hockey presence?

I'm going to be bias here and say St. John's NL but its too small for an NHL market. The whole province of NL is huge for hockey and you can tell how popular it was when the Leafs came for training camp 3 years ago.

1. Do you watch the NFL, if so who's your favorite team?

2. What's unpopular food that you like to eat?

3. What would be the first thing you'd buy after signing a $5,000,000 contract with a sports team?

14 minutes ago, kelvi said:

1. Do you watch the NFL, if so who's your favorite team?

I like the sport as a whole, kinda like the NHL. My favourites change frequently, it's usually a team that hasn't won in a while that I'd like to see win. I like the Bills and Chargers chances this year. And I have Allen in my fantasy league, so double down on the Bills. To draw the parallel, my NHL favourites right now would be the Canes and the Wild. Would love to see one of them win it all.

16 minutes ago, kelvi said:

2. What's unpopular food that you like to eat?

I like oatmeal for breakfast. I don't know how unpopular it is. I don't really eat anything that's way out there, or weird mixes that don't fit. Oatmeal is no eggs and bacon, it's simplisticly shitty. But I like it.

19 minutes ago, kelvi said:

3. What would be the first thing you'd buy after signing a $5,000,000 contract with a sports team?

I like to think I'd be sensible and wouldn't make a huge purchase to burn through most of the contract. But yeah, I'd probably look for a luxury car, or for a bigger house. Nothing stupid, but something big.

1. What's your career objective with your current player?

2. Is there one VHL team you've never played for that you'd like to play for?

3. Who's one NHL player you think could breakout this upcoming season?

1. Definitely to win a Continental Cup, and with this being my final season with Powers, now’s the chance!

2. Probably Warsaw, AGM’ed there at one point and want to return as a player sometime. Also scored my first goal against them.

3. Kirby Dach, has shown some promise before and is in a good situation to get opportunity with the Canadiens.

1. Early Continental Cup favorite?

2. What are you doing to keep busy right now?

3. Best thing to buy available only in autumn? 

1. Early Continental Cup favorite?

Has to be the Calgary Wranglers.  Sending Luc Tessier off into retirement with some hardware.

2. What are you doing to keep busy right now?

Work keeps me as busy as I'd like to be.

3. Best thing to buy available only in autumn? 

Pumpkin flavored latte.  Actually only thing I could think of as only available in the autumn.  lol

1.  If you could only take one book to be stranded with on an island what would it be?

2.  Best thing about "man's best friend" - the dog?

3.  Favorite period of history to learn about?

1.  If you could only take one book to be stranded with on an island what would it be?
Well If I wanted to be honest It'd be a book about how to survive on a island. 

2.  Best thing about "man's best friend" - the dog?
The Dog Is the best. Man Is merely just there to do as the dog wishes. 

3.  Favorite period of history to learn about?
The Civil war in all honesty

1. How did you first find sim leagues?
2. Is this your first player in the VHL? If not how many players have you made in VHL so far?
3. Do you pay attention to VHL draft even when you've already been drafted or do you forget It exist after you are already drafted?

1. I was looking for a hockey GM game online and came across one that is now shut down. A friend from that game recommended the VHL and I’ve been here ever since.

2. Yes, albeit my final season with him. Recreating for the first time should be intriguing.

3. I still pay attention to it and find it interesting/relevant to see where players will go following their time in the E. 

1. What would be your pick for theme week this season?

2. What team is most likely to turn it around this season?

3. Do you see certain teams buying/selling at the deadline? 

2 hours ago, JB123 said:

1. What would be your pick for theme week this season?

2. What team is most likely to turn it around this season?

3. Do you see certain teams buying/selling at the deadline? 

1. For theme week, I'd love to see a theme about jerseys and logo! It'd be fun to talk about jersey concepts or some of our favourite logos in the VHL.

2. Probably the Chicago Phoenix. They were tough in the playoffs last season and still have a solid team that can turn things around again.

3. Not really. In terms of selling, maybe Toronto. Perhaps they'll be looking to rebuild? I can also see the Dragons looking to buy and bolster their team before the playoffs.

1. Out of any piece of hockey gear, which article of gear would you be most particular about when buying new gear? I said gear a lot, sorry.

2. If the VHL had VHLE affiliates, what current teams would you have affiliate with each other?

3. VHL hockey is prevalent in North America and Europe... outside of those two continents, what city would you love a VHL/E/M team to occupy?

On 9/18/2022 at 5:14 PM, SlapshotBear said:

1. For theme week, I'd love to see a theme about jerseys and logo! It'd be fun to talk about jersey concepts or some of our favourite logos in the VHL.

2. Probably the Chicago Phoenix. They were tough in the playoffs last season and still have a solid team that can turn things around again.

3. Not really. In terms of selling, maybe Toronto. Perhaps they'll be looking to rebuild? I can also see the Dragons looking to buy and bolster their team before the playoffs.

1. Out of any piece of hockey gear, which article of gear would you be most particular about when buying new gear? I said gear a lot, sorry.

2. If the VHL had VHLE affiliates, what current teams would you have affiliate with each other?

3. VHL hockey is prevalent in North America and Europe... outside of those two continents, what city would you love a VHL/E/M team to occupy?

1 - Gotta be the stick. I can deal with different gloves and shin pads, but if the stick isn't right, we're off to a bad start.

2 - I can't do it quickly. See here: https://vhlforum.com/topic/127618-vhlvhle-affiliate-program/

3 - Tokyo is always going to be a favorite when I see this question.

1 - It's finally Friday! Whatcha doing this weekend?

2 - How's the season going for you?

3 - What's for dinner tonight? My in-laws are coming out and I think we're doing takeout but I honestly have no idea. 

Edited by der meister

1 - It's finally Friday! Whatcha doing this weekend?

Preaching at two funerals and then on Sunday for a third (really 4th - Thursday) day in a row.

2 - How's the season going for you?

Not bad.  We are 20-10 and pushing toward a playoff spot.

3 - What's for dinner tonight? My in-laws are coming out and I think we're doing takeout but I honestly have no idea. 

Not sure.  My wife promised something special after a tough week, but I don't know what that is.  I do know it will be fantastic!

1.  Would you prefer to take your next vacation in Europe or the USA?  Why?

2.  Have you ever tried to be a vegetarian?  How did it go?

3.  Which foreign language would you most like to be able to speak if you could just learn it in 5 minutes by taking a pill?

1.  Would you prefer to take your next vacation in Europe or the USA?  Why?

Europe. Somewhere sunny and warm, Croatia could be fun.

2.  Have you ever tried to be a vegetarian?  How did it go?

I have not. I enjoy my meats too much.

3.  Which foreign language would you most like to be able to speak if you could just learn it in 5 minutes by taking a pill?

Chinese. I would have so many job opportunities.

1. They say checking is not a useful attribute to have because of the penalty minutes, do you also think so? If you would have to add points to checking, what is your "max"? 70?

2. Should VHL introduce 15-second TikTok video as an alternative point tasks for game recaps? Make VHL related TikTok that is at least 15 seconds - you get 1 TPE?

3.  Do we see a player reaching 50 goals in VHL this season? Maybe even 60?

Edited by jRuutu

1. They say checking is not a useful attribute to have because of the penalty minutes, do you also think so? If you would have to add points to checking, what is your "max"? 70? I do not really have a limit on how much checking I'd add. The way I see it, more checks = more possession. Then again, I also have an obscene amount of penalty minutes. Hm. I'd say 70 is a good max considering 75 checking is enough for 90+ PIM in 39 games.

2. Should VHL introduce 15-second TikTok video as an alternative point tasks for game recaps? Make VHL related TikTok that is at least 15 seconds - you get 1 TPE? That would be pretty fun actually. I think there needs to be more 1 TPE/2 TPE options just to spice things up. I write a VHL.com article then answer a presser then write two game recaps. A lot of typing.

3.  Do we see a player reaching 50 goals in VHL this season? Maybe even 60? Pearce and Janser are leading the pack so I'd say one of them could definitely reach it. I'd also say AJ Williams has a chance; especially with a playmaker like Ori.

1. If you could choose ONE VHL franchise and change their main colours, which franchise, what colours, and why?

2. When determining which logos you like the best in hockey, what is your biggest factor? Creativity? Ferocity? Badassery? How much it matches the team name? Etc.

3. The rules of hockey change and for some inexplicable reason, the hockey gods decide that rosters can have a 21st player. All positions are allowed. What position would you have that 21st man be?

Edited by SlapshotBear

1. If you could choose ONE VHL franchise and change their main colours, which franchise, what colours, and why?

It would have to be LA, the colors and logo are way too plain and boring.

2. When determining which logos you like the best in hockey, what is your biggest factor? Creativity? Ferocity? Badassery? How much it matches the team name? Etc.

First off would have to be creativity. There is nothing like a badass logo that stands out. Matching the team name is also very important. 

3. The rules of hockey change and for some inexplicable reason, the hockey gods decide that rosters can have a 21st player. All positions are allowed. What position would you have that 21st man be?

It would probably be handy to have a “flex” player that can play forward or defense. So if you lose a forward or defenseman, he can step right in regardless of which position it was. 

1. Has your player reached your expectations so far in S85?

2. Are you molding your player after anyone? If so who? If not, what unique build are you going for?

3. Do you prefer to visit places that are hot, or cold? Why is this your preference?

1. Has your player reached your expectations so far in S85?

Absolutely.  Leading the team in goals the last I looked and generally being the offensive force he is intended to be.

2. Are you molding your player after anyone? If so who? If not, what unique build are you going for?

Really just following my GM's advice.  

3. Do you prefer to visit places that are hot, or cold? Why is this your preference?

Neither really.  I've gotten old enough that I prefer a fairly mild version of both.

1.  What is your favorite meat?  Beef, pork, lamb, ....?

2.  What is the most unusual pet you have ever shared your life with?

3.  Do you think a baseball player would adapt to hockey better than a hockey player adapting to baseball?  Your reasoning?

1 - I'm vegetarian, so none of the above. As a Buffalo kid, though, my favorite pre-vegetarian was chicken.

2 - Hedgehog for sure. Have had 2. One, unfortunately, died earlier this year. She was a sweet little thing.

3 - Hockey player would easily adapt to baseball better than vice versa. Just skating by itself is a skill that I'm guessing most baseball players would lack.

Q1 - Hey buddy....how's your week going, big guy? You doing okay?

Q2 - What's your favorite activity to gain TPE for in this league, and why? Pressers, written media, graphics, etc. 

Q3 - Does your current player have a background story?

On 9/28/2022 at 11:10 AM, der meister said:

Q1 - Hey buddy....how's your week going, big guy? You doing okay?

Yes! First exam of grad school went well last week, second one coming up...making new friends and getting used to life and such. No complaints.

Q2 - What's your favorite activity to gain TPE for in this league, and why? Pressers, written media, graphics, etc.

When I have time, there's nothing like a good article. I like to think I'm good at going above and beyond and it's nice when that's recognized.

Q3 - Does your current player have a background story?

This is as far as I've gotten into it. I haven't been completely sure how to integrate the Seinfeld bit, but I also don't write about my own player much.

1. Forget being screwed over--has STHS ever done something that it shouldn't in your favor?

2. Which country's food do you think is the best and why?

3. It's the trade deadline, and the S87 players are on the way! What do you think the league could use from its newest draft class?

1. Forget being screwed over--has STHS ever done something that it shouldn't in your favor?

STHS has never done a thing for anyone. lol

I love the food everywhere I've been, but I have to give the nod to France for consistently great eats.  I think it's because they care so dang much about food and make it a higher priority.

3. It's the trade deadline, and the S87 players are on the way! What do you think the league could use from its newest draft class?

Lots of goals.  Everyone loves scoring.

1.  What is your favorite kind of music to listen to?

2.  What is the oddest sport you've ever played?

3.  What kind of cheese goes best on a hamburger to make the ultimate cheeseburger?

19 minutes ago, KC15 said:

STHS has never done a thing for anyone. lol

I love the food everywhere I've been, but I have to give the nod to France for consistently great eats.  I think it's because they care so dang much about food and make it a higher priority.

Lots of goals.  Everyone loves scoring.

1.  What is your favorite kind of music to listen to?

2.  What is the oddest sport you've ever played?

3.  What kind of cheese goes best on a hamburger to make the ultimate cheeseburger?

1. I like Emo/Punk Rock kind of music from the early 2000's.

2. Very interesting question, probably the combination of spike ball and kan jam in the pool, which we somehow morphed into one game.

3. I am a simple american cheese guy usually, but I do love cheddar on my burgers as well for the extra sizzle.

1. With Halloween coming up, what was the coolest costume you have ever worn?

2. What is your go to place for take out food?

3. What is a place you have been to, that you have no desire to ever return to and why?

6 minutes ago, Arce said:

1. I like Emo/Punk Rock kind of music from the early 2000's.

2. Very interesting question, probably the combination of spike ball and kan jam in the pool, which we somehow morphed into one game.

3. I am a simple american cheese guy usually, but I do love cheddar on my burgers as well for the extra sizzle.

1. With Halloween coming up, what was the coolest costume you have ever worn?

2. What is your go to place for take out food?

3. What is a place you have been to, that you have no desire to ever return to and why?

1 - I dressed up as Maxwell Smart in elementary school. Even had a shoe phone.

2 - Local Thai place, but honestly the tiny town I more or less live in has all sorts of incredible restaurants. Multiple Ramen bars, Middle Eastern, Greek, Tapas, Ethiopian... It's kind of a food heaven.

3 - Tennessee. Because **** Tennessee.

1 - I'm really struggling this morning with motivation. What's one tip you can offer to power through a task when you don't feel like it?

2 - What if God was One of Us?

3 - What's the last concert you went to? I'm taking my 15 year old to their first concert soon - we're seeing Regina Spektor 

On 10/3/2022 at 9:20 AM, der meister said:

1 - I dressed up as Maxwell Smart in elementary school. Even had a shoe phone.

2 - Local Thai place, but honestly the tiny town I more or less live in has all sorts of incredible restaurants. Multiple Ramen bars, Middle Eastern, Greek, Tapas, Ethiopian... It's kind of a food heaven.

3 - Tennessee. Because **** Tennessee.

1 - I'm really struggling this morning with motivation. What's one tip you can offer to power through a task when you don't feel like it?

2 - What if God was One of Us?

3 - What's the last concert you went to? I'm taking my 15 year old to their first concert soon - we're seeing Regina Spektor 

1. I too am feeling lazy this morning, but my motivation is always I refuse to click the welfare button, and getting the max weekly earning is worth it.

2. Just a slob like one of us, Just a stranger on the bus, Tryin' to make his way home?

3. The last concert I attended was Hawthorne Heights and Senses Fail, it was a great show.

1. What is your name?

2. What is your quest?

3. What… is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?