Legions's 17th pick

WildfireMicro

Armani Calamari was walking around nervously as he stands backstage at the VHL Draft in New York. He was predicted to go ether late first round or early second round in the draft and the end of the first round just happened. He knew that him being chosen in the first round was unlikely but it was still a bit disappointing. But ether way the wait has been hard so he decided to sneak off to the lobby for a drink from the vending machine. As he was drinking a newly bought Dr.Pepper his phone goes off almost making him drop it.

"H-hello you have reached Armani Calamari and yes that is my real name before you ask" he answers as he starts to fast walk back towards backstage

"Well we know Armani. This is Peace, the GM of the Toronto Legion" the voice answers as Armani immediately started to pick up the pace "and we are about to choose you with the next pick. How do you feel about that?"

"Playing for my home town? Not having to move to far for more then a year or two? I'd be exstatic! Let's do it!"

"Perfect but wait does it sound like you are running?"

"Well I got thirsty and sneaked off to get a drink from the lobby. I know that I should have just gotten someone else to get me one, but I was bored"

"Oh we understand! But you better get to the stage and take a deep breath to relax. Welcome home Armani" Armani smiles as he reaches the backstage area. He relaxes and breathes in and out as the Commissioner comes out to announce the pick.

"With the 17th pick in the VHL draft, the Toronto Legion selects....Armani Calamari, Center from the Philadelphia Reapers and the country of Canada!" Armani walks onto the stage and takes the Legion hat. He takes a picture with the Commissioner while holding a Legion jersey. He was still a bit out of breath but luckily was not sweating as he headed back to backstage to talk with some of the media reporters.

"So Armani was the Legion the team you were really hoping for?" One reporter asks

"Well I love living in Toronto so the opportunity to keep doing that is great, but honestly I did not really have any true preference." Armani admitted honestly "I just love playing hockey and wherever I am chosen to play I will play in happily"

"So I understand that you will be playing in the VHLE next season. How long do you plan on staying in Europe?"

"Maybe a season or two but honestly I do not have any idea. I will just play in it for as long as I can before it is time for me to move up"

"What will you be doing with your contract money first?"

"Oh that's easy: Getting my dad a new car! His old one is falling apart" After finally getting away from all the reporters Armani just stares at his new Legion hat with his thoughts going crazy. But he knew one thing for sure: things are about to get busy.