Games: 1-9

VHL Games

How does my player on the first Def pairing have 11m ice time (with 8m being special teams) but the bots on the lower pairings have 19m each? I am confused...

5 minutes ago, Shindigs said:

How does my player on the first Def pairing have 11m ice time (with 8m being special teams) but the bots on the lower pairings have 19m each? I am confused...

Pretty sure because you were a new player and not added to the index yet.. Your GM had no chance to edit lines so he put you in place of another player. I'm sure next sim you'll play a ton more!

Edited by 16z

Oh okay, I just checked the game log and it said I was on the first pairing there. So I take it just because it says 1st pairing in the game log doesn't necessarily mean the sim considers it the 1st pairing regardless of that? Any way for me to see what the status of that is from the log. Or is that only something that can be seen GM/Simmer side? Still super new and trying to understand as much as I can.

5 minutes ago, Shindigs said:

Oh okay, I just checked the game log and it said I was on the first pairing there. So I take it just because it says 1st pairing in the game log doesn't necessarily mean the sim considers it the 1st pairing regardless of that? Any way for me to see what the status of that is from the log. Or is that only something that can be seen GM/Simmer side? Still super new and trying to understand as much as 

Nope you can see pretty much all of it. Just give it a little time for your coach to adjust the lines so you get some more ice and you'll be firing them at the net, the season just started. Those bots shouldn't even be getting ice-time haha

Just now, 16z said:

Nope you can see pretty much all of it. Just give it a little time for your coach to adjust the lines so you get some more ice and you'll be firing them at the net, the season just started. Those bots shouldn't even be getting ice-time haha

I mean my player is literally the most defensive defenseman to ever defenseman. So I'm not so sure about the shots.🤣 The takeaways though, they will be glorious!

19 minutes ago, Shindigs said:

I mean my player is literally the most defensive defenseman to ever defenseman. So I'm not so sure about the shots.🤣 The takeaways though, they will be glorious!

Or that 😅

Actually really weird, you are legit on all the 1at lines so everything is set other than not being an extra man or getting a double shift but those things wouldn't change it much, no penalties either. Unless your line is set to less minutes, usually that doesn't do nothing but if it's super low maybe that's why? Think these bots are just messing everything up tbh. Anyways, good luck this season pal, nice to see a new face around here :)

Edited by 16z

3 minutes ago, 16z said:

Or that 😅

Actually really weird, you are legit on all the 1at lines so everything is set other than not being an extra man or getting a double shift but those things wouldn't change it much, no penalties either. Unless your line is set to less minutes, usually that doesn't do nothing but if it's super low maybe that's why? Think these bots are just messing everything up tbh. Anyways, good luck this season pal, nice to see a new face around here :)

Yeah it looked really weird to me too. Hopefully whatever it is will be sorted sooner rather than later. Thanks for quick replies and words of encouragement.👍