Robin Williams

Man, this really fucking sucks. I really liked a lot of his indy stuff, just watched a more recent one that released this year the other day. Great comedian and actor, and he was only 63. Man. 

For all the making fun I did of his comedic routines at times and called him somewhat lacking of modern comedy, this actually hurts a little. I can't deny the amount of times growing up that this man made me laugh. Then I get to the age where I can focus on some of his serious roles and adult movies and he strictly blew me away with talent. He will be missed if anything for the countless hours of laughter he did provide.

Loved a lot of the movies he did growing up as well as random stuff like playing an early version of Spore and doing all the weird voices while he played.  From what I understand they just got Mrs. Doubtfire 2 in motion I hope it really wasn't suicide.

Guest Svoboda_3

Flubber

Mrs. Doubtfire

Jack

The Night At the Museum Movies

Jumanji

Popeye

Dead Poets Society

RV

Happy Feet

I watched a lot of his movies, but these stood out. I think I'm going to watch one his movies this evening.

Flubber

Mrs. Doubtfire

Jack

The Night At the Museum Movies

Jumanji

Popeye

Dead Poets Society

RV

Happy Feet

I watched a lot of his movies, but these stood out. I think I'm going to watch one his movies this evening.

Aladdin, Hook, Good Morning Vietnam... I want to watch them all but I don't know if I can bring myself to do it right now. One page from Watchmen keeps ringing through my head right now:

Heard joke once:

Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Says life seems harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening world where what lies ahead is vague and uncertain. Doctor says, "Treatment is simple. Great clown Pagliacci is in town tonight. Go and see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. Says, "But, Doctor...

...I AM Pagliacci."

Edited by Sandro

Some of my fav's

Man of The Year

The Angriest Man in Brooklyn

Shrink

Good Will Hunting

World's Greatest Dad

The Big Wedding

Death to Smoochy

Insomnia

The Birdcage

Patch Adams

Mrs. Doubtfire

Being Human

Jumanji

I need to see more of him, but I loved him in Good Will Hunting, The Fisher King, and Good Morning Vietnam.

EDIT: The two Night at the Museum movies as well. He was great in those too.

Edited by Spangle

• Admin

Just realised that I was listening to some songs from Aladdin on YouTube (for no particular reason, for the first time in years) yesterday before I saw this thread. Such a depressing coincidence and very sad news. RIP.

I remember watching Dead Poets Society and instantly becoming a fan, it was the first movie of his I had ever watched. When I was 7 I watched Jumanji in the hospital like 90,000 times after getting my tonsils out. 

He's by far my all-time favorite actor, and it really sucks he's gone :(