An actual question. not important. just curious

samx

Les Canadiens de Montréal, en désavantage concurrentiel?

In all seriousness, I enjoy playing hockey, watching hockey, playing video games, playing with my dog, mountain biking, playing football, playing tennis, reading, watching either Brooklyn 99, Family Guy, or Money Heist, depending on my mood, and just life in general.

When I am not doing those things I am either at school or doing homework.

Also there's this simulation hockey league called the VHL..........

1 hour ago, Brewins15 said:

What is a random hobby or something you are passionate about?

I find it fun to hear other people's hobbies or things they are passionate about

Depends I guess. I just recently got into Warhammer. Spend a lot of time painting, building, playing.

Probably most passionate about football and basketball, ever since I was little I dreamed of playing football and getting to do something I love and now that it’s hopefully going to come a reality with people thinking I have great potential I enjoy football more than anything probably it’s like every time I’m playing every worry problem or thought just goes away :idk:

I play guitar and I also like writing music. I'm not as good at guitar as I'd like and I'm also clueless with recording software so I'll actually do it with a program that lets you write out sheet music since I at least know my theory. It can take a long time to make something I'm happy with (and none of it is written seriously so there's a lot of memes and weird shit) but it's relaxing and really fun when it works.

Oh, and I also love golf even though I suck at it.

4 minutes ago, NSG88 said:

I’ve been dying to try golf but my parents say it’s too expensove

Which is true but idrc

You're right that it's going to cost more than a lot of other things--once you're able to get a job, you can save up for a few weeks and start playing on a budget, though!

If there's a golf store in your area (or even just a sporting goods store), check out their box sets. For under $500 (and for significantly less in some cases) you can get yourself a full set of clubs--if they're still selling the Callaway Edge set in a couple years, that's a great one currently available (and you can probably find a used one out there for less than that). Then buy the cheapest balls you can find--you're going to lose a lot of them. 

As for courses, look around your area and see if there are any public/municipal courses out there. Those will be your cheapest options. A par 3 course is good too, because it's also cheap and because shorter holes are easier to digest for a beginner. 

Lessons are THE best way to learn and improve, but they're also going to be a ton of money. For far less money, watch some of the many tutorials by this guy, pay attention, and try to go out to the driving range a few times and apply what you learn before you play a round. 

If you do your research and put together a list of what you want and what it will cost, you'll find that you can realistically enjoy golf without having to drop thousands on it. Worst case scenario, you get a job and pay for it yourself when you're 16 or so...best case scenario, your parents think it costs thousands and don't know that that isn't necessarily true. I obviously don't know your financial situation--and regardless of what it is, I'm not telling you to ask for money or get mad if you don't get it--but figuring out what you need to get out and have fun is step 1 and it could go a long way.

1 hour ago, NSG88 said:

Ok

I very much like cooking pasta

Yeah, it’s a little strange, 14 year old me should prolly be doing something better with my life

But it’s relaxing to me, and I like pasta (I cook it very very very al dente)

only pasta?

On 9/18/2021 at 5:13 PM, Brewins15 said:

What is a random hobby or something you are passionate about?

I find it fun to hear other people's hobbies or things they are passionate about

image.png

image.png

Obviously this was a few years ago (hence the date on the Ultrasignup page) but yeah... I've run a 50k. Also, 7 marathons, including 2 on back to back days, and countless races shorter than that. Unfortunately it's been some time since I've done anything of that magnitude (2019 was more of a year where I sat back and let my fiancee shine, planning to have my year in 2020, and then actual 2020 happened and that went down the drain) but ultimately I do plan to get back to it once things are more managed. 

Also about to have a wedding in a month and a half, but that's more of a one time thing and less of a hobby

7 hours ago, diamond_ace said:

image.png

image.png

Obviously this was a few years ago (hence the date on the Ultrasignup page) but yeah... I've run a 50k. Also, 7 marathons, including 2 on back to back days, and countless races shorter than that. Unfortunately it's been some time since I've done anything of that magnitude (2019 was more of a year where I sat back and let my fiancee shine, planning to have my year in 2020, and then actual 2020 happened and that went down the drain) but ultimately I do plan to get back to it once things are more managed. 

Also about to have a wedding in a month and a half, but that's more of a one time thing and less of a hobby

I'd be a little concerned if having weddings was a hobby tbh

I have golfed since I was a kid but have started to do it far more often since the pandemic began and it became a way to get outside with some friends. I went from golfing probably a round a month before the pandemic to 27+ holes a week this summer and while it has been expensive it has been a joy to watch myself improve and I find the time outside with friends helps my mental side as well.

Some other things I enjoy doing are hockey, baseball, video games, working around the farm, going for drives and just generally anything that let's me see my friends more often.