Riga Reign - New Logo

Beketov

• Commissioner

The VHL has long prided itself on our logos, all custom work and all, we believe, top quality. However over time things inevitably change and what was once loved becomes stale. For that reason we have been going through and updating logos we feel have gotten stale and need a new look.

Today we continue that trend. @hedgehog337 brought up wanting a new logo several seasons ago and we went through several iterations with our own creators before eventually deciding on a purchased logo that we felt fit the team well. Therefore I present to you today the new and improved Riga Reign!387F6302-EEF3-46A5-8AEE-E8119EA0C5FE.webp

(Saturation edits by @Frank)

• Commissioner
Just now, FrostBeard said:

I really love the addition of the crown, but the logo has one big flaw - it is not orange enough. 

Hedge and I actually thought that as well and bumped the saturation of the face up only to find that it just got lost in the mane and if we then bumped the saturation of the mane down it became very “meh”.

I do find orange is one of those funny colours that depends HIGHLY on the display you’re using. Like I fixed this up at work (as we bought it there was a bit too much detail we wanted flattened) and on my iMac screen it barely looks orange at all but on my second monitor and my phone it’s pretty punchy. It’s weird.

5 hours ago, hedgehog337 said:

To be more precise, it'd likely be looking like flames instead of actual mane. 

The brown looks bad imo. But I hate brown on sports logos. The design overall is nice. I don't think logos need to be accurate representations. 

• Commissioner
7 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

after a brief talk with Kelvie you can switch to Frank's version

I’ll adjust the illustrator file to match in case we ever need it.

• Commissioner
2 minutes ago, Frank said:

TfNNAme.png

iBElkB1.png

For the forum, tried to match the originals as best I could. @Beketov

I’ve got the templates but that’s about as good as I’d probably do anyway.