Experience Points Allocated

Friday, November 12th

WJHC Days 1-2

Saturday, November 13th

WJHC Days 3-4

Sunday, November 14th

S80 Hall of Fame Induction

Depreciation

(Affects S74 / S75 / S76 Drafted Players)

S81 Finance TPE Cut-Off 

(all TPE earned, up to, and including, this date will affect salary brackets for S81) 

S81 VHLM / VHLE TPE Cut-Off  

(Any players who have earned 200 TPE or more, up to and including this date, will no longer be eligible to play in the VHLM for S81. Likewise any players who have earned 400 TPE or more, up to and including this date, will no longer be eligible to play in the VHLE for S81.)  

WJHC Day 5 & Quarter Finals

Monday, November 15th

S81 Retirement 

(Players can re-create for next season and their retired player will continue playing in this season)

WJHC Semi Finals & Medal Games

Tuesday, November 16th

World Cup Days 1 & 2

Wednesday, November 17th

Free Agent Discussions Open @ 12 PM EST

S81 Training Camps Open

World Cup Days 3 & 4

Thursday, November 18th

Free Agency Open @ 12 PM EST

World Cup Days 5 & Quarter Finals

Friday, November 19th

World Cup Semi Finals & Medal Games

S80 VHL Awards Ceremony

S81 VHL Entry Draft @ 9 PM EST

Saturday, November 20th

S80 VHLM Awards Ceremony

S81 VHLM Entry Draft @ 7 PM EST

Sunday, November 21st

S80 VHL Awards Predictions Payout

S81 VHL Awards Predictions Open

S80 VHLE Awards Ceremony

S81 VHLE Draft @ 8 PM EST

S81 Depreciation Fighter Cut-Off 

(Any players who wish to purchase a S81 depreciation fighter from the Player Store will no longer be eligible to do so after this date: The 'Jaromir Jagr', Still Kicking, Old But Not Forgotten)

Tuesday, November 23rd

S81 VHL / VHLE / VHLM Indexes Posted

Wednesday, November 24th

S81 VHL / VHLE / VHLM Regular Seasons Begin

S81 Training Camps Close @ End of Day (11:59 PM EST)

Friday, November 26th

S81 Awards Predictions Close @ 6 PM EST

Last day to purchase Prediction Modifiers

Monday, December 20th

S81 Trade Deadline @ 3PM EDT

Players may create for S83 VHL Entry Draft

Wednesday, December 29th

VHL / VHLE / VHLM Last Day of the Regular Season

Friday, December 31st

S81 Playoffs Begin

• Josh changed the title to S80 Offseason / S81 Season Schedule
  • Josh locked, unlocked, pinned and featured this topic

I've got a question about call-ups that has probably been answered before informally, but I can't find the official answer in the rulebook. I'm operating under the impression that the VHL Rulebook is completely up to date, and that it is the guide to refer to for any operational queries.

However, I'm still not sure how the implementation of the VHLE impacts timing of call-ups to the VHL.

7.3 - Call-ups

Any VHLM player may be called up by their VHL team at any point between the off-season and the trade deadline. No call-ups may take place from the trade deadline to the end of playoffs.

I said I was operating with the impression the rulebook was up to date, but since call-ups still refer to VHLM->VHL, I suppose it isn't. The VHLM/VHLE cutoff has been set for Sunday, November 14th. In the past, the cutoff has always been treated as the date players that don't want to get called up hold their TPE at, until it passes.

So, a couple questions:

1. Can a player, less than 10 TPE away from a league's cap, claim the full amount of training camp TPE? Will that process force them above their respective cap?

S81 VHLM / VHLE TPE Cut-Off  

(Any players who have earned 200 TPE or more, up to and including this date, will no longer be eligible to play in the VHLM for S81. Likewise any players who have earned 400 TPE or more, up to and including this date, will no longer be eligible to play in the VHLE for S81. - Training Camp may not be claimed if you are at the Cap; if you are within 10 of the cap on this date, you may claim up to the cap, i.e. If you are at 194, you may claim 6 TPE from Training Camp)  

I know it says no in this portion here, but the same wording existed in the S78->S79 portion. I had a situation where a prospect claimed the full training camp and it took them over 250, therefore forcing them up.

S79 VHLM TPE Cut-Off  

(Any players who have earned 251 TPE or more, up to and including this date, will no longer be eligible to play in the VHLM for S79 - Training Camp may not be claimed if you are at the Cap; if you are within 10 of the cap on this date, you may claim up to the cap, i.e. If you are at 244, you may claim 6 TPE from Training Camp)  

2. In order for a VHL team to call up a prospect, does that prospect have to be at/above 350 TPE by the M/E cutoff? If not, when is the latest day a team can choose to call-up their player?

Edited by Spartan

23 minutes ago, Ente2997 said:

I only see the VHL draft. Do we already have a date for the E and M draft

I thought the same thing but do you see the spoiler at the very top? It lists some of the things that still need to be placed

Edited by 16z

2 minutes ago, 16z said:

I thought the same thing but do you see the spoiler at the very top? It lists some of the things that still need to be placed

Yes I've seen it I just wanted to ask 

• Commissioner
8 hours ago, Spartan said:

1. Can a player, less than 10 TPE away from a league's cap, claim the full amount of training camp TPE? Will that process force them above their respective cap?

No, that's a copy paste miss that should be removed. Training Camp is post cutoff and has nothing to do with eligibility.

8 hours ago, Spartan said:

2. In order for a VHL team to call up a prospect, does that prospect have to be at/above 350 TPE by the M/E cutoff? If not, when is the latest day a team can choose to call-up their player?

350 minimum at the cutoff (finance, M, E) and they can be called up anytime until the end of the off-season.

8 hours ago, Josh said:

350 minimum at the cutoff (finance, M, E) and they can be called up anytime until the end of the off-season.

So a prospect who hits 350 next Monday would not be eligible to get called up despite it just being the first day of the second offseason week?

5 minutes ago, Peace said:

It should be 'by the draft', right? In regards to S80+ players if they can play skip the E and play in the VHL.

That makes it a bit too vague, considering draft dates vary every offseason. If we're standardizing the length, I'd just rather have the cutoff to call up players be at the end of the off-season, which seems logical enough.

1 minute ago, Spartan said:

That makes it a bit too vague, considering draft dates vary every offseason. If we're standardizing the length, I'd just rather have the cutoff to call up players be at the end of the off-season, which seems logical enough.

I agree.

• Josh unfeatured and featured this topic
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Commissioner
3 hours ago, Frank said:

Monday, December 13th

S81 Theme Week

@Beketov @Josh

We decided to replace theme week this season with the Christmas stuff since they were happening at essentially the same time anyway.

• fishy unfeatured this topic
  • Josh unpinned this topic