Career Beginings

IslesWin

On 10/9/2021 I was signed by the San Diego Marlins of the VHLM. Before this I had played since I was around the age of 9 as a kid. In my first 4 games I had 2 goals, and 5 assists for 7 points. When I scored my first goal I was super excited and proud. I was very happy to sign with the Marlins. While we may not be in the best place when it comes to the standings we are getting better, and it gives players like me more ice time. This ice time helped me get my 7 points so quickly. Through the first 4 games of my career I am only a +1 in +/-. That is something that I look to improve as my season progresses. I really want to develop into a mix of a 2-way forward and a playmaker. Since I am only at the age of 16 so far I think I have a long career ahead of me in which I can hopefully have a lot of success here in San Diego. To get to this point I had to do a lot. When I was 6 I started playing street hockey with my Dad. That helped me improve my passing, and my shooting. Then when I turned 8 I began skating. I struggled at first to gain speed, but as time moved on I became faster. I played my first game when I was 9. In my first season since I had a later start I struggled. That led me to only get a few assists. In year #2 for me I scored my first goal. Then I became a pretty good player. When I was 11 I scored the game winning goal in the final game of a hockey tournament. I was mostly alone in front of the net. I took a shot in tight and got the rebound and slid the puck around the goalie to win the game. Now at age 16 I am playing my first games for the San Diego Marlins. I took the puck from my first ever goal and put it in a case that now sits on my desk in my room. I can't wait until I can show my new prized possession to my family. So far all my teammates have been super nice and helpful to me as I've begun my career. The most helpful person though of all has been the GM. Without the GM I definitely would not be where I am today. I may not have gotten a chance, and wouldn't have been able to navigate things so easily.