Least favorite part of the job...

Acydburn

• Commissioner

So this is my least favorite part of the job, punishments. 

I'll just get right to the point. We tried something new in the E and made back up games more important. The plan was with more active goalies we wanted them to play more than 8 games and sit the rest on the bench so constituted a 20 game back up rule. This rule has been in the rulebook since it was released. 

The following teams missed that 20 game mark:

Cologne: 15 games short

Istanbul: 1 game short

Rome: 2 games short

Since this is the first season and we wanted to be a little lienent instead of playing the normal 20 plus doubling what was missed. The teams on this list will have to just play the regular 20 back up games plus whatever they missed last season. 

For instance:

Cologne needs to play 35 back up games

Istanbul 21 games

Rome 22 games

@VHLE GM @VHLE Commissioner

how do you miss 15 backup games... just miss 20 at that point

also what happens if you miss all 20 backup games. the rule is you'd have to start 20 + 40 for 60 games? Aren't they just a starter at that point

Edited by Nykonax

59 minutes ago, Nykonax said:

also what happens if you miss all 20 backup games. the rule is you'd have to start 20 + 40 for 60 games? Aren't they just a starter at that point

Yeah I feel like there should be a cap on that before picks start getting yeeted. What happens if Cologne has one goaler next season--does that player, who had nothing to do with this, get screwed over for a team punishment? I think that wouldn't be an intended consequence.

4 hours ago, Nykonax said:

By not knowing there is a backup rule in the first place.

One of my closest friends (who isn't that invested in the VHL) was my backup goalie so I put it on settings that allowed for a lot of goalie changes and gave him a few starts with the intention of him starting next season.  

My fault for not reading the rulebook closely though.  Tbh would have assumed I'd get a ping or something given first season but all good, that's on me.

• Commissioner
10 hours ago, Advantage said:

By not knowing there is a backup rule in the first place.

One of my closest friends (who isn't that invested in the VHL) was my backup goalie so I put it on settings that allowed for a lot of goalie changes and gave him a few starts with the intention of him starting next season.  

My fault for not reading the rulebook closely though.  Tbh would have assumed I'd get a ping or something given first season but all good, that's on me.

You were pinged multiple times in discord about the rules. 5 other GMs managed to come close. 

• Commissioner
15 hours ago, Nykonax said:

The rule for punishment wasn't set in the E to mimic the VHL so there isn't a set double the games. We thought about doubling them like the VHL, but since it was the first season we decided to go easy. Going forward there will be tweaks to the rules.