Houston Bulls Press Conference

mattyIceman

gfyt8tQ.png

HOUSTON BULLS PRESS CONFERENCE

Week ending on September 19th

1 tpe for 3 answers, maximum 2 tpe for answering all 6!

1.  I'm the new General Manager here!  It's a pleasure to fill out the team from scratch with a fresh batch of promising players.  What are your career plans for your player?

2.  Let's talk about hockey.  What do you like the most about the sport?

3.  Is there an NHL star player that you model your player after?  If so, who is it?

4.  Which NHL team do you root for?  Which one can't you stand??

5.  IRL question:  How are you doing?  Are you a student in school, or working?  What's up in general with things in your life?

6.  How much time do you dedicate to activity on the forums or discord to keep up with league activity?

DA BULLZ: @Komaryk @Jamomayo @Moon_50 @Jeremy Morin @CDS_Leb @Dtayl @CSkams15 @Greg Ernest @DUSS7Y @a_Ferk @Spence King @CV38 @ViprVipe @Jabs

16 minutes ago, MattyIce said:

gfyt8tQ.png

1.  I'm the new General Manager here!  It's a pleasure to fill out the team from scratch with a fresh batch of promising players.  What are your career plans for your player?

Im looking to follow in my brothers footsteps but at the same time walk my own path and create my own legacy as Cam Elsby , what Spencer has done was amazing but i am the one and only Cameron Elsby

The mind games , how complex the game really is and when played at high speed the amazing adrenaline it provides , its like chess on crack 

3.  Is there an NHL star player that you model your player after?  If so, who is it?

The closest player/players that i model my game after are Drew Doughty and his shutdown ability , getting underneath the opponents skin and making a rival where players know ahead of time they will be playing me and start stressing 

Ive been an Arizona Coyotes fan , cant say i hate any team , i just love watching good hockey , i am a Soo Greyhounds Super Fan however , i prefer watching Junior hockey tbh

5.  IRL question:  How are you doing?  Are you a student in school, or working?  What's up in general with things in your life?

TBH IRL , im not doing well, i lost my father in law to battling cancer in February shortly, shortly after i had just started my first full time work after graduating ahead of schedule with my son on the way and in need to provide for my family , however on may 16th my son passed away due to severe placental damage after being flown out of town to a bigger hospital and loss my son all due to doctors being lazy and not listenign to my wife , the health system has failed us and broke both our hearrts , i have gained another angel in heaven however my life has not been the same since and its been a long road to recovery as well as trying to find work , life has been hard 

6.  How much time do you dedicate to activity on the forums or discord to keep up with league activity?

i would love to dedicate hours , it all depends on mu mental health tbh , this is truly my happy place and a place and community where i truly feel needed and a belonging , the recognition during the draft stream having the announcers even mention my name meant more to me than they will ever know 

DA BULLZ: @Komaryk @Jamomayo @Moon_50 @Jeremy Morin @CDS_Leb @Dtayl @CSkams15 @Greg Ernest @DUSS7Y @a_Ferk @Spence King @CV38 @ViprVipe @Jabs

1. I’m looking forward to play for Houston bulls again in my career. My career path is to build the best player I can and play hard every night

2. me myself I’m a old school kind of guy I love the physical side in hockey I love the hits I love the fights I love great aggressive hockey 

3. myself I love the way jordon stall plays he is a big player he can lay the body he’s tough and he can put points up 

4. I have been a penguins fan as long as I can remember but I do hate Toronto just cause of their fan base gets under my skin 

5.  I’m pretty good I’m busy with work I work for a trim company making all the trim for houses I’m honestly busy with work cause of the amount of houses that are going up 

6.  I dedicate as much as I possibly can to the league I try my best to Capp out every week

1.  I'm the new General Manager here!  It's a pleasure to fill out the team from scratch with a fresh batch of promising players.  What are your career plans for your player? Winning a couple of cups in the VHL ultimately. Hopefully win one here first.

2.  Let's talk about hockey.  What do you like the most about the sport? I was always a goalie and I really liked playing. I have trouble paying attention and it was the one thing where I never had trouble staying focused. I was in the zone. It was a good feeling.

3.  Is there an NHL star player that you model your player after?  If so, who is it? I'm not sure. My player is a defensive defenseman that can also hit and score.

4.  Which NHL team do you root for?  Which one can't you stand?? I'm an Oilers fan and I can't stand the Leafs due to their media. I was watching the Oilers broadcast once and for the first 5 minutes they talked about Toronto. The Leafs weren't even playing that night.

5.  IRL question:  How are you doing?  Are you a student in school, or working?  What's up in general with things in your life? I'm doing alright. I'm currently in university. Just got back from my parent's house as I was visiting over the weekend.

6.  How much time do you dedicate to activity on the forums or discord to keep up with league activity? Too much on discord, not enough on forums.

gfyt8tQ.png

HOUSTON BULLS PRESS CONFERENCE

Week ending on September 26th

1.  Season Opener is coming close.  How pumped are you guys to get things going?

2.  Who do you hope you play on a line with?

3.  What's your player's pregame routine?  How do you get focused before the games?

4.  Is cereal a breakfast soup with milk?

5.  What sport would be the funniest to add a mandatory amount of alcohol to?

6.  If animals could talk, which would be the most boring?

1. I'm super pumped to get my first full season underway with this awesome group of people.

2. I hope to play on a line with my boy James Glove Dropper.

3. Stretching is the main thing i do during my pregame routine but ill chirp James Glove Dropper the odd time. I listen to music to get myself focused.

4.I mean it could be.

5.I don't know if i can pick just one.

6. Rat's would be very boring.

Edited by Moon_50

16 hours ago, MattyIce said:

1.  Season Opener is coming close.  How pumped are you guys to get things going?

TBH idk when the season starts but im beyond jacked to get the season started at tha tfirst shift in a bulls uniform with @a_Ferk at my side 🔥

Biggie Cheese Hopefully 🤞 Excited to play with my cuzz Ernie Too ! 

3.  What's your player's pregame routine?  How do you get focused before the games?

its a secret , if i told you , id have to kill you 

thats an interesting analogy 🤔

Curling !! 

Sloth ! 

1. I’m excited to be back in houstan and getting the season under way and for us to have a amazing year

2. defiantly my boy niles godlander whenever we’re on the ice together we tear things up. We’re the bash bros 2.0

3.eating hotdogs and getting pumped up with miles godlander

4.  Well only if u heat the milk up first

5. nascar

6. niles godlander cause we all know he’s a animal on the ice

I plan to build a player with a true winning mentality. I want to keep up with both Frostbeard players (John and Marshall) and get at least 2 Continental cups/

The fact that it is a very fast game and a game of focus that requires high skill and intelligence to play it well.

Nope, I am making my player as my own, wanna create stories and make it my own.

Tampa Bay Lightning is the team to beat and I love being a fan of it for over a decade now. I honestly don't have many teams I don't like but Bruins.. They can just go home. 

I work and am keeping bees. They are happy. 

It depends, as a player I just went through Discord and things maybe twice a day, now as I am back in GMing shoes, I am here almost every hour. 

On 9/19/2021 at 12:07 AM, MattyIce said:

gfyt8tQ.png

1. Just plan to play here as long as possible!

2. Big hits, blocked shots and beautiful stops

3. A few seasons ago it was a mix of Dion Phaneuf and Ryan Suter, but recently I’ve been working more on passing and hope to be more of an Adam Fox and Drew Doughty.

4. Love the Sharks and Flyers, can’t stand the Penguins and Ducks. Caps, Kings and rangers are chill though

5. Student, been sick for a couple days. I think it’s just a cold and I am vaccinated but got COVID tested today. 
6. Life’s been busy with moving cross country, new school, visits from family and whatnot so I haven’t been super active lately but I’m hoping I can step it up.

Edited by Ron Gorgonzola

On 9/21/2021 at 11:12 PM, MattyIce said:

gfyt8tQ.png

1. Very much so, hoping to set career highs in everything.

2. Biggie cheese is lookin like an absolute stud, hyped to play with him

3. Shotgunning a cold one with the boys

4. I hate this question. Like, technically yeah but it’s so weird and also not really and it makes my brain not happy

5. Golf, tennis, boxing, baseball. anything that involves swinging something would be good. If I had to choose one though it would be Baseball.

6. Flies. They couldn’t finish a sentence before they evaporate and die.

On 9/21/2021 at 8:12 PM, MattyIce said:

gfyt8tQ.png

1. Super pumped that we are firing on all cylinders with a few good games got start the season off good.

2. Can't really decide if love to play with some players I got drafted with but it be so amazing to play with my veteran players to learn more while I'm on the ice with them. 

3. My routine is nothing fancy, shots on net, little bit of puck Handling, and some drinking some of my special energy drink to keep me fully energized.

4.absolutly not, I love the Random question probably made my day.

5. I think ping-pong is a great sport and it would add a cool twist if there was some alcohol added in the mix.

6. Turtle because it would take roughly half my lifetime for him to speak out his first years of life.

On 9/18/2021 at 9:07 PM, MattyIce said:

gfyt8tQ.png

1. Working hard on my game and becoming the best player I can become and show how good the Komaryk name can be. 

2.the intensity the game brings and how hard you have to work to become the greatest player you can be.

3.theres not really a player I model myself after. Kind of going for an all arounder.

4. When I was younger I always rooted for LA Kings, not really sure why I think I just thought it was cool when Jonathan Quick made good saves in his prime. Team I can't stand, that's a hard one I dont really not like a team.

5. I'm doing a lot better than I have in my last few years thanks for asking. Just graduated high school and working to travel in the upcoming year(s) not sure yet. Thanks for asking GM !

6. Not in them very often been quite busy as of late.. sorry I'll try better to be on more.

gfyt8tQ.png

Week ending on October 3rd

1.  We are 13-3 to open the season.  What do you think of your performance?

2.  Which players have stood out the most so far?

3.  Which teammate of yours has the best smelling cologne?

4.  We're on a hot streak right now, everyone's a bit loosened up, what's been your best experience so far this season?

5.  Team Captains were named during the weekend.  Godlander as the captain, Glove Dropper and Cheese as the assistants.  How have they been leading the way?

6.  Name your five favorite cookies!  If you don't like cookies (what's wrong with you?), name something else you like to snack on.

DA BULLZ: @Komaryk @Jamomayo @Moon_50 @Jeremy Morin @CDS_Leb @Dtayl @CSkams15 @Greg Ernest @DUSS7Y @a_Ferk @Spence King @CV38  @Jabs @LeBron Jamezz

1. I think i've personally been playing well but i cant not mention how well the team has been doing all together i am very impressed!

2. This is a hard question to be honest id have to say Glove dropper, Biggie Cheese and myself but we also have players who have stood in in the Locker Room such as Skambraks, Elsby and Miglaskems.
3. Honestly id have to give it to Skambraks ive noticed Glove Dropper comes in with almost a Perfume smell and its very strong.
4. I would have to say the Locker room has been the best experience just having people super active and chatting is always a nice treat.

5. I would have to say we have lead the way pretty well trying to help the new guys out.

6. Hmmm in order 1. Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip 2. Soft and Chewy White Chocolate Chip 3. M&M 4. Cake Batter With Chocolate Chip 5. Red velvet.

1. I think ive been playing solid nothing to write home about but hey its only my first season so I cant expect to much

2. In my opinion James Glove Dropper has stood out the most it seems like no matter what we can trust him to make a play to get us a dub.

3. I have to give it to Biggie Cheese its very suttle but really pops and adds a great smell to the locker room pre game

4. The best experience so far has definitely been scoring my first goal in the VHLM very special experience for me and the guys were very supportive about it making sure i got the puck afterwards

5. They have led the way for guys like me still kinda figuring stuff out and just dipping our toes in the water and welcomed me with open arms.

6. 1. Grandmas choclate chip 2. Gooey butter 3. Oatmeal raisin 4. M&M 5. Sugar

27 minutes ago, MattyIce said:

gfyt8tQ.png

4.  We're on a hot streak right now, everyone's a bit loosened up, what's been your best experience so far this season?

5.  Team Captains were named during the weekend.  Godlander as the captain, Glove Dropper and Cheese as the assistants.  How have they been leading the way?

6.  Name your five favorite cookies!  If you don't like cookies (what's wrong with you?), name something else you like to snack on.

DA BULLZ: @Komaryk @Jamomayo @Moon_50 @Jeremy Morin @CDS_Leb @Dtayl @CSkams15 @Greg Ernest @DUSS7Y @a_Ferk @Spence King @CV38  @Jabs @LeBron Jamezz

1. I have severely overperformed in every aspect, and I’m loving it. Happy to be the enforcer I was, with a ppg pace!

2. Biggie Cheese is a great D-Man who I’m very happy to be playing with in his rookie season. Seriously, 3rd in scoring as a defenseman? 2ppg? Sounds like a W pickup

3. Again, Biggie’s made a great 1st impression with his cheese scented cologne. Speaking of cheese, might have to pick up a Gorgonzola scented cologne myself!

4. 5 point game, 10-4 win. Best game I’ve ever been a part of.

5. Couldn’t have chosen someone better than God for the C. Great man and role model

6. Snickerdoodle, chocolate chip, peanut butter chip, double chocolate, Christmas

1:  our team is performing great right now we’re like a well oiled machine, I am happy with my performance so far there really can’t be any complaints 

2. The player who stood out the most is niles godlander from his performance on the ice to his leadership in the locker room

3:  well if you like the smell of hot dogs it be niles godlander but cologne wise I defiantly have to go with biggie cheese what is it polo you’re wearing cause damn it smells good

4:  my best moment from this season is defiantly being picked to be a assistant captain I was so honoured when they picked me

5:  I feel like we have led the way pretty good so far we’re always trying to help the new players out as much as we can

6:  all….. there’s no such thing as a bad cookie I enjoy all the cookies you put cookies in front of me don’t matter the kind don’t expect them back cause I will eat them

On 9/28/2021 at 9:49 PM, MattyIce said:

gfyt8tQ.png

TBH Im not happy whatsoever with my play so far, I have alot to learn and much to improve on especially my discipline and making cleaner hits as well as getting in the shooting lanes more often.

Glove Dropper has clearly stood out with his amazing offensive skills , since day one of camp this guy has REALLY impressed me ! 

I dont really smell my teammates tbh 😕

My best experience of the season so far has been training camp where i have had the most opportunnity in the LR to chat with my new teammates , im looking forward to a great season wit this awesome roster and staying close with my teammates , i realy would love to play another season here in Houston.

Cant say they really have been leading the way any less than perfectly on and off the ice ! these were our most active in the LR from day one and my fam 

CHOCOLATE CHIP 🍪

We need to do better, you have Miglasķēms, what do you mean we are only 13-3.... Unbelievable. 

I like to eat cheese so I believe Big Cheese has stood out the most, pretty sure though it is because of the smeel, those aged cheeses can have a pungent aroma. 

Honestly, Elsby, he is buying those cologne things for like 300 dollars per use. Cool lad though..

Getting drunk with GM Matty. Such a wild person it is not even funny. 

Nils is the lad. Glove is the man. Cheese is the dude. All work together like pineapple works on pizza. 

6.  Name your five favorite cookies!  If you don't like cookies (what's wrong with you?), name something else you like to snack on.
Sand cookies, sand cookies, sand cookies, sand cookies and, pffffff, tough one, but probably sand cookies. 

1.  We are 13-3 to open the season.  What do you think of your performance? It's pretty good so far, can't complain.

2.  Which players have stood out the most so far? The leadership core has done the best so far in my opinion.

3.  Which teammate of yours has the best smelling cologne? Sirdsvaldis Miglaskems, he has a fancy Latvian cologne.

4.  We're on a hot streak right now, everyone's a bit loosened up, what's been your best experience so far this season? Losing to Ottawa back to back. It was a good learning experience.

5.  Team Captains were named during the weekend.  Godlander as the captain, Glove Dropper and Cheese as the assistants.  How have they been leading the way? By leading in points and the locker room.

6.  Name your five favorite cookies!  If you don't like cookies (what's wrong with you?), name something else you like to snack on. Sugar cookies are amazing but might give you diabetes.

gfyt8tQ.png

Week ending on October 10th

1.  We are 19-8-1 so far, tied for second place in the West with Las Vegas.  Did you think we could start off this well?

2.  Are you happy with your production and contribution to the team?

3.  At this point in the season, what is something you think you can improve on in your style of play? via Jamomayo

4.  What do you think of the team's turnaround from last year?  (Team was empty, finished last in the league) via CSkams15

5.  Theme week is coming up next week!  What do you hope theme week will be about?

6.  What are your favorite pizza toppings???

1. We all had it in our minds and hearts to start off like this it was just the execution which is what we have done.

2.I obviously want more just like everyone else but I feel like I have played a part this year even with my limited production.

3. I could definitely improve on not taking penalties I have taken some dumb penalties that have lead to our team to be at a disadvantage.

4. This team has shown were not just a blow over team that you want to play at the end of the season while your trying to go on a playoff run.

5. I hope theme week will be about coming together as a community and just have some fun.

6. My favorite pizza topings are quite controversial but they are pineapple and hamburger.

1 hour ago, MattyIce said:

gfyt8tQ.png

Week ending on October 10th

1.  We are 19-8-1 so far, tied for second place in the West with Las Vegas.  Did you think we could start off this well? I was thinking we would start off pretty good as we have a really solid team.

2.  Are you happy with your production and contribution to the team? The last few sims have been rough but overall i'm happy with it

3.  At this point in the season, what is something you think you can improve on in your style of play? via Jamomayo. I think i need to play a bit more defensive and make sure to make clean hits.

4.  What do you think of the team's turnaround from last year?  (Team was empty, finished last in the league) via CSkams15. I think the the turn around has been awesome! Im very impressed.

5.  Theme week is coming up next week!  What do you hope theme week will be about? I honestly dont know what i hope it will be as long as its not super lame :)

6.  What are your favorite pizza toppings??? All meats.

1.  We are 19-8-1 so far, tied for second place in the West with Las Vegas.  Did you think we could start off this well?
We need to do better, this is absolutely unacceptable. We have the best team in the league and we are playing this bad?

2.  Are you happy with your production and contribution to the team?
No, I have been slacking and eating too much Doritos lately, need to get my game up and get like 6 points per game. 

3.  At this point in the season, what is something you think you can improve on in your style of play? via Jamomayo
I need to learn how to hit people in a way that their bones break in multiple places and are kicked out of the game because of that. 

4.  What do you think of the team's turnaround from last year?  (Team was empty, finished last in the league) via CSkams15
I think we are still as bad as we were before, what kinda questions is this? Unless you win a cup, nothing matters. 

5.  Theme week is coming up next week!  What do you hope theme week will be about?
Best European Players and I dare you all not to write about Sirdsvaldis. This honestly will unleash the wrath of me in the locker room.

6.  What are your favorite pizza toppings???
Alright, so there is a pizza I love to eat and could eat daily - Chicken pieces with Bell peppers and sweet chili sauce and that delicious smoked cheese. That is the only pizza that really matters.