Lynx MVP

qripll

this looks old. idk if u intended to make it look old for like an 80s vibe or whatever but it looks old. the font, old. literally i look at it and all that comes to my mind is old. the overlay or whatever, old. the original image, literally the defintion of old. it looks like its in like 144p. the fade on the background dude, old. overall this is old. 10/10

Review:

In response to @Red above pretty sure @qripll likes making all his work look retro, he usually does a nice job of pulling it off too. Really like the lay out of the poster and the elements you have. But the blurring of the Penguins logo on the helmet feels lazy after taking the time to do a nice jersey change on the other render. Also matching the lynx colour over both renders jerseys would of been nice. Really like the concept though and the execution was just a bit off. Overall 8/10

Review: First off I don`t tend to look at other reviews but this time I couldn`t help read a bit of the above review. This changed my perspective as I didn`t realize at first that we it was retro poster. That being said I am not a huge fan of the retro style of poster here as I remember having some very old retro poster in the day and they still have more character then the poster above as they tend to have name, position and some catch to them. Which is why we had Felix (the Cat) Potvin, Dominator and St Patrick Roy so it would have been nice to see a catch added. Otherwise it looks like a horrible movie poster rather then a Hockey Poster. Another side note is the fact that you mentioned MVP in the title but I don`t see any MVP. On a positive note is a very clean render and logo swap but logo swap in the helmet would have been nice add but at least you blurred out the logo. Overall: 7/10 

52 minutes ago, Frank said:

Review:

In response to @Red above pretty sure @qripll likes making all his work look retro, he usually does a nice job of pulling it off too. Really like the lay out of the poster and the elements you have. But the blurring of the Penguins logo on the helmet feels lazy after taking the time to do a nice jersey change on the other render. Also matching the lynx colour over both renders jerseys would of been nice. Really like the concept though and the execution was just a bit off. Overall 8/10

old

Review: 

I really like the slight grading of the player and background, it gives the whole piece a gritty feel and a strong edge. In addition, the player photos you used were just perfect, and really conveyed the scene you were trying to create. I also really like the font choice given the rest of the graphic, but personally I think it would have been better if you also added similar grading over the letters. Nevertheless, very good!

8/10