Answer 3, Ask 3

McWolf

Answers:

whats your favorite position in hockey to watch or play and why?

Always liked watching the goalies, played a little goalie when friends and I would play roller hockey.

If you could not play for your current team, where would you like to play?

Maybe I would hang out in Davos.

What is your top favourite logo from each league? Including the E.

For VHL I would say Prague, for the VHLE I would say Rome, and for the VHLM I would say The Kings.

Questions

How is your team doing?  Are you on track to make playoffs?

What is the number 1 thing your player needs to improve upon?

Do you have a unique tape color or do you stick with a basic black or white?

Nope! Toronto is a lock for the sixteenth team in the league.

I need to get more attributes in passing and skating before making the VHL.

I can't remember when I started doing this, maybe in middle school, but I've always liked red and black stripes on the blade.

Questions: 
Do you base your attributes off successful VHL players?

What do you think of the VHL's general activity away from Discord?
Do you have a favorite TV show right now?

8 hours ago, Peace said:

Nope! Toronto is a lock for the sixteenth team in the league.

I need to get more attributes in passing and skating before making the VHL.

I can't remember when I started doing this, maybe in middle school, but I've always liked red and black stripes on the blade.

Questions: 
Do you base your attributes off successful VHL players?

What do you think of the VHL's general activity away from Discord?
Do you have a favorite TV show right now?

Answers:

1) No I do not follow a specific successful VHL build. Unfortunately I just follow the meta build and hope for the best.

2) Activity seems to fluctuate quite a bit. Right now I would say activity is fairly high but it could always be better. 
3) My all time favourite is Lost but a few I’m watching at the moment are Squid Game, TWD final season and rewatching the office.

Questions

1) Why do you think teams with lesser talent and skill are doing so well in the VHL the past couple seasons? Is it skill or luck?

2) Which VHL franchise would you never want to play for?

3) Are you into the podcast game? Any recommendations?

1) Why do you think teams with lesser talent and skill are doing so well in the VHL the past couple seasons? Is it skill or luck?

I think it's just STHS' design flaws coming to light, it's time for a new sim engine for frak sakes.

2) Which VHL franchise would you never want to play for?

Invasive question, I do have a two-team list but I'd rather keep that to myself.

3) Are you into the podcast game? Any recommendations?

Did a podcast, I really enjoyed it, want to participate in more. I don't really have any recommendations.

My questions: 

1. If the league switched to a new sim engine -- or tested a new sim engine for a season or two -- what sim engine would you prefer? [EHM, FMH4, 5, 6, 7... 8?]

2. When did you join the league? What season was it?

3. Who was the first person to give you help/guide you around when you first registered on the forum?

1. If the league switched to a new sim engine -- or tested a new sim engine for a season or two -- what sim engine would you prefer? [EHM, FMH4, 5, 6, 7... 8?]

EHM. 

2. When did you join the league? What season was it?

2007, Season 1 (Member #21)

3. Who was the first person to give you help/guide you around when you first registered on the forum?

@scotty

1. Name one North Amercian and one "World" city who need VHL teams.

2. What does your typical Sunday look like?

3. What NHL player do you model your player after? What stat is your player not doing to match this player.

1. Name one North Amercian and one "World" city who need VHL teams.

I feel like most of the NA teams are East or West coast or close to it, we need to fill in the middle more.  I'm not sure about Canadian cities, but another team in the midwest or eastern Rocky Mountain area of the US would be good. Places like St Louis, Nashville, Dallas, Denver.    For world, I'm not sure what European hockey countries are not represented yet, but somewhere in Macedonia.  They probably love hockey, maybe.

2. What does your typical Sunday look like?

Sunday is a big chillaxin day, unless we have a game prep.  I always try to catch the F1 race if one is on.

3. What NHL player do you model your player after? What stat is your player not doing to match this player.

Jerome Iginla.  Um my player sucks so he's not doing much to be like Iginla. 

1. Do you think your team will be making any teals as the trade deadline approaches?
2.  Are you surprised at how your team has been performing, or are you doing about as expected?
3. Fantasy creatures came up in discord today, what is your favorite mythical/fantasy creature?

1. Do you think your team will be making any teals as the trade deadline approaches?

• I would have to image so. The Stars made one deal once we looked out of contention but nothing since then. As the deadline approaches, I think teams will offer more and we will accept less.

2.  Are you surprised at how your team has been performing, or are you doing about as expected?

• It largely comes down to our crappy shooting percentage. I haven't seen a team score this little while shooting so much. Personally, my point streak is pretty insane.

3. Fantasy creatures came up in discord today, what is your favorite mythical/fantasy creature?

• Griffins are my favorite. Pretty simply eagle plus lion equals freaking awesome!

1. What is your feeling about the VHLE's first season so far?

2. We used to have an all-star game live stream. What should we do, if anything to have an all-star game?

3. What are your favorite burger toppings?

1.     What is your feeling about the VHLE's first season so far?

It’s exciting to see all the teams so close in the standings. It still feels like any team can win it all.

2.     We used to have an all-star game live stream. What should we do, if anything to have an all-star game?

I think it was cool to have a live sim in NHL. If it’s not possible to resurrect that, we should just do a sim in STHS with an all-star roster.

3.     What are your favorite burger toppings?

I’m pretty straight forward with the classics. Lettuce, tomato, onions, ketchup, mustard. But there’s a ton of stuff that works on a burger, so you can’t really go wrong.

Ask 3

1)    What has surprised you the most about the season so far?

2)    Does your player’s performance meet your expectations? Why or why not?

3)    If you could add any superhero to your roster, who would you add and why?

1)    What has surprised you the most about the season so far?

I wasn't expecting Vancouver to be this good, this quickly. They've really seemed to hit on something here.

2)    Does your player’s performance meet your expectations? Why or why not?

Definitely, so far. Save percentage is high, have won a decent amount of my games. I'm feeling good about this season thus far.

3)    If you could add any superhero to your roster, who would you add and why?

Thinking outside the box, can Aquaman have control on ice as well as he can water? Because I feel like that one could get very interesting, very quickly.

Questions:

1. What crazy concept would you want to try for a future VHL player, just to see how it does?

2. What VHL team do you want to play for that you haven't yet?

3. What's your favorite hockey stadium concession stand item?

2 hours ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

1)    What has surprised you the most about the season so far?

I wasn't expecting Vancouver to be this good, this quickly. They've really seemed to hit on something here.

2)    Does your player’s performance meet your expectations? Why or why not?

Definitely, so far. Save percentage is high, have won a decent amount of my games. I'm feeling good about this season thus far.

3)    If you could add any superhero to your roster, who would you add and why?

Thinking outside the box, can Aquaman have control on ice as well as he can water? Because I feel like that one could get very interesting, very quickly.

Questions:

1. What crazy concept would you want to try for a future VHL player, just to see how it does?

2. What VHL team do you want to play for that you haven't yet?

3. What's your favorite hockey stadium concession stand item?

Answers:

1: I wish the league had more versatility when it came to builds. It would be so much fun to actually build a playmaker rather than just a scorer all the time.

2. I have only played for a few but I think my top choices would be…Prague, Riga or Warsaw.

3. I am a big fan of arena soft serve ice cream or nachos!

Questions

1. Which team is the better purple and why? Prague or Davos?

2. If you had to rebrand the VHL what would your name for it be?

3. What is one thing you miss most about life before Covid?

On 10/11/2021 at 7:36 PM, Ricer13 said:

Answers:

1: I wish the league had more versatility when it came to builds. It would be so much fun to actually build a playmaker rather than just a scorer all the time.

2. I have only played for a few but I think my top choices would be…Prague, Riga or Warsaw.

3. I am a big fan of arena soft serve ice cream or nachos!

Questions

1. Which team is the better purple and why? Prague or Davos?

2. If you had to rebrand the VHL what would your name for it be?

3. What is one thing you miss most about life before Covid?

Answers:

1. Davos, Prague's logo is too E sportsy.  Davis is classic looking and feels more hockey.

2. Virtual Hockey League

3. Not wearing masks.

Questions:

1. The NHL season has started, which teams are you liking the look of so far?

2. Are you having fun with your player this season? 

3. Which VHL team do you think has been a disappointment so far?

19 hours ago, v.2 said:

Questions:

1. The NHL season has started, which teams are you liking the look of so far?

2. Are you having fun with your player this season? 

3. Which VHL team do you think has been a disappointment so far?

Answers:

1. As a Capitals fan I'm obviously going to say, the Caps. However in general from the start of the season I think a couple of other teams have looked pretty solid, I know everyone is in love with Colorado and they seem to have the ability to turn it on for even minutes in a game and score multiple goals. That can be scary. I'll say regardless of team, goalies are probably not liking the look so far, holy goal scoring. 

2. Sure why not. He's having an alright season, career season it will be I imagine and from a Devise player perspective he's not doing that bad really. I just hate that I took 0 PIMs with 70 discipline in my first season without ever adding to checking and then randomly was a PIM machine last season while boosting it to 80 and again this season while it's toned down I still got several. The logic behind it? I digress, I'm scoring, London is fighting for the fringe so it's SORT of as expected for Sven. 

3. Us. Lead into that I guess but I kinda thought we'd sneak or steal a few more wins from big times and not get blown out so much. I feel like with the way VHL team morale works those blow outs and losing streaks can push a team further and make it harder to climb back out of the fringe. We probably could of stolen some points and been more realistically in the playoffs because of it, but our compete window isn't suffered so it's tough to be too bummed. 

Questions:

1. Barring any drastic injury, do you realistically think that Alex Ovechkin breaks Wayne's NHL goal scoring record?

2. The VHL has to have a team that outdoes @Molholt's Toronto run and competes the 4peat. You get to choose which franchise it has to be, which of the 16 current VHL teams deserves the honor and why? (Remember there are no wrong answers....but if you say Seattle I'll hire Liam Neeson to find you....)

3. What major shake up, with no conditions whatsoever applied (go ham) would you make to change the VHL for the better (or hell, for the worse it's your answer.) 

2 hours ago, Devise said:

Questions:

1. Barring any drastic injury, do you realistically think that Alex Ovechkin breaks Wayne's NHL goal scoring record?

2. The VHL has to have a team that outdoes @Molholt's Toronto run and competes the 4peat. You get to choose which franchise it has to be, which of the 16 current VHL teams deserves the honor and why? (Remember there are no wrong answers....but if you say Seattle I'll hire Liam Neeson to find you....)

3. What major shake up, with no conditions whatsoever applied (go ham) would you make to change the VHL for the better (or hell, for the worse it's your answer.) 

1. Thats an hard one, I think he will keep us on the edge of our seat for a few more seasons and it will be a lot of fun to watch closely but unfortunately I think the time will catch him and he will have to retire close to the record.

2. I'm not sure to understand that one but I'll just say Prague

3. I'd make it harder to get your attributes to 99 to get more diversified builds and actually reward the ones who put the most efforts into it.

Questions:

1. What is the best hockey movie?

2. Who is your favorite hockey player and why?

3. What is the most memorable thing you've seen about hockey?

1. What is the best hockey movie?

I would have to say Mighty Ducks, but I don't think I've seen any hockey movies outside that franchise.

2. Who is your favorite hockey player and why?

Joe Sakic, grew up watching the golden age of the Avalanche and he was the leader.

3. What is the most memorable thing you've seen about hockey?

At a Blues game and the guy in front of me yelled "THAT A BOY CARLO, PASTA HOUSE COUPON!"

Questions

You wake up in jail, which teammate or teammates are in there with you?

Are you the superstitious type of hockey player?

What do you put into the perfect omelet?

Answers:

No offense to le Massif, but I envision Bob Tristan and Over Dyrdahl in the cell with me.

No just a little stitious. Use different color tape on the left leg and right leg.

My stock answer is a western omelet, ham, onion, pepper, cheese. That’s what I call perfect. But now as I’m typing that, I’m thinking I order so many other types of omelets, maybe there’s no such thing as perfection when it comes to omelets.

Questions:

1)      F*ck, Marry, Kill: VHL, VHLE, VHLM. Please explain your answer (if possible)

2)      You’re given $1 million dollars, but you have to spend it in one day and it has to be on hockey stuff. What are you buying?

3)      What is your single favorite moment before a game starts?

14 hours ago, Devise said:

No.

The first and only of its kind.

16 hours ago, DMaximus said:

Answers:

No offense to le Massif, but I envision Bob Tristan and Over Dyrdahl in the cell with me.

No just a little stitious. Use different color tape on the left leg and right leg.

My stock answer is a western omelet, ham, onion, pepper, cheese. That’s what I call perfect. But now as I’m typing that, I’m thinking I order so many other types of omelets, maybe there’s no such thing as perfection when it comes to omelets.

Questions:

1)      F*ck, Marry, Kill: VHL, VHLE, VHLM. Please explain your answer (if possible)

2)      You’re given $1 million dollars, but you have to spend it in one day and it has to be on hockey stuff. What are you buying?

3)      What is your single favorite moment before a game starts?

1. Fuck VHLM. It's a one and done kind of thing, not staying there forever. Kill VHLE. I want lower scoring in the VHL, only way to do that is getting rid of the E. Marry VHL, its my long term home, where ill be staying and topping for 8 seasons.

2. Tons of jerseys and team memorabilia, then a ton of cards.

3. The feeling that you know you're gonna win.

QUESTIONS 

1. Who is your VHL idol?

2. If you could play in any era, which would you choose and why?

3. Would you prefer the VHL to have longer careers or stay the way it is?

1. Jeffrey Pines, guy is an absolute beauty.

2. S1 era so I can get 750 goals as a clicker

3. Let people live for as long as they want, depreciation just keeps owning them harder and harder

QUESTIONS 

1. What is the best snack during an intermission?

2. Does your player have any weird superstitions?

3. If any city in the world were to host an expansion team, where would you put it and why?

18 hours ago, rory said:

1. What is the best snack during an intermission?

2. Does your player have any weird superstitions?

3. If any city in the world were to host an expansion team, where would you put it and why?

THREE ANSWERS 

1. Animal crackers have been my go to ever since I signed up to play hockey, kind of a tradition now

2. Not really, just the usual stuff 

3. Definitely Congo, haven't seen a team from there and Africa is huge

THREE QUESTIONS

1. What position has the biggest difference on the sim?

2. Do you enjoy reading articles, checking out graphics or listening to podcasts?

3. Who is your favorite league leader (in any league) and why?

Edited by 16z

On 10/18/2021 at 11:52 PM, 16z said:

THREE ANSWERS 

1. Animal crackers have been my go to ever since I signed up to play hockey, kind of a tradition now

THREE QUESTIONS

2. Do you enjoy reading articles, checking out graphics or listening to podcasts?

6QFP6xO.png

On 10/18/2021 at 10:52 PM, 16z said:

THREE ANSWERS 

THREE QUESTIONS

ANSWERS:

1. It’s really hard to tell at this point which one makes the biggest difference. I’ve seen goalies carry teams to championships but I’ve also seen low tpe goalies do very well with a high amount of 40/90 players on it. I’d bet on a forward with a 40/90 build as the most effective.

2. All of the above! I love Graphics now that I can make them, but I also love to read a good media spot and listen to a great podcast.

3. League leader in what? League leader in points? or a leader who is the face of a team? Tough interpretation. Nathan Perry in Calgary is my choice. Never a point leader but never bitches or complains when others surpass him. Great team player and has had a fairly productive career.

QUESTIONS:

1. Chicago vs. Vancouver face off in a playoff series tomorrow, who wins and why?

2. Who is your favourite of the European teams to make it to the final this season?

3. Is the VHL your only sim league? If not, what else are you involved in and what is your favourite?

On 10/20/2021 at 10:12 PM, Ricer13 said:

1. Chicago vs. Vancouver face off in a playoff series tomorrow, who wins and why?

Vancouver has the gimmick working for them, but I believe Chicago is the most well-rounded team and that could help them in a 7-game series.

2. Who is your favourite of the European teams to make it to the final this season?

It might be the easy way out because they are currently leading the European Conference, but I do think Moscow are doing great, and I believe they'll be able to keep that going in the playoffs.

3. Is the VHL your only sim league? If not, what else are you involved in and what is your favourite?

The VHL is the one I'm the most involved with, easily my favourite, but I also have active players in the EFL, SBA and PBE.

Question 1. Who is your favourite for MVP this season?

Question 2. What team has been the most surprising this season? Apart from like Vancouver.

Question 3. What do you have planned for your next player?

2 hours ago, McWolf said:

Question 1. Who is your favourite for MVP this season?

Question 2. What team has been the most surprising this season? Apart from like Vancouver.

Question 3. What do you have planned for your next player?

1. I think people will argue Nousainen just because Vancouver has too many good players

2. Going to go a somewhat different way here, It's surprising that Riga isn't in a playoff spot right now

3. Not really sure what I'd do for my next player. Maybe a goalie? If it's not a goalie it'll end up being another 40 99 slave

edit: im supposed to ask 3
1. what's your favourite VHL city?

2. If you went back in time to the time of the dinosaurs could you eat a whole dinosaur in 2 weeks?

3. What would you think about team's having like an owner system where the owner can hire/fire gm's.

Edited by Nykonax

1. Calgary
2. Probably not.
3. I'm I would not oppose of the idea, but it's not something that fits the VHL.

Questions:

1. Do you play any musical instruments? 
2. Do you have any hobbies you'd say are less common than others?
3. How fun would you rate the VHL?