What Does the Community Think of League Moderation? (ALL of your opinions, NONE of mine)

Gustav

1 hour ago, GustavMattias said:

and ironically in that case I wanted a response that was "just right"

Yeah, I understood that was the reasoning, that's why I said somewhat arbitrary, instead of arbitrary:P Like I get why you did it, and without knowing about the median thing you had no reason not to. But in practice it results in "voter apathy" and "perfection" giving the same output in the survey. That false positive will, ironically, make it so your survey should give a statistically more favorable outcome for the mods. Which I'm guessing wasn't your intent.

It's really funny when you do know about something like that and you look at a survey and see that the only big outlier was the only question where it was applicable. Sometimes things like these feel so "theoretical" that they don't apply, unless working with massive sample sizes. But picking the median, instead of having to think about what you really believe is so deeply human that we can't stop ourselves, unless we feel very strongly about the question at hand. It's part of what makes survey and study results such a mess. It's incredibly easy to accidentally get false positives. And thus as a result, also incredibly easy to create false positives where they suit your needs. But since this basically goes against what I perceive to be your personal stance. It's very obvious it was unintentional. But it's a good thing to keep in mind if you ever need to trick people and look out for in the work of others. Or you might get bamboozled! I think the quote goes "There's lies, bloody lies, and then there's statistics".