Sam talks about vhlm locker rooms for way too long

samx

Ricer gave me the idea to talk about every locker room I am in. So here is me just talking a lot of nonsense for the next 2000 words. I promise it is a lot of fun. You will really enjoy reading it I promise.

VHLM TEAMS

Yukon Rush:

The first-ever locker room I was in. I was very scared of everyone to be completely honest. Cow was Gm at the time and Ricer was his AGM. I will not lie to you Ricer was so aggressive for literally no reason and I love to make fun of him for it. We were talking about the NHL and I was sharing my opinion of jack Hughes but Mr. Ricer over here thought I was trash-talking Quinn Hughes and was NOT happy. He was getting so mad. I had been in the league for like an hour and this dude is over here getting angered about something that was so dumb. I learned very quickly: do not trash talk to anyone with the same last name as a player on the canucks or you will get yelled at. Recently Yukon has added a trivia bot and it has taught me three things: 1 I’m really bad at trivia, 2 Diamond Ace is good at trivia, 3 Jb is an answer thief. Besides that Yukon will always have a special place in my heart because it was my first team.

Mexico city kings:

To be completely honest I don’t remember. I was traded there at the deadline my first season but didn’t really talk or anything there. I just continued to be annoying in Yukon instead. I have no memory of the actual first time I was in there. At that time I was nervous talking to people.. Who am I kidding I still am but I don’t think I said more than like 5 words in there because I didn’t know anyone and I was too nervous to talk to anyone. I left the server for a while and came back when Loser became Gm. He gave me a sam role and a chicken nugget emoji so I’m a happy sam. I haven’t talked a lot in there so still don’t have an opinion.

Las Vegas Aces:

My first time in there spartan was still the gm of the Aces. This is another team I don’t remember much about being in there. I honestly couldn’t even tell you why I was invited in there. I never played there or anything so it is a mystery. I don’t even know that I really talked in there ever. I think I was just there to be there. I left the LR when I went on my break and then forced Jiggs to let me back in and give me a Sam role as I do with most gms. I enjoyed the fact that they have a shut the fuck up channel it may be the best channel out there. I remember confusing Jiggs on the first day I joined cause it was the like 3rd to last locker room I needed to be in all VHLM ones and he was confused as to why I was so excited. I would be confused too if I was him

Ottawa Lynx:

I remember when I joined it was fairly quiet. I also remember 16z kicked me out like a day after he invited me… thanks for that… I didn't have a huge first impression 16z scared me for a bit there. They now have a chicken nugget emoji and gave me a Sam role so I think I won him over, to be honest. All I do is spam nuggets in their general chat because what else am I supposed to do? Have conversations? Who does that when you can just talk in chicken nuggets. I liked when JB was AGM so I could talk about how he stole so many things from me. Cool locker room who deals with me so I guess that’s a win. Side note I like their logo for no real reason I just like animals and it’s cute.

Mississauga Hounds:

The team that I can never spell. Not even joking I have to think like I’m writing Mississippi to write Mississauga or else I can’t do it. I think I joined when I started playing there. That was a fun experience. Z was the gm. I got out one of my favorite articles I have ever written called the lying gm. Maybe the best article I ever wrote?? That’s up for interpretation. Anytime I think of the hound’s locker I usually just think of me being muted or kicked because that happened a lot. It was a daily thing, to be honest. It might just be my favorite team to make fun of, to be honest. Losing to Miami 3 times in the finals is quite laughable you have to admit. I have two standout memories, one of Z trying to fool us on April fools day saying half of our team was traded when we were like second in the league… okay totally Z. The other one is when I said I didn't like cheese. People were not happy that I didn't like cheese. I’m sorry? It’s not good. Your poor tastebuds.

Philadelphia Reapers:

I was added here purely for sam role at first. Although I do like hanging out in there occasionally. I more just enjoyed annoying Kaleeb when he was Gm but now it’s Alex so I annoy him instead. I’m not active in there so I don’t have a ton to say about it but from the experiences, I do have it is a good locker room to be in and I enjoy it. This was also the first team I ever made a trade with when I became gm. Was it a good trade on my part looking back? Not at all but it is what it is.

Miami Marauders:

That name took me a good 3 minutes to figure out how to spell as writing this not going to lie. I was invited to Miami when Ricer became the Gm of it. By the way, isn't the name Krice so much better like wtf dude? Anyways I remember I was fairly active in there and then I went IA for a while. I can back and hell had been created with a stupid counting bot. Man, that bot is torture. We use to not be able to get past 20 without messing up. It was also very stressful when we did get fairly high. This is also when I first became a parent. I adopted my first child 100. He’s since moved on to live and thrive by himself. He’s very happy now. I like to think it’s all because of me. I remember the days he was kidnapped like it was yesterday. The saddest days of my life…. But he is safe and happy now so I am too.

Saskatoon Wild: 

This locker room I was invited to after my first plea to let me into locker rooms and give me a sam role. Saskatoon was one of the first teams who were just like sure why not and sent me an invite. I didn’t mind, less work for me. I’m not super active in there but there always seems to be people around talking when I’m in there. I have to admit I’m a little sad Halifax lost to them this season but what can you do. We will get them next time. Also, what is their logo? A genuine question is it a wolf or what I can’t tell please inform me.

San Diego Marlins:

Another locker room that just let me in after my plea for sam roles. I appreciate that they didn't make me do work unlike other people cough cough Calgary. They are so chill there. I enjoy hanging around when I can. Although I must admit Thad was a much cooler gm than JB. JB is just going to steal my players again smh if you know you know. I’ll be so sad if he does. JB if you see this I’m so glad you got a gm job but please don't steal from me anymore steal from like Alex or someone instead. I promise it will be more fun. I’m realizing as I’m writing this that I don’t know what a marlin is I’m going to assume it’s a fish considering the logo but yeah. What we are learning today kids is that sam doesn’t know animals.

Minnesota Storm:

Another team that has a really special place in my heart. It was somewhere that I enjoyed playing and being in. I use to just talk about bagged milk and how weird it was or other differences between the united states and Canada. It was also one of like three locker rooms I checked while I was IA in the league. I would just complain about school and update Ray and Hatter on how the college process was going. Ray from what I remember was the first person to ever put the thought of me becoming a gm into my head. Some of my favorite times were in that LR. I remember the day I found out that Laine was taking over. We had both applied and were talking a lot about who we think would get it. He didn’t believe me when I said him. I just remember being so excited for him though because it was something I knew he wanted and honestly I may have been more excited when he got this job than when I got the Halifax job.

Houston Bulls:

I just joined Houstons Locker room recently when Matty became GM. So far so good. As I do with most teams I forcefully get myself into the locker room and then make friends so they are more willing to abide by my needs of a Sam role. Honestly, haven’t talked much in there as I just joined a few days ago but it seems like a fun place. I’m sure it will be better when Houston has players. ALSO, Houston was the last team I needed to get into and get a sam role in to be able to finish off the Sam role quest in the vhlm. So thank you a lot matty for that I really appreciate it.

Halifax 21st:

This was the first team I joined when I came back from my break. Rory was GM. All I remember was I was put in the josh zone a lot and I mean a lot. I also remember the locker room was very chaotic but fun to be in. I got kicked when I was son Mississauga and we played Halifax in playoffs but it is what it is. Now here we are. I am the gm of the team. It’s a work in progress but honestly, I had a great time last season with the active players we had. Dan is the goat and deals with my nonsense and makes sure I don’t do stupid things which honestly what else could I ask for in an AGM. Although he has a terrible pizza order and also tried to leave me so I can’t be too nice to him. He has no rights so I must be mean. Halifax is another team that will now have a special place in my heart. I was given a chance with them and I’m going to run with it and do everything I can to bring home a cup to Halifax. 

So uh that’s all the vhlm ones. This was supposed to be all teams I’m in but I’m at 2000 words now so vhle and vhl will come at a different time. I talk too much to fit them all in under 2000 words. But to all the gms who let me in for dumb reasons thank you I appreciate it so much.

WC:2002

Edited by Brewins15

15 minutes ago, 16z said:

You won me over or did I win you over 🤔

Also.. Glad you were very honest throughout the whole article ;)

Props to Rice for giving you an amazing idea and amazing work with the execution. Refreshing!

I mean u did kick me so I think I won you over if I went from being kicked to given Sam role and chicken nuggets lol.

Edited by Brewins15

3 hours ago, Brewins15 said:

Thad was a much cooler gm than JB

Can confirm

3 hours ago, Brewins15 said:

JB if you see this I’m so glad you got a gm job but please don't steal from me anymore steal from like Alex or someone instead. I promise it will be more fun.

Funny thing is I'll probably do it without realizing lol 

4 hours ago, Brewins15 said:

I remember the day I found out that Laine was taking over. We had both applied and were talking a lot about who we think would get it. He didn’t believe me when I said him. I just remember being so excited for him though because it was something I knew he wanted and honestly I may have been more excited when he got this job than when I got the Halifax job.

Hilariously I was more excited for you getting HFX over me getting MIN

Review

It's ok, I would feel scared of my first locker room if Ricer and Cow were my leaders too! There's so much personality in this article - both in the way you explain the different LR dynamics, as well as what you contributed (or why you came there in the first place - the Sam role is essential and a chicken nugget emoji is chef's kiss.). 

I'd also like to point out that the Sam role count rests at 7, and the Chicken Nugget Emoji count is 3. This is an unacceptable imbalance and needs to be rectified.

From an editing standpoint, I will note that there are several instances where proper nouns should be capitalized (josh zone -> Josh Zone, vhlm -> VHLM, sam role -> Sam role), though I do also wonder if it's intentional for the sake of styling the article in classic Sam fashion. I'd also add that there are ways to improve pacing for individual sentences by adding commas (e.g. I will not lie to you, Ricer was aggressive for literally...).

Thanks for giving us a look into your league LR life! You've always been a fun user to have around and I'm not surprised you've had many varied experiences in your quest to become the Sam for most every VHLM team.

1 minute ago, Renomitsu said:

Review

It's ok, I would feel scared of my first locker room if Ricer and Cow were my leaders too! There's so much personality in this article - both in the way you explain the different LR dynamics, as well as what you contributed (or why you came there in the first place - the Sam role is essential and a chicken nugget emoji is chef's kiss.). 

I'd also like to point out that the Sam role count rests at 7, and the Chicken Nugget Emoji count is 3. This is an unacceptable imbalance and needs to be rectified.

From an editing standpoint, I will note that there are several instances where proper nouns should be capitalized (josh zone -> Josh Zone, vhlm -> VHLM, sam role -> Sam role), though I do also wonder if it's intentional for the sake of styling the article in classic Sam fashion. I'd also add that there are ways to improve pacing for individual sentences by adding commas (e.g. I will not lie to you, Ricer was aggressive for literally...).

Thanks for giving us a look into your league LR life! You've always been a fun user to have around and I'm not surprised you've had many varied experiences in your quest to become the Sam for most every VHLM team.

I have Sam roles in all vhlm LRs 😛 just didn't mention Everytime!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...