Saku to the Wranglers

DollarAndADream

In very recent news, the S80 VHL Draft was underway and some top picks were made. Xavier Booberry was the 1st Overall Pick of the draft, going to the Helsinki Titans. At 2nd Overall, Matty Fire went to the Toronto Legion.

Many people were curious about the 3rd Overall pick of the Calgary Wranglers, surrounded by 4th and 5th overall picks that were also Toronto's. At 3rd Overall, the Calgary Wranglers ultimately went with C Saku Kotkakoivu, who will be one of their star centermen of the future. Saku had some brief words on being selected 3rd overall.

"I mean, Toronto didn't pick me. That's their own fault. I am absolutely pumped to be going to the Calgary Wranglers. My player agency has a history there and I know I will easily be able to find a nice home on that team and city. It also gives me motivation to prove Toronto wrong, and even Helsinki, even though they needed a goalie more. 3rd overall is a nice place to be, and Calgary has one of the best histories in the VHL." - Saku

The DollarAndADream Agency has a history with the Calgary Wranglers. Their first player, Travis Boychuk went 8th overall to the Wranglers back in Season 37. Leph Twinger played for Calgary in Season 67 and 68, and Hall of Famer Sebastian Ironside played for Calgary from Season 66 to 68. There is a lot of room here for Saku Kotkakoivu to make his mark in Wranglers history, and even the VHL.