S80 Theme Week & Trade Deadline

bigAL

Hello @Members!

Wooo it’s Theme Week!! The only thing that people love to criticize more than awards. Too bad folks, theme week is great and we’re going to do it forever. 

First off, that means that the Trade Deadline is Monday, October 18 at 3pm EDT. If your agent is going to go on the radio, rip the GM, and demand a trade, now’s a great time to do it. This also means that anyone wishing to re-create for the S82 draft can do so starting at midnight that same day.

Theme week is always a great time to explore the word outside our VHL bubble, and this year we’re going to go beyond hockey:

Spoiler

Life after the VHL

So you’ve played eight or nine seasons in the VHL, earned some dough, lived the great life of a professional athlete. 

Then, it’s over. Now what?

This is a great time to check in on some old players or plan ahead for the current player’s future. Are you going to write about Condor Adrienne’s post-playing adventures? Will we see a campaign poster for Jeffrey Pines’ run for Prime Minister of Canada? Is Alex Letang chilling on a beach, or continuing to chase the dream in some third tier hockey league in Malaysia? You tell us. 

To earn your Theme Week TPE, write an article, create a graphic, or record a podcast with some connection to “Life after the VHL”. 

In order to claim the theme week bonus of 6 Uncapped TPE, simply submit your Themed PT (Graphic, Media Spot or 6-TPE Podcast), and claim it as normal. After claiming the PT portion, you can use the same link, and claim the uncapped portion as follows: Claim Uncapped > Other > Doubles Week. (Note: you do not need to post your link in this thread to claim either portion of TPE) 

Make sure to tag your articles with “theme week” so we can collect all the great work in one easy-to-find spot. 

If you have already submitted a Point Task for this week, or are in the midst of claiming a multi-week Media Spot/Podcast, you may still submit a Theme Week PT this week, and claim the capped portion on the next available week, following your multi-week claim.

Also, if you have a single job that pays 6+, you may claim the theme week bonus as long as you complete your duties for the week. If you are in the EFL or SBA and have completed their most recent Media Week, you may use that to claim the Uncapped theme week bonus, but a PT must be completed this week in order to claim the Capped portion, whether that is completed here or through Affiliate Welfare.

Note: Only players who are S81 or older may claim the theme week bonus.

@VHL GM

@VHLE GM

@VHLM GM

• bigAL featured this topic
2 hours ago, Beketov said:

I do love how quickly @bigAL became a jaded blue, he really stepped into the role well.

Grumble grumble kids these days don’t appreciate uncapped TPE like they used to grumble grumble

11 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

Is it too late to do a Halloween theme? Change it now, quickly, before anyone notices! @Commissioner

Next season, so it’ll be about Dec 25th. Perfect. 

So my comment has 2 vibes,

1.) love how @bigAL quickly ushered out a fuck Y’all, almost as quick as I’ve said fuck the establishment in the past lol Nice to see your fitting in with the ole boys ;) 

2.) My utter disappointment that theme week is ignoring my favourite holiday yet again but tbh I’m not even that mad, i just wish you did a bonus option. You could have done a mini pt for the holiday and still can 🎃

12 hours ago, BladeMaiden said:

1.) love how @bigAL quickly ushered out a fuck Y’all, almost as quick as I’ve said fuck the establishment in the past lol

Over half of the comments in the threads are complaints about the theme, so….

Spoiler

12 hours ago, BladeMaiden said:

fuck Y’all

jk luv y’all

There’s more ways than just Theme Week to celebrate the holidays eh?

9 hours ago, bigAL said:

Over half of the comments in the threads are complaints about the theme, so….

Hide contents

jk luv y’all

There’s more ways than just Theme Week to celebrate the holidays eh?

I did insinuate it’s never too late to slide in a holiday task, like I said I didn’t hate the theme I just really have been hoping to see y’all mix it up a bit and really have fun.

being in charge means rarely being popular or having people acknowledge what you do, or the time you put in. It means ppl pointing out every flaw and rarely handing out compliments. I’ve been on both sides of the equation and appreciate what ppls feedback can mean for future projects but don’t think because things go unsaid that your work isn’t noticed or appreciated. In reality it is, especially by your harshest critics because let’s be honest they probably pay more attention than anyone else.

TLDR - you all keep doing you, league hasn’t imploded yet, you must be doing something right. 😂 

• fishy unfeatured this topic