Mason Jones Signature #43

Masu Chan

Good evening VHLers. I made another signature, this time for myself wanting to use Cole Cassels as a representation for my character. I'll be honest I had a more difficult time with this one as Cole hasn't really ever played in the NHL and I had to use a photo of him during his time in DEL a couple seasons ago. Only thing I'd really change if I revisit it at a later date is the 'C' on the chest, I struggled getting it right and it was as close I managed to do. Besides that I am happy with how it worked out and think I did an alright job recreating The Reaper's third jersey.

Mason Jones.png

Review:  One thing that sticks out to me is the numbering on the jersey and the logo crest on the neck. Both are pretty solid and look realistic. I like the way you have the logo wrapping around the jersey, making it look more realistic. You only joined the league a month and a half ago and I really think you have good potential here you can build on easily. Additionally, I really like how you added a few sentences to describe why you chose the render, it's not something you see often but it added a lot for me. 6/10. Overall pretty average but I think with some more graphics and work you could be really good.

Review: The City Back ground looks amzing, and the extra text with the team saying(fear the reaper) is Nice and creative, I feel like you could have done something really cool with the font, overall its very nice looking however the line across the jersuy stands out and is eye catching and I think it need to be removed 7/10

I like the team motto on the sign. A lot of players (me included) but draft year, position, jersey number and/or team they were drafted into, which moves the focus on the player. You decided to put the focus on the team with the city in the background (which I would not have recognized, but hey I am Swiss) and the team motto. Apart from that I only noticed the 'C' which you addressed already on your own accord. 7.5/10

Review:

The background and smoke effect look really clean, but I feel as if there is empty space between the text and the player, the city background doesn't really fit but it isn't a big issue. The font is also a little off compared to the feel of the image. Overall not bad

7/10

Review: 

I think this graphic is quite well done, but I would have made a few minor adjustments. I really enjoy the smoky background, and think it pairs well with the #Fear the Reaper, which gives off a great vibe. I would have chosen a different photo than the one you chose, as the player does not give off the kind of scariness that I was looking for. However, I think that the font matches very well with the feel of the image and enjoyed looking at it a lot.

7/10