Rest in Peace, Emi (Memorial 1050am British Standard Time Oct. 20, 2021)

Spartan

I'm saddened to share with you all that Emi, former LVA AGM and the user behind Emi Rune and Emiko Spector passed away last night due to cancer at the age of 26. I don't really know if it's my place to share, but I don't know who else would. The official post went up in the PBE where she was most active, serving as rookie mentor head and also Co-GM'ing/GM'ing teams as well. Find that here.

Here in the VHL, Emi was known for her podcast, Rune Rambles, with her partner, Dren (Lilith Lunar). I've had nothing but good experiences communicating with both her and Dren, and others can attest that they were both very kind people who were passionate enough to spend time in our community despite the issues they had to deal with. My condolences go out to Dren and Emi's family during this time. 

Rest in peace, Emi.

Tfong: linking post with additional info for the memorial.

Edited by tfong

I actually recall her from the period she was in the SHL playing for Anaheim, happened to be there as well. Really cool user and person, damn shame cancer did her in. RIP for a stand-out person.

I only had a few short conversations with Emi, and from what I could tell she was a great member of the community, very kind, and happy. Losing someone young is always tough and I would like to wish her family and friends well.

Rest in peace Emi

I don't even know what to say right now. Hearing this news is honestly very shocking to me. Especially since Emi was the very first AGM I've hired. Emi had always been a great community member. Someone who I respected a lot and shared a decent amount of common interests in. During her time in Vegas, she did her best trying to give players a weekly presser and maintain some activity despite her troubles with her health. So my deepest condolences go to Dren and Emi's family. I know I didn't know her personally. I still want to pay my respects to an amazing person.

Rest in peace Emi ❤️

Terribly sad to hear this. I had the pleasure of getting to know Emi when Rune was in Helsinki for a few seasons. She was an excellent ambassador for the club and an even better person to just have a conversation with. May she rest in peace. Condolences to her family, friends, and all members who had a chance to get to know Emi.

Emi was one of the first people to welcome me when I started and when I came to Vancouver. Always a friend and always someone I wanted to be comfortable as a part of the lockeroom. Made a graphic for me back in the day and was always someone you could talk to. I will always remember the best of times. A great personality and she'll be missed by all. I'm so sad to hear about this.

#RestInPeaceEmi

I spoke to Emi multiple times throughout their time here. Each conversations was good. Always kind to me. Similar on PBE. Cancer sucks! Having had my girlfriend go through cancer and chemotherapy herself at 26 years old was a scary, wild experience and made me realize so much more when you have someone incredibly close as a partner goes through it.

@Lilith_Lunar I am sorry for your loss and the pain you’re going through. I’m here if you need someone within this community. Take care of yourself! 

Absolutely brutal news. Her podcast with @BladeMaiden was one of the first ones I listened to after returning, and she was a damn treat to listen to. Gone far too soon, I can't imagine what her family is going through now. :(

This is heartbreaking... Even though I never had a chance to talk or interact with Emi, I can truly say that there always was so much good said about her. I hope your soul is at peace and will be forever remembered as kind, loving and gentle. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Head Moderator

I'm going to continue this thread and edit in the information but a funeral is being hosted for Emi. There is a gofundme setup for it managed by Dren with any surplus to the funeral costs going to assisting those affected by this loss.

https://gofund.me/a98f2348

I've been informed there will be a live steam funeral 10:50am  BST on the 20th of Oct. with the VOD available soon after. Details to follow on this.

https://watch.obitus.com/ Username: zeja3602 Password: 410005

image.png

Edited by tfong