Online sport graphics that I found that AREN'T terrible

boubabi

On 12/14/2021 at 4:58 AM, boubabi said:

Screenshot-20211211-234249-Instagram.jpg

The famous koradek glare on helmet

Just as an aside, "Pitt" is Swedish for a fleshy appendage that ironically enough isn't COC compliant. Yes, this also means that Brad Pitt's surname also means that, and Brad is only a vowel short of "bred" which is the Swedish word for thicc.

6 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

This looks shopped you can tell from the pixels

It's an older meme, but it checks out!

Really though, the shadowing they added on the right side of the fur coat thingy looks amateur levels of bad. Like worse than what I did in about a minute on Bo's Santa hat levels of bad. But that's meant to be a 180x200 px avatar, not a big boi poster.

Just now, jhatty8 said:

the cut out jersey as the text is still the coolest thing ever imo

I actually didn't notice that on the first viewing. Not only that it's the text from the back of the jersey. But it being part of the actual jersey in the background but extracted out to the foreground, is one of the more creative ways to tie the text into the background I've seen.

43 minutes ago, Shindigs said:

I actually didn't notice that on the first viewing. Not only that it's the text from the back of the jersey. But it being part of the actual jersey in the background but extracted out to the foreground, is one of the more creative ways to tie the text into the background I've seen.

I don't think that the jersey text in the foreground is the same as the one in the background. The jersey in the background is white and Pitt's away jerseys are white with blue text on the back, while their home jerseys are blue with white text on the back. Plus the angle of the cropped foreground text doesn't really match the render in the background. 

But that's still a good catch, and while most likely just unintentional positioning in this case, it's a pretty cool idea that someone should definitely do.

54 minutes ago, jhatty8 said:

The jersey in the background is white and Pitt's away jerseys are white with blue text on the back, while their home jerseys are blue with white text on the back. Plus the angle of the cropped foreground text doesn't really match the render in the background. 

Right, I thought maybe they had a Philadelphia Flyers type thing going on where they have the wrong color name tag on purpose. The drop shadow on the extracted name tag added enough visual noise to make it hard for me to tell if the angle was just right or not. Since jerseys do love a good completely unreasonable crinkle to liven up the mood.

It kinda feels like the positioning is just too perfect to be a mistake. Could also just be that they placed it that way to save them the effort of needing to blank out the actual tag, since you'd end up with Pickett on Pickett if you didn't. Sometimes the lazy solution just accidentally leads to some really cool results. Regardless it was a cool way of doing it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...