S79 Trivia Week 5 Answers

Victor

• Admin

1. Who is the all-time highest playoff scorer not in the HOF?

Although he didn't quite make the HOF ballot, a Kanou Trophy in his last season and a 3rd cup must have been a career well spent for Uhtred @leafsmanHe's 5th all-time in playoff games played thanks to playing for the playoff juggernaughts that are Seattle and Warsaw but still managed a point-per-game pace with 99 points, only behind the quintet of Campbell, Chershenko, Locke, Cornerstone, and O'Malley. Quite some company to keep and Uhtred will probably hang on to this title for a while.

2. Of the current 16 VHL GMs, how many are their franchise's all-time longest serving (multiple stints included)?

It seems the majority have gotten this wrong this week as the answer is 9 rather than 8. Bana and hedge go without saying, while Jeff, Eno, d_a, Josh, and McWolf are the only ones to GM their franchises. The 8th is Gustav who is in the lead at just 10 seasons in a franchise known for high GM turnover (with mixed results). But the 9th is Peace, tied with Molholt, Sandro, Boychuk and Knight at 10 seasons apiece and about to overtake them all for the all-time Toronto lead.

• Admin
  • Admin

I'd definitely argue that Toronto tie. I didn't include this season purposefully, since this season isn't fully completed so Peace doesn't have 10 full seasons under his belt. And seems like my interpretation was the common one too.

Edited by CowboyinAmerica

• Admin
1 minute ago, hedgehog337 said:

Is he THE longest serving though? He will be after next season, but now he is just tied so I'm not really sure if that qualifies. 

Ultimately, the option to clarify is there and it was used: https://vhlforum.com/topic/107745-s79-trivia-week-5/?do=findComment&comment=870753

Trivia giveth and trivia taketh away

10 minutes ago, Victor said:

Ultimately, the option to clarify is there and it was used: https://vhlforum.com/topic/107745-s79-trivia-week-5/?do=findComment&comment=870753

Trivia giveth and trivia taketh away

still doesn't changes thing for me, I just don't see him as the longest serving gm before the end of S80. But you do you.

• Admin
2 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

still doesn't changes thing for me, I just don't see him as the longest serving gm before the end of S80. But you do you.

At the very least he'd be longest serving as soon as this off-season starts (being the start of his 11th season). But a tie is still a tie for top.

I agree with the rest. I looked at it and had people double check just in case. Lmao

I didn't consider this season over yet, so I wasn't even counting this season. The season ends when the VHL's season ends, when it gets to off-season.

Peace: 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 (9 seasons)

Knight: 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 (10 seasons)