A small goalkeeper in a big game

npuBeT

I'll start right away with the fact that I'm writing with a Google translator))

And there's nothing much to tell, I've never liked hockey and haven't watched it very often. Since childhood, football has mostly been a priority. He always stood at the gate and defended the "last stronghold". I loved doing it.

But winter has come, you can't really play football, and sitting around at home watching TV is not an option. Fortunately, there was an ice rink not far from the house and local older guys played hockey on it. And since there was nothing to do, I decided to go out for a walk at the same time and see how they play. After standing for a while, I already decided to leave, but there was a nuisance, one of the goalkeepers was injured. Many people knew what kind of football player I was and the goalkeeper decided to call me, but I refused, why would I do that? But after persuading me, I tried, took the equipment, it was huge for me, got dressed, pulled on my skates and stood on the ice.... and the first thing I did was just "pecked" my nose on the ice. Of course, I couldn't even stand on skates.  The guys helped me and put me in the gate. And then I looked at them and thought, what's there to catch the puck if I almost completely close them. 

And then the game started....

I didn't even have time to come to my senses as I missed the first puck, then another and another. How, HOW is this even possible? Such a small puck skips past my huge gloves, it was not real. I still remember the moments when the puck flew past me into the goal, how I saw it, but I couldn't do anything.

That's when I went to hockey, because I couldn't get that adrenaline and happiness in any game anymore. There were training sessions, long, hard, but still I'm here. And I hope my journey is just beginning! 

With respect! Yours, Ed Nu.

gORA66ZtwOs.jpg

I love this origin story for Ed Nu! A lot of people like to talk about how much their player’s excel when they were young, but I think it’s refreshing and realistic to depict a player struggling at the beginning.

Great job!