Welcome to Seattle! - Sigard's First House

SEATTLE - It seems that one of the newest editions to the Bears has taken quite a liking to the city of Seattle. Even though it has only been one season since he joined the Bears main roster, Sigard Petrenko has recently bought a house in Seattle. For his entire North American career until now, Sigard has stayed in apartments and has roomed with teammates. Though, this is probably due to the short nature of VHLM careers. Thanks to his bonuses and his salary, he was able to get himself a fairly sizable house. 

When asked why, he simply replied, “Well, Seattle’s my home now. Might as well get a house here. I love this city and I want to stay for as long as I can. The fans are great, there is so much to see and do here and I’m looking forward to representing the city of Seattle for as long as I can. Being a Bear is a huge honour and the community is so welcoming.”

Living alone will be quite the adjustment as this will be the first time he would really be alone in a living space. But he is excited to see the possibilities.

“I’ve always wanted to have a skating rink in my backyard, no matter how small it is. As a kid, I’ve always dreamed of that second only to the dream of making the NHL or VHL. I also already have plans to set up some hockey training gear in my basement. What can I say? I love Seattle and I love hockey.”