Answer 3, Ask 3

McWolf

2 hours ago, 16z said:

1] What is your favorite "not so useful" skill? Why?? (Experience, penalty shots, leadership, fighting, discipline)

Fighting, my last player I loved playing the goon so fighting would definitely fit the role, otherwise I hate discipline.

2] What's the funniest thing you've done or seen during a game or practice that would make the VHL blooper reel?

Wiping out into the boards after celebrating a goal

3] Which type of player would be your Robin? Do you enjoy playing with passers, physical players, scorers, two-way or defenders??

My current player, probably a defensive defenseman, someone that will help me out in our zone and keep the puck out.

Questions:

1. Did your player go to any school to further their education before the VHL?

2. Who is a player you think is wildly overrated in the NHL?

3. What offseason activity in the VHL is your favorite?

1. Did your player go to any school to further their education before the VHL?

No, Luc was too eager to get to his professional hockey career.

2. Who is a player you think is wildly overrated in the NHL?

I really couldn't say.  

3. What offseason activity in the VHL is your favorite?
I really don't like the offseason, but the World Cup is actually pretty cool.

1.  Does your player have a role model in or out of hockey?

2.  Does anyone else have a pair of teammates who rate every team member on their performance for the year in a podcast?

3.  How many sim leagues are you in and is that really the right number for you?

1.  Does your player have a role model in or out of hockey?

Outside of hockey it would definitely be Gheorghe Hagi. He is a hero to all of us here in Romania, and transcends the sport of football. In hockey, I'd have to say Alexander Mogilny. He paved the way for European players in professional hockey.

2.  Does anyone else have a pair of teammates who rate every team member on their performance for the year in a podcast?

This seems like an oddly specific question, and to be honest, I'm not sure who are the two that do it currently. I'm going to say no, but I'd definitely like to see more people do it!

3.  How many sim leagues are you in and is that really the right number for you?

I'm just in VHL right now, but I have tried my hand in SBA, EFL, and SHL. Even with the Affiliate PTs I can't seem to stay consistent in those other leagues, so I would say 1 is the right number for me, here in the VHL. 

1. What city has the best fans in the VHL universe?

2. If you could add one thing to the "player store" - what would it be?

3. What is more important to a team's success - drafting, or free agency?

1. Probably Seattle since the dynasty. 
2. If I could add one thing, I still think I'd add purchasable career extensions even if your player is TPE ineffective.

3. I'd say drafting. Free agency is unreliable and doesn't guarantee growth.

Questions:

1. Which draft are you looking forward to the most? VHLM, VHLE or VHL?
2. Did any of the recent trades surprise you?
3. Where do you think top free agents go?

1 hour ago, Peace said:

1. Probably Seattle since the dynasty. 
2. If I could add one thing, I still think I'd add purchasable career extensions even if your player is TPE ineffective.

3. I'd say drafting. Free agency is unreliable and doesn't guarantee growth.

Questions:

1. Which draft are you looking forward to the most? VHLM, VHLE or VHL?
2. Did any of the recent trades surprise you?
3. Where do you think top free agents go?

1. The VHL or VHLE depending on if I am called up .

2. The Thadius one I guess 

3. Probably towards Seattle or another top team if they want a quick ring

QUESTIONS:

1. What is your favorite thing to do in the town you live in?

2. Did the WJC results suprise you?

3. Which VHL dynasty do you think is close to falling?

Before the pandemic, playing soccer. After the pandemic, planning on how to move abroad.

I'm not even aware of the results, to be honest. I thought I was gonna play for Europe but then it turned out not to be the case, apparently.

Gonna say the minors, because there isn't one over there, I think.

1. What's your favourite pre-game music?

2. If your player didn't play hockey, what would be his preferred job?

3. If you could come up with a team on any league, which one would it be and where would you place it?

1 hour ago, Thunfish said:

Before the pandemic, playing soccer. After the pandemic, planning on how to move abroad.

I'm not even aware of the results, to be honest. I thought I was gonna play for Europe but then it turned out not to be the case, apparently.

Gonna say the minors, because there isn't one over there, I think.

1. What's your favourite pre-game music?

2. If your player didn't play hockey, what would be his preferred job?

3. If you could come up with a team on any league, which one would it be and where would you place it?

1. The sound of heavy rain hitting a window brother, soothing, relaxing. Right before I go out and score 3 goals.

2. Wrestling, just like his daddy.

3. Prince Edward Island Pirates, a nice little island VHLM team. 

1. Do you prefer dark or light mode on the forums, how about discord?

2. How did you come up with your forum name and player name?

3. Who do you think won the VHL draft and picked the best players?

1. I use light mode on the forums unless its night and my eyes are sore then ill turn on the night mode

2. Knight is usually a player class you cana choose in games and riley was a name of my favorite character in pokemon when i was younger. Weenuk means small penis so, small penis warrior

3. Obviously Toronto legion, I wasn't able to watch the stream and haven't looked at the draft list yet to give a a real answer 

1. What are you plans for the upcoming holidays?

2. Do you have a favorite moment within the VHL?

3. Whos winning the upcoming season in VHL?

6 hours ago, KnightRiley said:

1. I use light mode on the forums unless its night and my eyes are sore then ill turn on the night mode

2. Knight is usually a player class you cana choose in games and riley was a name of my favorite character in pokemon when i was younger. Weenuk means small penis so, small penis warrior

3. Obviously Toronto legion, I wasn't able to watch the stream and haven't looked at the draft list yet to give a a real answer 

1. What are you plans for the upcoming holidays?

2. Do you have a favorite moment within the VHL?

3. Whos winning the upcoming season in VHL?

1. We are taking a family trip to a ski resort where we are staying with other family! Lots of fun, drinking and a beer pong tournament.

2. Winning a championship with Miami ranks high up there. Getting the position as Calgary’s GM too.

3. Whichever team Meta’s the best. Probably Van or Seattle.

Questions

1. What are your thoughts on the league having a meta build?

2. How did you decide your players name?

3. Going to repeat the holiday question cuz it’s that time of year. What are your plans for the holidays!?

Answers

1. What are your thoughts on the league having a meta build?

haha 40 passing 99 scoring go brrrrrr

it is what it is I guess - I think there should be some sort of archetype system implemented but easier said than done.

2. How did you decide your players name?

I put my full name on this name translator website and this was the slovenian "equivalent"

3. Going to repeat the holiday question cuz it’s that time of year. What are your plans for the holidays!?

I've been away from home for 3 months now, so looking forward to seeing my fiance, fiends and family while I'm home.

Questions

1. After McDavid - who is the best player in the NHL right now?

2. If you could only listen to three albums for the rest of your life, which three would they be?

3. What's your go-to Starbucks/coffee shop order?

9 hours ago, kelvi said:

Questions

1. After McDavid - who is the best player in the NHL right now?

Probably MacKinnon but I haven't seen much of him this season, but then again I haven't watch much of the NHL season

2. If you could only listen to three albums for the rest of your life, which three would they be?

Welcome to Horrorwood: The Silver Scream - Nine Ice Kills

Oblivion- 7ru7h

Eternal Atake - Lil Uzi vert

3. What's your go-to Starbucks/coffee shop order?

A coffee with some aspect of blackberry and being decaf

Questions:

1. Could you put in order the amount of hype it receives or attention you pay to each VHL league in order?

2. Have you ever been to the gas station Sheetz?

3. What's a weird saying your teacher would use to try and help you remember something (For example my math teacher says when you have a negative exponent to "shove the kids in the basement")

1. Could you put in order the amount of hype it receives or attention you pay to each VHL league in order?

VHL->VHLM->VHLE

A Board Game has no time to stock up on gas nor has any need for it

3. What's a weird saying your teacher would use to try and help you remember something (For example my math teacher says when you have a negative exponent to "shove the kids in the basement")

The only thing I remember a teacher doing was telling me I was wrong when I said Leeds legend Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink's real first name was Herrel. 

Questions

1. If you were to have a graphic for your player, who would you want on it?

2. After Clue the board game, what inanimate object do you think would stand the highest chance of success in the VHL?

3. If you weren't going to go with the current name of your player, what name would you go with?

16 hours ago, MubbleFubbles said:

VHL->VHLM->VHLE

A Board Game has no time to stock up on gas nor has any need for it

The only thing I remember a teacher doing was telling me I was wrong when I said Leeds legend Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink's real first name was Herrel. 

Questions

1. If you were to have a graphic for your player, who would you want on it?

2. After Clue the board game, what inanimate object do you think would stand the highest chance of success in the VHL?

3. If you weren't going to go with the current name of your player, what name would you go with?

1. My current player I would like to have Meghan Agosta as my render.

2. I am not sure I understand this question. The rope?

3. Probably an alternate first name with my actual last name. My first player was Kris Rice. So something Rice lol

1. The VHL Christmas event is a ton of fun. What charity would you like to see any proceeds donated too?

2. What VHL merch item would you like for Christmas?

3. Do you like this current format of ask 3, answer 3? What other ways could we do this?

1. The VHL Christmas event is a ton of fun. What charity would you like to see any proceeds donated too?

I imagine I'd suggest donating to any charity that fights for a cure for cancer.

2. What VHL merch item would you like for Christmas?

I don't think I want any gifts for Christmas. It's an event to spend with your folks and loved ones... and my folks usually don't spend it with me so I'm already kinda out of luck.

3. Do you like this current format of ask 3, answer 3? What other ways could we do this?

I think it's nice but I kinda wished it was open for you to answer to whatever questions you like from the thread itself, it'd be funny.

1. How do you plan to spend your Christmas (assuming you celebrate it) and your New Year?

2. Do you like the month of December? What does it bring to your head?

3. Any perspectives on what you want to do next year?

1. How do you plan to spend your Christmas (assuming you celebrate it) and your New Year?

I plan to spend my time with family and friends. Most likely I will go to a party and have lots of food and drink!

2. Do you like the month of December? What does it bring to your head?

Everytime this time of year usually makes me sad, but this year it was actually much more pleasant so I hope it is better overall!

3. Any perspectives on what you want to do next year?

I want to become a better defenseman. I am hoping to get to 90 DEF by end of season.

1. Do you have a food from your country that you feel best represents you?

2. Any early picks for the VHL championship?

3. How do you think the two newest VHLE teams will do in comparison to the old teams?

1 hour ago, Vice said:

1. Do you have a food from your country that you feel best represents you?

2. Any early picks for the VHL championship?

3. How do you think the two newest VHLE teams will do in comparison to the old teams?

Answers:

1. The legendary poutine!!!

2. I think Moscow is a strong contender but my heart goes with Malmo!

3. With the way the expansion was handled, I think they both opted for a long term plan and I don't think they can compete for now but give them 1 or 2 seasons and they'll be contenders.

Questions:

1. It's almost Christmas, what are your plans for this year?

2. Did you buy anything interesting on black friday?

3. Which VHL team is surprising you the most this season?

1. It's almost Christmas, what are your plans for this year?

Honestly I have no plans, there's no money in the budget for a festive holiday unfortunately. I think the most we'll do is a family dinner.

2. Did you buy anything interesting on black friday?

I guess the steam sale counts, maybe? If so I purchased Barotrauma so I could play with a couple friends.

3. Which VHL team is surprising you the most this season?

Mine so far!

Questions: 

1. Keeping with the Christmas theme... what are some of the most memorable traditions you have? 

2. Winter is much more than Christmas or December, it also signifies the start of the Olympics. Are you excited that NHL players are welcomed back into the upcoming Winter Olympics this time around? 

3. Which country will you be cheering for during the 2022 Olympics?

1. Keeping with the Christmas theme... what are some of the most memorable traditions you have? 
Most important to me is the Christmas Day worship service.  It just feels so authentic.  No hype.  Just celebration of the birth of my Savior.

2. Winter is much more than Christmas or December, it also signifies the start of the Olympics. Are you excited that NHL players are welcomed back into the upcoming Winter Olympics this time around? 
I haven't really followed Olympics like I used to.  Maybe this year. 

3. Which country will you be cheering for during the 2022 Olympics?
USA - the Nordic Countries - France - Swtizerland - Anyone from a warm weather country who is "giving it the old college try" in a winter sport.

Questions

1.  What position is your "favorite" on ice and why?

2.  What was the last hockey game you watched live and in-person.

3.  Do you have a favorite NHL head coach?

5 hours ago, KC15 said:

Questions

1.  What position is your "favorite" on ice and why?

I always loved goalie, I wanted to play that position but because of the price it was quickly shot down, and replaced with defenseman lol.

2.  What was the last hockey game you watched live and in-person.

At pro level an ECHL game, the Indy Fuel home opener, in general my brothers game where they almost blew a 7-1 lead but tied 7-7

3.  Do you have a favorite NHL head coach?

Dave Hakstol is my favorite from when he was coaching in North Dakota for college hockey and now he's in Seattle, sucks that they suck.

Questions:

1. Which hockey event whether national or just in the NHL is your favorite?

2. Do you like Black Friday shopping or Christmas shopping better?

3. What injury seems to be the most common injury in hockey? or any sport?

1 hour ago, N0HBDY said:

Questions:

1. Which hockey event whether national or just in the NHL is your favorite?

2. Do you like Black Friday shopping or Christmas shopping better?

3. What injury seems to be the most common injury in hockey? or any sport?

1. One of my favorite was watching the Penguins beat the Predators to win the cup, I couldn't stop smiling.

2. I don't do much of either, but occasionally there will be some good black friday deals that intrigue me.

3. Among most sports, minor injuries seem the be the most common and in hockey its always "upper body". Whatever that is.

1. What do you think of VHL speedrunning? Who will hold the record in 1 month?

2. Predict the next 3 cup winners and explain why?

3. How does your team celebrate a win? What happens after a loss?

19 hours ago, Hogan said:

1. What do you think of VHL speedrunning? Who will hold the record in 1 month?

2. Predict the next 3 cup winners and explain why?

3. How does your team celebrate a win? What happens after a loss?

1. I think it's pretty wild, I usually seem to end up claiming things later in the week, so to see people max-earning in less than 20 minutes is absolutely insane. As for who will hold the record... I have a hard time seeing anyone beating Hogan's time, but I'd love to see someone do it in less than ten minutes.

2. I feel like Carolina, Tampa Bay, and Florida will win cups in the next three years, not in any particular order. Carolina just seems to get better and better in spite of making roster decisions that frankly make no sense, and I think Rod Brind'Amour is a fantastic coach that is making it happen for the Bunch of Jerks. Tampa Bay is still loaded and Vasilesky (I know I spelled that wrong) is better than ever, I feel like they're gonna get another one, maybe even a third in a row. Florida, despite losing Quenneville to no fault of their own, still has one hell of a roster, and I feel like that's a team that has the talent to win it all as well. Maybe in another year or so to settle into new leadership.

3. Expectations weren't exactly super high in Toronto to start the season, so to have the type of success we've had so far has the whole team super hyped. It's great for us to see what's in store for us in the future, especially as our prospects continue to make strides. There's a lot of rookies having phenomenal seasons for us, so for a season where our primary objective is growth, it's been a smashing success. When the losses came, we just shrugged it off and the hype remains in full swing in Toronto. Spirits are very high.

1. It feels like there are way more shots per game this season in the VHL, what's your thoughts on why that is?

2. What's the most underrated build in the VHL?

3. Most overrated NHL team right now?

On 11/7/2021 at 7:25 PM, Ricer13 said:

If someone made you a sig right now, who would be your render choice and why?

the character, bubbles, from powerpuff girls. i chose a fictional character name for my player partly because it makes writing career tasks easier and partly because i don't know enough about hockey to choose a render for graphics

On 11/28/2021 at 10:45 AM, Ricer13 said:

Do you like this current format of ask 3, answer 3?

press conferences are my favorite point task. it gives me a space (with boundaries, i.e., the questions) to give a piece of myself to the site. i don't, however, like the questions pertaining to the team i play for. i'm not really attached to my player or team, so predictions for the league or how my player is performing are kind of boring. i like this format because it gives me a chance to move outside the bounds of a team press conference.

On 11/29/2021 at 2:01 PM, Hogan said:

What do you think of VHL speedrunning?

i think it's fun, and i'm a bit jealous that other people can complete their tasks so quickly. it takes me a good chunk of time to write/record the content i post (not because it's high quality, but because i work slowly and am picky with myself). i hope they keep happening, though, it's a cool way to interact with each other.

1. why do you stay in the vhl? what about it is appealing to you?

2. what's your favorite way to engage with community members? commenting on forum posts? chatting in a team discord? venturing to gen chat? why do you prefer that method?

3. what's your favorite thing about yourself, either as a person or from the perspective of your player?

On 12/2/2021 at 8:50 PM, fishy said:

1. why do you stay in the vhl? what about it is appealing to you?

2. what's your favorite way to engage with community members? commenting on forum posts? chatting in a team discord? venturing to gen chat? why do you prefer that method?

3. what's your favorite thing about yourself, either as a person or from the perspective of your player?

1. I love the community of the VHL. I have come to meet and know so many good people here. I really enjoy the league as a whole as well. Having the opportunity to do so many different things. From having a player, managing a team or running a tournament there is so much to be involved in.

2. Team Discord I like because I am bringing members into a little world I have created that I am comfortable in. I am more myself and seem to build much better bonds with people there. I also enjoy extra curricular activities like Town of Salem, Chess Tournaments or Movie nights because I get to meet new people through these as well.

3.  I don’t usually like to have the centre of attention on me. I like how passionate I can be. It’s a blessing and a curse really because I’ll go to bat for anyone who I respect and care for but as soon as I feel betrayed, I have a hard time playing nice.

Questions:

1) If you could create a sim league that was anything other than the big sports (hockey, football, basketball, baseball or soccer) what would you create? 
2.) How loyal are you? At what point in your career do you decide enough is enough an ask to be traded? Or do you stick through it through thick and thin?

3) Shout out a member in this league you admire. What have they done for you to think so highly of them?

3 hours ago, Ricer13 said:

1) If you could create a sim league that was anything other than the big sports (hockey, football, basketball, baseball or soccer) what would you create? 
2.) How loyal are you? At what point in your career do you decide enough is enough an ask to be traded? Or do you stick through it through thick and thin?

3) Shout out a member in this league you admire. What have they done for you to think so highly of them?

1) It would be F1, it could be fun to upgrade your cars and watch them race in live stream sim.

2) Thats an hard question, it just depend of the situation I guess.

3) @samx just because she's fun to have around

Questions:

1) What is the biggest surprise in the VHL this season?

2) How many cats is too many cats?

3) What is the best thing during holidays?

1. from what ive seen the team saying, toronto being ontop i geuss

2. two is enough dont need more.

3.  All the food and eating lol

1. Is your team doing as good/bad as you thought they would 

2. Whats your favorite thing to eat during the holdays

3. Outside the VHL what do you do?