Warsaw GM happy with offseason

dlamb

AR-170429202.jpg

MOSCOW, Russia - The morning after the VHL draft, Warsaw Predators GM Dakota Lamb stood in front of reporters to give his assessment on how free agency and the draft went for the team. 

"First and foremost, I just want to thank Aloe [Dear] and Lexi [Glass] for everything they did for the organization. I wish them the best of luck with their new teams. As well, my best to [Chris] Hylands, Leo [Strauss], [Tim] Waters, and [Vsevolod] Askarov in retirement. All of these players were key for our organization, and will be truly missed within our organization and in the Warsaw community."

When responding to questions about free agency, Lamb said "The players out left us with a bunch of holes, obviously. We felt this free agency class was strong, so we went with that route to fill out the team rather than the trade market. We really liked Brian [Moreau]'s film, so we pursued him heavily to help the top 6. Askarov's retirement and Ajay Krishna's regression made it clear an upgrade in net was needed, and [Jacob] Carson was a guy we know and love in the organization, so it was easy to get a deal done and find our new starter. And of course with the losses to our back end we needed something there as well, and the Poland native Chicken Wing was interested in coming home, and we couldn't be happier. We are still in the market for a top 6 winger, so we will see if we have to go to the trade market for that."

Asked quickly about the draft before he had to leave to fly back to Poland, Lamb gave a quick synopsis on the team's draft picks. "Kisslinger II really impressed us in interviews, and we are more than happy he dropped to us at 14. He's got great finishing ability, and should be on track to make the team in Season 81. Brendan Marner we felt was 1st round talent, so myself and [AGM] Williams were overjoyed when he was there at 21. Louis Vignac is a ways away, but no reason he can't continue his development and make the team in a few seasons. Glade V, Aalto, and Suvorov are all project picks, but overall we're very happy with how the draft went. Any number of these players could be seen in the Blue and Orange one day, and you love thinking that right after a draft."