2021 VHL Holiday Charity Donation Drive

bigAL

I was torn on how I should handle donations this year. Watching British Columbia struggle with the droughts, fires, rain and floods was extremely difficult. There’s also many other good causes to donate to and of course, you’d like to help them all. This year I’ve chosen one that has hit home for me and many in this league! 

My girlfriend had a strange feeling, they found a mass, was eventually diagnosed with Diffuse Large B Cell Lymphoma in 2020, completed Chemotherapy with her final round being on Halloween of 2020 and has done check ups since! It was her 1 year appointment today since being given the green light and all is still good.

I clicked out of the page but can provide receipts, as well as a couple pics of my $50 donation to the Alberta Cancer Foundation - which directly allowed me to send the money to the Cross Cancer Institute where my girlfriend received her care. 

47805AB1-8F03-47FA-B977-54B819A810A3.jpeg.b88a44cb1163a21d047188c18105dadd.jpeg815579ED-C296-4970-8B5C-1DC1ACAB9C3B.jpeg.18806133b1f5dc0f2a187feffdad1259.jpeg

@oilmandan I know you’re having a little one here soon and things may be a bit tight. Thanks for being a Bear, thanks for being a good dude and for your presence on the Bears and council throughout the years. Merry Christmas to you and yours!! 🎅🏼🎄 

Edited by Banackock

10 hours ago, TheNeonShaman said:

Is this alright to donate to? It's the link from the main thing. I think it should be all good.

It's all good, the Paypal went to sterling, who used to manage the league treasury but is no longer. He mistakenly received about $50 of these donations BECAUSE AL COPIED THE LINK FROM SOMEWHERE DUMB, but he's forwarded them to the correct place. :cheers:

58 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

It's all good, the Paypal went to sterling, who used to manage the league treasury but is no longer. He mistakenly received about $50 of these donations BECAUSE AL COPIED THE LINK FROM SOMEWHERE DUMB, but he's forwarded them to the correct place. :cheers:

Thanks for the reassurance, I saw it was different than everyone else's and was a bit worried lol.

Transaction ID: 5T691905XM501071Y
Date: December 13, 2021
Payment Status: COMPLETED

Description Unit Price  Quantity  Amount 
    Tax amount  
    Total $10.80 USD
    Payment to recipient $10.80 USD

This transaction will appear on your statement as PAYPAL *PARTNERSINH PAR

Transaction Summary:

Total Amount of this transaction: 
$10.80 USD; 

Donation to Partners in Health.
Free Week next week - ending 12/19.

On 12/13/2021 at 5:59 PM, Phil said:

image.png.fbe3fdbe56b25c607d4154cee0f88966.png

This also covers @Daniel Janser for being such a presence in the lockeroom and @Ricer13 for being an amazing GM. Merry Christmas you guys. :cheers: 

Do not know what to say except thank you good Sir and Merry Christmas to you and your kin.

Claiming for week 26th December 2021, as @Ricer13 has waived his claim on Phil's donation. And since I do not reasonally expect anyone in charge to take my word for it, here is a printscreen of the respective LR convo:

image.thumb.png.370c507495b1bdcdd168177c5f1bfb4a.png

Edited by Daniel Janser

This donation is made in honor of a recent clinical rotation I had that had a significant component of gender health - that is, people who are experiencing gender dysphoria or making the transition to a gender they weren't assigned at birth. It was a transformative experience for me to hear about the struggles of LGBTQ+ youth, finally offer them a place that they could call 'home' medically and psychologically, and offer them a chance to initiate (or at least discuss) gender-affirming medical and surgical care.

This is probably the first of multiple donations, so keep an eye out! :) 

Time Out Youth Donation.png