VSN Scouting Presents the S80 VHL Mock Draft (Now in Podcast Form!)

Spartan

Untitled.png

(thanks @Zetterberg)

What is up folks! It's that time of season, and I'm pleased to have been joined by @MattyIce to turn this season's iteration of the mock draft into an ASMR podcast. Without the ASMR portion of course.

But we did do a full hour of chatting about recent VHL moves, and team needs for every team with a pick in the first round. Plenty of banter over the course of an hour, and plenty of confusion as well! That's what happens when you don't prepare well in advance, but I think it came out pretty nicely.

Below in the spoilers will be the results of our mock draft, since we understand not everyone has the time or patience to listen to an hour long podcast. Please keep in mind that we used the current draft order on the portal, and that neither of us have inside information about any of the picks or moves that we predict may occur. 

Hope you all enjoy!

Spoiler

Results:

1st overall: Xavier Booberry @CowboyinAmerica to Helsinki

2nd overall: Matty Fire @MattyIce to Toronto

3rd overall: Corey Kitson @Nykonax to VAN (trade with CGY)

4th overall: Saku Kotkankoivu @DollarAndADream to TOR

5th overall: Kyle Peace @Peace to TOR

6th overall: Oscar Lindbergh @Doomsday to CGY (trade with VAN)

7th overall: Hari Singh Nalwa @Dil to LDN (from PRG)

8th overall: Alessandro Nano @leafsman to SEA

9th overall: Logain Abler @Kelsier to RIG

10th overall: Ryan Vidot @Enorama to LDN

11th overall: Flynn Remy @jhatty8 to HSK

12th overall: David Davis @Josh or trade out for D replacement

13th overall: Sven Eightnine @BarzalGoat to LDN

14th overall: Zach Kisslinger @Kisslingerto WAR

15th overall: Florida Man @zepheter to SEA

16th overall: Nils Godlander @Moon_50 to VAN

Trades:

1. We believe Vancouver, led by AGM @Nykonax  will trade up with Calgary for his own defenseman, Corey Kitson. Calgary moves down to select their goalie of the future after Hedge.

2. We also think it'd be optimal for London to trade Sven Reikkinen @Devise to Prague in exchange for pick 7.

3. Lastly, we didn't think it was possible for David Davis to actually get down to 12 to LA, so we think LA should trade up for Davis, or if they can't trade up and miss out on all 3 G's, trade out of the pick.

for my last player, I was a very consistent 12 capped a week guy throughout the VHLM. At around Nov/Dec 2020 I went IA in every league, including SBA, and lost interest after returning

Not as good of an earner with Remy, but at the same time, it won't be an end all be all for me if I happen to miss a week

I enjoyed it! Some stuff I agreed with, some stuff I'd argue, definitely will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

One note since it came up a few times: I actually told everybody who reached out that I plan on playing in the E next season regardless of where I land. It's both that I think being in the first VHLE season would be fun, but also don't think it's worth another season of regression just to be the worst starting goalie by TPE this year.

2 hours ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

I enjoyed it! Some stuff I agreed with, some stuff I'd argue, definitely will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

One note since it came up a few times: I actually told everybody who reached out that I plan on playing in the E next season regardless of where I land. It's both that I think being in the first VHLE season would be fun, but also don't think it's worth another season of regression just to be the worst starting goalie by TPE this year.

I actually did chat with some GM's afterwards and realized that goalies should always go through the E. Therefore they get to start at a higher TPE when they get to the VHL without having to deal with the extra season of regression, especially one you can't fight. Glad you liked the podcast! Best of luck in the draft 🍻

Edited by Spartan

• 2 weeks later...