Sigard Petrenko - To E or not to E (somebody probably used that already but whatever)

SlapshotWrangler

SEATTLE - A press conference after one of Sigard’s personal training sessions happened. With the introduction of Victory Hockey League: Europe, there were some rumours floating around that Sigard may jump ship. Recently drafted, there were some lofty expectations placed on the young winger, especially considering his development year in the Victory Hockey League Minors. A first round pick is typically a hot commodity and Bears fans (Seattle, not the NFL’s Chicago’s bears) are hoping that their pick will pay off. Would another development year help ease some concerns? Or would another development delay and waste another year in Sigard’s contract? No matter what side a Bears fan is on, they are probably anxious to figure out what Sigard will choose.

“What league are you planning on playing in? The E? The Big Leagues? Maybe even another league somehow?” One curious reporter inquired, addressing the elephant in the room that the other reporters were not brave enough to point out themselves.

Sigard seemed poised and confident as he answered. “I knew somebody would bring this up. While I can't make any guarantees and it is subject to change if the organization chooses to, I think you might want to spell my name P-T-R-N-K-O because I have decided to forgo the E.”